FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
im starting to get bored because every match goes the same way, even the leagues go the same way, 1 big club does ****, 1 big clubs seems to keep winning constantly and dominates, 1 ***** team gets into top 4/6, your players somehow hear that someone has "minor" interest and wants to leave, players play 5 games and want a new contract, yawn

What is with Managers at Big Clubs leaving to lesser clubs just because they are front runners? Chelsea just won the UCL in 2015 (I won PL, FA, and Europa League w/ Everton) and Mourinho then joins Inter just because they expressed interest. HE LEFT THE TEAM THAT JUST WON UCL TO INTER WHO FINISHED 7TH IN SERIE A.

This seriously needs to be fixed and it's not the only time, same save file, Pep left Bayern for Man Utd. I've also seen Ancelotti leave Real for Inter as well after a La Liga, Cup double (viable as Ancelotti is Italian) but the funniest was Laurent Blanc leaving PSG for Borussia Monchengladbach. And none of them were insecure job status.

Completely ruins the experience.

Rant over.

To be fair this does happen IRL. Mourinho left Chelsea after back to back league titles to join a struggling Inter...Pep Guardiola left the greatest team in football history, Barcelona. Moyes left United after great success with the club. Its strange but it does happen.

So I start the season Away at Everton. I win 3-5, with my new 30 mil Striker acquisition scoring a hat-trick in his debut. Get to my first home game against Arsenal, and he scores two in the first half. The game then crashes.

This is the point I remember that I hadn't saved since before Everton. ****.

So I replay, and draw 1-1 against Everton. New striker gets a 6.1 rating, and my starting left winger goes down with a 2 month injury. ****. But, c'est la vie, so I save and keep playing. Get into the Arsenal game, tied 1-1 at the half, and the game crashes again.

Am I just not meant to play this season?

Why do strikers only EVER score when they are off-side? And why are the AI so much more clinical when they have **** players. Nearly every game they manage to score from one shot on target.

How is this not offside??!!!!

View attachment 277510

Kasnakidis plays the ball forward after I've just had a corner to the striker on the halfway line. My last man is in the middle of their half. Striker gets the ball, runs forward and scores = goal given. What the ****??!

How is this not offside??!!!!

View attachment 829301

Kasnakidis plays the ball forward after I've just had a corner to the striker on the halfway line. My last man is in the middle of their half. Striker gets the ball, runs forward and scores = goal given. What the ****??!
Lol. You can't be given offside in your own half.

Haha, **** oh yeah. Guess the fact that i was already losing by 4 had already made me pretty raging!

Just got promoted to the Prem with wigan. Delort had a 40 goal season. While still in the championship I promised him if Nottingham Forest made a bid I would accept ( they were already in the Prem so I wouldnt stand in his way) But come the start of preseason before my first prem campaign and Everton bid. I reject as he has no reason to leave now that we got promoted.

Now he's mad because he says I broke my promise to him!!! I promised to accept a bid from FOREST NOT EVERTON!!! So I told him he is going nowhere, and I am now working in getting his morale up before the season

The endless, endless wait when your striker is injured and you're waiting for the automatic substitution screen to pop up. Or the stupid way in which you cannot substitute him yourself but have to wait for the AI to catch up and ask you whether you'd want to substitute your striker.

Worse, your ***. man says hey, so and so is injured, better substitute, you do and then it takes ten minutes or longer to actually get him substituted.

Or waiting for a free kick. Or spending a couple of minutes game time watching an injuried or substituted player walk off.

Notice a pattern?

Yep, people with broken legs walk very slowly. FM should add stretchers, damnit. XD

Yeah, I agree, when a highlight starts after an injury it takes quite a bit of time to get to the action, which is annoying indeed.

I'm not really a forum guy and tend to just hang around, however I needed to make an account just to post this gripe.

I have been reading up a few articles on pressing, counterpressing in particular, trying to find a way to implement it in fm15 successfully. After some tweaking of my current tactic (as I didn't want to lose fluidity and my tactic suited the style anyways), I found a system that was quite successful.

Feeling quite happy with myself, I decided to proceed with the first game of the season, against Zwolle. Things are going well, my team is dominating quite aggressively and before long I get my first extremely CCC.

Given the aggressive nature of my pressing tactic, Zivkovic is able to close down a defender (with my boys blocking all other passing routes) tackle him hard and win the ball in a dangerous position in the upper midfield area. Zivkovic uses his pace to put some distance between him and the quaking defender, now its only goalie to beat. Perfect opportunity, just the sort of play I imagined while setting it all up! But wait, guess where he puts it? That's right, straight into the arms of the goalie...sigh...I guess his 14 finishing and 13 composure wasn't nearly enough to beat a keeper of the caliber of the legendary Warner Hahn.

Fair enough, I say, these things happen in football. I return from my previous occupation of punching the wall repeatedly to monitoring the game, but fm wasn't done with me just yet. Just a few game minutes after that incident Zwolle get their first attacking movement in a game I had been dominating. Tomas Necid has the ball, however he can't find anyone to pass to as I'm marking them all quite tightly. Seeing he's being aggressively closed down, Necid proceeds to call on his word class long shots of 10 and finishing of 13 to score a beautiful 25 yard stunner which gave the keeper no chance on its way in to the top corner perfectly placed, due to his incredible 9 technique. Needless to say, the computer once again suffered the ultimate consequences for fm's crimes.

Now the problem is that scenarios like this are quite common in fm, which makes me wonder what more the game wants from me. I just took time out of my day to sit down and read on some fm articles, as well as some football articles all because I'm excited about recreating a certain style of play in fm, and winning with it. However, it seems like scoring goals comes from when fm decides you should score, and not because your tactic created a good CCC. IMO, it takes the satisfaction out of winning. I actually went on to win that game 2-1, with a corner goal, and freekick rebound, but it wasn't at all a satisfying win. Had I scored that initial CCC, as well as others I worked hard to create, it would have been a lot more satisfying.

Anyways, rant over and apologies for the text wall. Just needed to get this whole gripe of my chest. :)

I'm not really a forum guy and tend to just hang around, however I needed to make an account just to post this gripe.

I have been reading up a few articles on pressing, counterpressing in particular, trying to find a way to implement it in fm15 successfully. After some tweaking of my current tactic (as I didn't want to lose fluidity and my tactic suited the style anyways), I found a system that was quite successful.

Feeling quite happy with myself, I decided to proceed with the first game of the season, against Zwolle. Things are going well, my team is dominating quite aggressively and before long I get my first extremely CCC.

Given the aggressive nature of my pressing tactic, Zivkovic is able to close down a defender (with my boys blocking all other passing routes) tackle him hard and win the ball in a dangerous position in the upper midfield area. Zivkovic uses his pace to put some distance between him and the quaking defender, now its only goalie to beat. Perfect opportunity, just the sort of play I imagined while setting it all up! But wait, guess where he puts it? That's right, straight into the arms of the goalie...sigh...I guess his 14 finishing and 13 composure wasn't nearly enough to beat a keeper of the caliber of the legendary Warner Hahn.

Fair enough, I say, these things happen in football. I return from my previous occupation of punching the wall repeatedly to monitoring the game, but fm wasn't done with me just yet. Just a few game minutes after that incident Zwolle get their first attacking movement in a game I had been dominating. Tomas Necid has the ball, however he can't find anyone to pass to as I'm marking them all quite tightly. Seeing he's being aggressively closed down, Necid proceeds to call on his word class long shots of 10 and finishing of 13 to score a beautiful 25 yard stunner which gave the keeper no chance on its way in to the top corner perfectly placed, due to his incredible 9 technique. Needless to say, the computer once again suffered the ultimate consequences for fm's crimes.

Now the problem is that scenarios like this are quite common in fm, which makes me wonder what more the game wants from me. I just took time out of my day to sit down and read on some fm articles, as well as some football articles all because I'm excited about recreating a certain style of play in fm, and winning with it. However, it seems like scoring goals comes from when fm decides you should score, and not because your tactic created a good CCC. IMO, it takes the satisfaction out of winning. I actually went on to win that game 2-1, with a corner goal, and freekick rebound, but it wasn't at all a satisfying win. Had I scored that initial CCC, as well as others I worked hard to create, it would have been a lot more satisfying.

Anyways, rant over and apologies for the text wall. Just needed to get this whole gripe of my chest. :)
You might find this informative: strikerless.com/2015/02/24/finishin...-my-forward-finishing-like-torres-at-chelsea/

The small pauses prior to certain key moments. Before tackles, usually last ditch ones, saves and goals (with a couple off target shots). Despite having quite a good PC. They don't always happen, and obviously happen during plays for either team just the same. But it's annoying, because it spoils what's about to come. It happens some 2-5 seconds before the action.

The spam now all over the discussion board looooool

On a more FM-related note, not had any real frustrations bar I preferred the white automatic skin in previous FMs and my OP corner tactic is no longer OP D:

Ok So My Created Player Is At Blackburn After Starting Out With Hull Then Joining North Ferriby Wrexham Barnet And Scunthorpe All On Loan Then I Joined Rotherham So The Blackburn Manager Decides To Withdraw Me From The Jamaica Squad (My Player Was Eligible For England But Was Capped When He Was 25) Which I Find Frustrating Because A)He Seems To Be On The Bench 90% Of The Time B)Due To The Fact Jamaica Isn't Exactly Considered A Nation Known For Qualifying For Major Tournaments

Seeing that changes that should have no relation whatsoever with other databases render a database incompatible, making it impossible by other way that luck to spot what is causing incompatibilities. And that some incompatibilities that could be solved before with notepad now can't be, making a database one had worked for three months unusable by some people who wanted to use it or making another database in which someone else spent I don't know how long but sure not small work to be unusable with mine, so people can't enjoy and benefit from that work and so making it worthwhile. GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRGH!!!!

The amount of shots blocked from the goalline is ******* ridiculous. This changed I while ago with some update but attacking teams players can no longer place their shots at all while being inches from the goalline. And the defending teams players are some sort of "shadow goalies" who stop the shots better than the actual goalie and by only using only feet and body. I'm getting really tired that SI always seems to take the easiest way when they are trying to reduce the scoring!

EDIT.

And then there's this:
[video=youtube;FUCKhtnk-kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUCKhtnk-kI&hd=1[/video]

When are we going to see tackling in this ******* game. Most of the time it's like the players are playing some sort of touch football. Propably too much to ask that SI start concentrating in making the defending look at least somewhat realistic and even half-decent defender behaviour.

Last edited:
Just took over an ageing Real Madrid team that are nearly bankrupt, are paying 36 year olds 300k per week and struggling in the league. I let the likes of Bale, Modric, Carvajal and Kroos all go to spare up some funds as theyre too old and too expensive.

Then, 2 players come to me to say they are unhappy that i've sold so many players. I promise them that I would strengthen in the window. By the end of the window i've signed 10 first team players worth £132m and yep, you guessed it. Promise broken. Didn't improve the squad.

Also, the players I bought in weren't poor players either, some of the best in fact. Player interaction in this year's game is laughable and I'm amazed it was never fixed in the patch.

Back