FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
Nice to get back to this sh*t after a break...

View attachment 780922 View attachment 780928 View attachment 780930

This is complete BS. My defence played perfectly up to that one **** up. ME just wanted screw me over because my striker was shooting blanks and I was up by only one goal. There is no way that "pass" would have happened in any other situation:

[video=youtube;rv4sXgE7ajg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv4sXgE7ajg[/video]

Don't know if there's been an update - I rarely pay much attention to these things - but I'm noticing a lot more wayward passing in the game recently. And if I though that 'fewer risky passes' as a player instruction would make a difference then I was unsurprisingly wrong.

Sacked again!! Thanks to my full backs being lazy ******* and not doing their jobs properly (free cross after free cross after free cross), I went on a poor run of form and threw away a twelve point lead to find myself in fifth. The board wanted to talk, they didn't like my answers, and the inevitable happened.

I want my defenders to defend. Is that really so much to ask of them?

Sacked again!! Thanks to my full backs being lazy ******* and not doing their jobs properly (free cross after free cross after free cross), I went on a poor run of form and threw away a twelve point lead to find myself in fifth. The board wanted to talk, they didn't like my answers, and the inevitable happened.

I want my defenders to defend. Is that really so much to ask of them?

In the SI bug forums I posted a thread about something that may be the reason for that a few days ago, they replied saying what I reported was a known thing and they were working on it. It was not so much free crosses as closing down not having enough defend, but in the examples crosses were what happened through that. Hopefully they've fixed it. I see a couple fixes in the thread about the 15.3 patch that might alleviate that, though nothing specifically about that thing I reported.

On to other things, I've seen a couple of posts about people speaking of goalie clearing long kick to the middle and conceding a goal. It's annoying indeed, thankfully for me it's decreased a lot since 15.2. I wonder if they refer to goalkeepers who have taken the ball out of the area to a side, clear instead of the desired pass to defender and then long shot in empty goal; by the posts it sounds to me that's the case. I would think in those examples it's not so much a matter of distribution (maybe passing to shorter could help as an idea), but I'd imagine more of a composure/bravery/decisions of the goalkeeper. I would imagine the game is making the goalie freak somewhat with not being in the area and clearing instead of looking for passes. Would there be an issue, which I'm not saying it can or can't be, I'd think it's more about being outside the area being set to too scare for goalkeepers than it should. Or somesuch.

Here's hoping - though it could be a blessing in disguise. I reloaded the game to the point before I got sacked, ripped up the tactic and started again with more player instructions and less team instructions and got off to a good start. Full backs were still a bit dodgy with their positioning but not as bad AND I actually scored from a corner!!

Your other point about the GK - mine wasn't taking the ball out wide, but he was taking the sweeper keeper role to a place where even Neuer would've said "Too far, son. Too far. That's just crazy." Changed him to a standard GK with defensive duties, but then he started taking free kicks out wide (outwith set piece instructions) and blasting them straight into the path of a volley. I reckon there must be/have been a problem with goalkeepers, because he was also taking long kicks when he was supposed to be passing short to a CD. Only ever seemed to happen when I was defending a lead....

i just had a match where i got truly fm'd and it made me think

View attachment 296819View attachment 296818

Fraser Forster made 13 saves against me, shown above where my keeper decided to make a grand total of 0 haha.

I thought i would have a look back through my premier league games and i have found that on average the opposition goalie is making 8.1 saves against me a match, which i thought was pretty ****** high. I checked out some stats from real life and found that the most shots any team is having saved against them per match is 3.8 at man city and the most saves on average made by a goalie per game is 3.9 by rob green and pantilimon. In 33 premier league games this season the opposition has only ever made saves less than these averages 2 times against me and on 10 occasions the opposition has made 10 or more saves, in basically 30% of my games the goalies are making double digit saves.

However my thoughts revolve around thinking that it is too easy to create chances in the game/get shots on target. If the goalies dont make so many saves then most of my matches would be ridiculous scores. I think it should be harder to create chances and play attacking football in the game because in my opinion only very few teams in the world can actually play flowing attacking football and create numerous chances, whereas it is easier to be a solid unit at the back and just snuff out the opposition, i think in creating so many chances they should break down more due to errant play or being frustrated by the defence

i just had a match where i got truly fm'd and it made me think

View attachment 781902View attachment 781903

Fraser Forster made 13 saves against me, shown above where my keeper decided to make a grand total of 0 haha.

I thought i would have a look back through my premier league games and i have found that on average the opposition goalie is making 8.1 saves against me a match, which i thought was pretty ****** high. I checked out some stats from real life and found that the most shots any team is having saved against them per match is 3.8 at man city and the most saves on average made by a goalie per game is 3.9 by rob green and pantilimon. In 33 premier league games this season the opposition has only ever made saves less than these averages 2 times against me and on 10 occasions the opposition has made 10 or more saves, in basically 30% of my games the goalies are making double digit saves.

However my thoughts revolve around thinking that it is too easy to create chances in the game/get shots on target. If the goalies dont make so many saves then most of my matches would be ridiculous scores. I think it should be harder to create chances and play attacking football in the game because in my opinion only very few teams in the world can actually play flowing attacking football and create numerous chances, whereas it is easier to be a solid unit at the back and just snuff out the opposition, i think in creating so many chances they should break down more due to errant play or being frustrated by the defence
This is one of the biggest problems that fm has it is too easy to create chances. But will a human player continue to watch their matches if there are no highlights???

This is one of the biggest problems that fm has it is too easy to create chances. But will a human player continue to watch their matches if there are no highlights???

I literally just had a game with my Blyth save where the highlights were just me scoring a goal, and then the time just ran on. Nothing else of note apparently happened during the game. >.>
Fastest match I've played on this FM so far.

Can we outlaw the word diablo in the tactics section? this is getting out of hand..

but does a highlight have to be end in a chance being created, can a highlight not be your attackers making a mistake or struggling to break down the opposition, leading us to try and make a tactical tweak so we can eventually create and score??

and anyway i watch my matches in 2d because i got so fed up watching the me

Cammy Bell deciding that my new tactic is working too well so to make life more difficult he ignores his individual instruction of distribute to a certain team mate in favour of blasting the ball forward (and my players NEVER win possession from a goal kick).

Said it before, and I'll say it again - one step forward, two steps back.

Done. Officially finished with the game. Because what's the point in putting together a tactic, tweaking it until I have my players playing almost exactly the way I imagined, if the AI is going to interject as and when it sees fit to prevent me from ever getting it just right? Kills the enjoyment because the little things mean I might as well not instruct them to do anything.

First FM game bought for a long time, and it'll likely be the last. On the back of the case, it says 'How will you manage?'

Dunno, how will you LET me manage? I'm only glad I had some store credit when I bought it so it only cost me about £7.

One final thing before I uninstall and wash my hands of this infuriatingly erratic piece of nonsense - dumping a player on his a**e is a foul and not a counter attacking opportunity.

All i can say is: this was my last year buying the game.
Since 2012 everything went to ****, getting worst by year and this FM15 has nothing to do with real football. After so many months and so many patches they did not fix some of the most important bugs. This is saying everything: THEY DO NOT GIVE A ****.
Some of you might say : they did not have time for all of them , they are trying ... etc ... the truth is: THEY ARE MAKING MILLIONS OF EURO on our backs, we are paying good money for the game and they do not even do a proper test before releasing the game. They have the money to hire programers and testers... but NO NO NO, money is more important.

REAL FOOTBALL MANAGER IS DEAD! GOOD BYE FOOTBALL MANAGER.

Cammy Bell deciding that my new tactic is working too well so to make life more difficult he ignores his individual instruction of distribute to a certain team mate in favour of blasting the ball forward (and my players NEVER win possession from a goal kick).

Said it before, and I'll say it again - one step forward, two steps back.

Done. Officially finished with the game. Because what's the point in putting together a tactic, tweaking it until I have my players playing almost exactly the way I imagined, if the AI is going to interject as and when it sees fit to prevent me from ever getting it just right? Kills the enjoyment because the little things mean I might as well not instruct them to do anything.

First FM game bought for a long time, and it'll likely be the last. On the back of the case, it says 'How will you manage?'

Dunno, how will you LET me manage? I'm only glad I had some store credit when I bought it so it only cost me about £7.

So, back to FM 2012? xD I'll join you.

12?! FM 06 was my last serious foray into the FM world. Put together a great tactic that I used successfully for three seasons by simply having a good enough team so that I didn't need to constantly alter it. Three SPL titles, two domestic trebles, one UEFA Cup and one Super Cup (H)

Basic 4-4-2 with the right players for the right positions. Imagine football working like that!! Crazy...

why my players keep ignoring player instructions ? especially FB/WB are the most frustrating of all, stay wider, close down much less, still they keep dragging them self to the center leaving the flank wide open for overlapping player, pass shorter but they consistently lobbing a wasteful long pass to a winger up front even though there are 1 or 2 player near them for short passing option

Playing As Valencia Against Villareal Who Go A Player Sent Off And Had 27 Shots On Goal And Somehow Managed To Not Score Really Frustrating Considering We Should Have Destroyed Them 4 or 5-0 Considering The Amount Of Shots

Told The Game Save Every Week Then I Got The Valencia And Then Some Strange Reason It Didn't Save And Then The Game Froze And Now I'm Back In March And Now I Have Wait For Another Club After Valencia Won Really Frustrated Because It Might Have Been A Great Game In The Making

Can't seem to find Savitskiy since the new patch came out and i have db at large. Anyone having the same problem?

What team instructions use those who complain of players not following their orders? Just curious, because in the few times I've seen a tactic thread or someone making a tactic I've often seen fluid or very fluid and never be more disciplined or keep in position. It makes me wonder if perhaps there's some of those who are not realizing they've told their players "all this I'm saying are guidelines you can do differently if you feel like it", because by default, unless you use the pertinent instructions, there's a degree of leeway granted. Or may be they have the instructions in place to tell their players "I'm a dictator and I want things done my way and I don't care what you think" and still they do whatever they please?.

Of course, there'd be expectation to some degree of obeyance, even in the most freedom given one's instructions would be expected to be used more than anything else; conversely, even if you are demanding them to do as you say, one can't expect them to never deviate, though then it should be rare.

Last edited:
Use this thread if y'all need to vent about whatever. Bugs (report them yo) or just general FM fuckery! Always a good laugh to read these after you've calmed down too!

(Try not to swear too much or abuse anyone..)

*Any general rage/rant threads will be merged in here so we don't clutter up the forums*

If you have any actual none rage feedback that you want more SI people bar me and Nick to see, go here: Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

If you have any bugs, please, for the sake of the children, put them here: Football Manager 2015 Pre-Release Beta Bugs Forum [This Forum is Closing]

I think it's scripted.
o.png

Back