FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
The extreme reactions to player intsructions and actions is starting to do my head in. You just can't tell them to do antyhing without it resulting in a negative response. A few examples i can think of off the top of my head :-

Push higher up - Players take this to mean push up a bit, forget your a bit higher up the pitch play a back pass 20 yards short of the keeper that is just a through ball for the opposition striker to score
Close down more - Run at people like a headless chicken and give needless fouls away. Get sent off
Get stuck in - Give a penalty a game away. Get sent off
Stay on feet - Stand like a moron watching players run by like you're a statue. Still get sent off
Pass into space - Pass into the space behind your own defence and keeper for the opposition striker to score
Retain possession - Have 40% possession a game
Tighten up - Don't mark anyone. Especially in your own area
Drill crosses/float crosses - Never try anything else. Ever.

And heaven forbid if you fine a player for stupidly getting sent off. If he doesn't like it, you can wave goodbye to your team morale for the next 18 months...

Nothing seems to have a positive reaction, it just seems to lead to them ONLY doing the exact thing you said like they're robots and have no kind of common sense whatsoever.

Last edited:
The extreme reactions to player intsructions and actions is starting to do my head in. You just can't tell them to do antyhing without it resulting in a negative response. A few examples i can think of off the top of my head :-

Push higher up - Players take this to mean push up a bit, forget your a bit higher up the pitch play a back pass 20 yards short of the keeper that is just a through ball for the oppsotion striker to score
Close down more - Run at people like a headless chicken and give needless fouls away. Get sent off
Stay on feet - Stand like a moron watching players run by like you're a statue. Still get sent off
Pass into space - Pass into the space behind your own defence and keeper for the opposition striker to score

And heaven forbid if you fine a player for stupidly getting sent off. If he doesn't like it, you can wave goodbye to your team morale for the next 18 months...

Nothing seems to have a positive reaction, it just seems to lead to them ONLY doing the exact thing you said like they're robots and have no kind of common sense whatsoever.

You took the words right out of my mouth. I've had to abandon a high line/pressing style and tell my central defenders/midfielders to ease of tackles just because it's the only way to stop 1 or 2 of them getting sent off EVERY game.

Push higher up - Players take this to mean push up a bit, forget your a bit higher up the pitch play a back pass 20 yards short of the keeper that is just a through ball for the opposition striker to score

In the third match of my first season with Ajax, I had 7 yellow cards and 3 sending-offs. All because I had told my players to "Close Down More." -_-

A hopeless clearance by the opposition, lumped up to my goalkeeper... he then decides to rush off of his line, come out of his box and head the ball to their striker who is about 20 yards away to then get lobbed. Wouldn't any normal keeper, with no pressure from the attacker, allow the ball to enter the area and then pick it up? Nope, not on FM.

A hopeless clearance by the opposition, lumped up to my goalkeeper... he then decides to rush off of his line, come out of his box and head the ball to their striker who is about 20 yards away to then get lobbed. Wouldn't any normal keeper, with no pressure from the attacker, allow the ball to enter the area and then pick it up? Nope, not on FM.

It's called player mistake, something that happens in football

It's called player mistake, something that happens in football

You again? Not going to argue with you again... no it's not a player 'mistake'. It is a complete joke and misinterpretation of the match engine. An incident that would NEVER happen at the top end of professional football as there is simply no logic.
Just to end this here - This is a 'Post your frustrations' thread. Not a 'Reply to everyone even though they have no clue what's going on thread'. I don't respect nor do I want your opinion so dont reply to my posts again please.

I think he's allowed to respond to who and what ever he wants.. You dont have to respond to his responses tho!

I hear what ya say about the players not using their heads tho, my defense NEVER EVER just let the hopeless crosses just float out behind goal
they just MUST take a touch and not it back to corner even if they are standing on the dead line themselves!

And hopeless attempts from the corner flag supposed to be aimed at my goalie, goes behind the line for a corner before its even halfway to the goalie!

What happens to our team happens to the ai teams all the time, people never notice it though and only moan about things that happen to there own team. Anything stupid can happen in football and it does quite often so to me the game is fairly spot on with what happens in it, remember joe hart against Sweden, he cleared it with his head and then ibrahimovic scored from it, yet when that happens on fm 'the match engine is ******' think people need to be a bit more realistic and not just blame the game all the time

Will SI Games make another patch though? I mean seriously this game has been out for six months now and by reading through this thread the Match Engine or AI whatever just churns out random nonsense.

Last edited:
Will SI Games make another patch though? I mean seriously this game has been out for six months now and by reading through this thread the Match Engine or AI whatever just churns out random nonsense.
Firstly, SI stated that there are no plans for more updates. We always get 3 anyway and we've had 3 now, so that's fine.

Secondly, if you want useful opinions on the ME, you're in the wrong thread. ****, I'd even say that the only way to know is by playing yourself. The demo is up to date and free.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipRQ73nkN6E

yeah, even top goalkeepers do silly things, players play silly passes when not under pressure quite a lot, its just less forgiving when its a goalkeeper.

Last edited:
You again? Not going to argue with you again... no it's not a player 'mistake'. It is a complete joke and misinterpretation of the match engine. An incident that would NEVER happen at the top end of professional football as there is simply no logic.
Just to end this here - This is a 'Post your frustrations' thread. Not a 'Reply to everyone even though they have no clue what's going on thread'. I don't respect nor do I want your opinion so dont reply to my posts again please.

It's a forum, you know that right ? There will always be replies no matter people are right with their frustrations or wrong, like in your case. Google it and you'll find tons of videos with GK mistakes, so no ME issue, just a simple mistake.

I close Down more all the time and have one of the lowest cards total in the league.

Do you play with a high tempo? I have slowed down the tempo of my game and it seems to have lowered the card count quite drastically. I can only think that rather than rushing in when closing down more, they are just putting them under a bit more pressure

Do you play with a high tempo? I have slowed down the tempo of my game and it seems to have lowered the card count quite drastically. I can only think that rather than rushing in when closing down more, they are just putting them under a bit more pressure
Tempo only affects your team when you have the ball. In other words, it's an "in possession" instruction only.

Why has Diego Costa been downgraded on the new 15.3.0 winter update makes no sense. Sturridge and Rooney are better then him??? replying to his would be very helpful.

Must just be coincidence then
Probably, yes.

There may be other factors that caused it though? Players started to get more match fit, so they'd have a better condition throughout the game? Tactical Familiarity could have improved, especially w.r.t. closing down? Weather improved after a difficult December period?

Back