FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
15.2.1 The rebound goals seemed to be in the 15.0.0 and I think 15.0.2 too, but since then I've not seen any more rebound goals than usual.

Unless you mean the frigging clearances into the back of another player, I've seen like four in less than twenty matches, last two in three matches.

Have 15.2.1. Still get loads of rebounded goals though. Normally from a far out free kick which the keeper just flaps at and the attacker gets on the end of it. Happens nearly every other game! Its annoying as there's not much, tactically, you can do to prevent it.

most of my goals against come from me being in attack and my players wait to shoot until the oppostion defence has come too close to my striker,
so the striker blasts the ball straight into the defender and they set off on a counter attack.
I'm screaming and my computer "shoot shoot shoooooooot!!" but nothing happens until its "too late".

Same thing when we try to cross as well, I dont have any settings for crosses because I genereally dont want them,
but my wingers always wait until they have been closed down to try and cross and do it straight into the opposition defence.

OH, and not to mention the back passes to my keeper from midfield, every ball is blasted back and to corner against.
and defenders never let the ball just roll or float out the pitch behind goal, they HAVE to get a touch to make it a corner!

They need an option of penalty takers in games or something my player on a hatrick missed a penalty and we almost drew 2-2. He had 11 penalty taking. That's not y I bothered sorting my takers out

They need an option of penalty takers in games or something my player on a hatrick missed a penalty and we almost drew 2-2. He had 11 penalty taking. That's not y I bothered sorting my takers out

Agreed, it seems every time a player has 2 goals, he takes the penalty if one is given. Why? I don't care about hattricks, and I'm the boss.

Trying to get David Templeton tied to a new contract but he's still in the huff because I sold Lee Wallace. Told him I'd be strengthening the squad and bought Sam Stanton, Billy King (two of the league's best young players), the very versatile Liam Craig and the not so special but versatile Daniel Galbraith for under a million. I've also just signed Gary Mackay-Steven on a pre contract agreement for peanuts (signing on and agent fee came to about £60k).

Who does he expect me to sign?! I did bid for Messi but, to my absolute horror, 100k rising to 600k wasn't enough. So I am trying....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Later edit: I don't know if this is a bug or not and if it has been reported before but here it goes. Whenever I have a player missing training for the first time I give him a warning and he accepts it. No problem there. But then he misses training again and now i fine him one weeks wage. He complains about the treatment and asks to speak to me about it . But when i press the "speak to" button , it goes to the conversation window but there is no option to speak about...it just says that the conversation has ended. Can anyone tell me if this is common or what?

Last edited:
Has anyone else encountered this annoying thing: whenever i play a bigger team and I take the lead, they score back a ****** goal to come back and then my team team falls apart like they haven't played football ever. I mean i know they have better players but it feels like the game is mocking me. I would not have anything against the fact, lets say they dominate the whole game against me and they score 5 goals. But it's not like that . I get the lead and then soon after one of my players makes a mistake like passing back to the keeper and it's intercepted... or the keeper takes a kick left side of the penalty box and although i have the instruction to distribute to the fullbacks...he hoofs it in the middle although the fullback is right there . Obviously the ball is intercepted and they score from 50 yards . And to top it of my keeper has 17 in kicking and he's not able to get the ball longer than 30 yards.ffs

Anyways good thing with this thread , i manage to vent out my rage and not brake the laptop in half :))

Has anyone else encountered this annoying thing: whenever i play a bigger team and I take the lead, they score back a ****** goal to come back and then my team team falls apart like they haven't played football ever. I mean i know they have better players but it feels like the game is mocking me. I would not have anything against the fact, lets say they dominate the whole game against me and they score 5 goals. But it's not like that . I get the lead and then soon after one of my players makes a mistake like passing back to the keeper and it's intercepted... or the keeper takes a kick left side of the penalty box and although i have the instruction to distribute to the fullbacks...he hoofs it in the middle although the fullback is right there . Obviously the ball is intercepted and they score from 50 yards . And to top it of my keeper has 17 in kicking and he's not able to get the ball longer than 30 yards.ffs

Anyways good thing with this thread , i manage to vent out my rage and not brake the laptop in half :))

If you look at football it's something it happens quite often: a weaker team is a giving a fight to a stronger team, even scores a goal, maybe the players from the stronger team depreciated the match but once they are loosing they react. It's precisely at this moment that your skills as manager are tested :-) you have to do something, touchline shouts, watch the match, what is the opponent doing to reverse the match. Stop trusting so much that the tactic will work and that you don't need to do nothing.

nah mate, my problem isn't that they beat me....i can do whatever tactic tweaks or what not....my players always make a silly mistake that allows them to score a ****** goal and then come back, and after they score my players don't seem to listen to anything i say, either through tactical tweaks or shouts. It happend to me a lot .

later edit

I've had it with this game ....players don't want to listen to their plaier instructions. It's a disgrace conceding a goal when your player does something completely random : They have a corner kick from my left side. My setup to defend includes fullbacks covering the posts , they cross the ball into the box , defence clears the ball straight through to the corner kick taker. No problem there, this happens every game multiple times so i've got used to this .I have a player that comes down and closes the other player and forces him back to his half, and my team goes up the field and leaves a couple their players on an off side position. Defending corners 1.1 . My problem comes when my rb decides to go sprint all the way to the player that still has the ball and is going back, instead of advancing the same as the defence. He has hold position ticked. He didn't have a special marking assingnment . He didn't have close down more ticked. By the time he makes it to the other player , the ball is passed in the center of the pitch. Easy to say that one of their strikers retreats in the gap and by the time my wide midfielder come in to cover the gap is too late...
What's up with that. And please don't say it's my tactic because is not....this is just rubbish . At the time i was playing on standard with structured.

Last edited:
So this happened, about 20 min into the first friendly. View attachment 780406 I don't seem to have quite the injuries that some people on here have but this one is a doozy.

ACL reconstruction is a *****, been there hated that, just ask K Strootman how he likes it. Have you ever watched Ronaldo (Phenomeno) cry when his tore? in Italy..

ACL reconstruction is a *****, been there hated that, just ask K Strootman how he likes it. Have you ever watched Ronaldo (Phenomeno) cry when his tore? in Italy..

One of the more horrid injuries, worst part is players know what it is as soon as it happens.

nah mate, my problem isn't that they beat me....i can do whatever tactic tweaks or what not....my players always make a silly mistake that allows them to score a ****** goal and then come back, and after they score my players don't seem to listen to anything i say, either through tactical tweaks or shouts. It happend to me a lot .

later edit

I've had it with this game ....players don't want to listen to their plaier instructions. It's a disgrace conceding a goal when your player does something completely random : They have a corner kick from my left side. My setup to defend includes fullbacks covering the posts , they cross the ball into the box , defence clears the ball straight through to the corner kick taker. No problem there, this happens every game multiple times so i've got used to this .I have a player that comes down and closes the other player and forces him back to his half, and my team goes up the field and leaves a couple their players on an off side position. Defending corners 1.1 . My problem comes when my rb decides to go sprint all the way to the player that still has the ball and is going back, instead of advancing the same as the defence. He has hold position ticked. He didn't have a special marking assingnment . He didn't have close down more ticked. By the time he makes it to the other player , the ball is passed in the center of the pitch. Easy to say that one of their strikers retreats in the gap and by the time my wide midfielder come in to cover the gap is too late...
What's up with that. And please don't say it's my tactic because is not....this is just rubbish . At the time i was playing on standard with structured.

It might be worth posting that at the bugs section at the SI forum.

One of the more horrid injuries, worst part is players know what it is as soon as it happens.

oh, no doubt, you'll even hear it snap most of the times. and you can feel it right away that something's majorly ******.
I think that's why Ronaldo cried as well, it hurts like a motherF but he wanted to get his career back, I think it was in Milan it happened.
Wayne Hennessey of Wolves did it twice just like Strootman did, except WH never got back into match fitness before it happened again.
Its the most annoying injury in FM as well, it really screws up a players career!

oh, no doubt, you'll even hear it snap most of the times. and you can feel it right away that something's majorly ******.
I think that's why Ronaldo cried as well, it hurts like a motherF but he wanted to get his career back, I think it was in Milan it happened.
Wayne Hennessey of Wolves did it twice just like Strootman did, except WH never got back into match fitness before it happened again.
Its the most annoying injury in FM as well, it really screws up a players career!

In terms of this save best player at the club and only 23 y/o add into that the club want to use home grown players, replacing him is difficult. Back in the real world I am a Sheffield Wednesday fan and it happened to one of our promising youngsters who scored 2 against Leeds, he's still getting back to match fitness now and missed over half a season of development plus a meaningful pre-season.

It's a shame I'm tee total, because FM15 makes for a great drinking game:

1. Every time you think to yourself 'FFS!! He's just standing there waiting to be dispossessed!', you down a shot.
2. Every time you're chasing a game, with the 'Overload' instruction, and your players pass the ball backwards, you down a shot.
3. Every time two or more of your players circle an opponent for what would appear to be no purpose, you down a shot.
4. Every time you give a team talk, immediately concede a goal, and are unable to give another one because it's not allowed, you down a shot.
5. Every time your assistant advises you of something, and you have no idea what else he expects you to do about it (for example, the guy who's being given too much space is already supposed to be specifically closed down), you down a shot.

whats with all the, "check out my formation, just give me youtube clicks" vids popping up

View attachment 297246
Fair enough, though the weakened team was more a necessity than a choice.
View attachment 297245
Cammy Bell, Ricky Foster, Steven Smith, Darren McGregor, Sam Stanton, Liam Craig, Fraser Aird and 14 goal Nicky Clark hardly constitutes a weakened team. Besides which, 2-0. You're welcome.

Nice to get back to this sh*t after a break...

View attachment 297176 View attachment 297174 View attachment 297173

This is complete BS. My defence played perfectly up to that one **** up. ME just wanted screw me over because my striker was shooting blanks and I was up by only one goal. There is no way that "pass" would have happened in any other situation:

[video=youtube;rv4sXgE7ajg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv4sXgE7ajg[/video]

Last edited:
Back