FM15 Post your Frustrations/Raaaage

• Thread starter Thread starter Dunc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 537K
And then there's this:
[video=youtube;FUCKhtnk-kI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUCKhtnk-kI&hd=1[/video]

When are we going to see tackling in this ******* game. Most of the time it's like the players are playing some sort of touch football. Propably too much to ask that SI start concentrating in making the defending look at least somewhat realistic and even half-decent defender behaviour.
The **** is wrong with that video?

Just took over an ageing Real Madrid team that are nearly bankrupt, are paying 36 year olds 300k per week and struggling in the league. I let the likes of Bale, Modric, Carvajal and Kroos all go to spare up some funds as theyre too old and too expensive.

Then, 2 players come to me to say they are unhappy that i've sold so many players. I promise them that I would strengthen in the window. By the end of the window i've signed 10 first team players worth £132m and yep, you guessed it. Promise broken. Didn't improve the squad.

Also, the players I bought in weren't poor players either, some of the best in fact. Player interaction in this year's game is laughable and I'm amazed it was never fixed in the patch.
If you promised to strengthen the squad, as in bring in better players, the players you brought in has to have a better CA than the ones going out. Did you do that?

If you promised to strengthen the squad, as in bring in better players, the players you brought in has to have a better CA than the ones going out. Did you do that?

I'm not sure in terms of CA numbers but the players I bought in (at least 4-5 of them) are considered key members of the squad by my assistant and deemed 'quality players'.
Perhaps that is the issue, and that's understandable but not when there is a 36 year old Modric, 33 year old Bale, 30 year old Carvajal and 32 year old Kroos all on 300k+ per week.

Personally, i'd like to think I have improved the squad, whilst also reducing the wage bill and average age of the team. Also, something I didn't originally state was that there were actually 3 players that came to me to demand the squad being improved. Two of them weren't satisfied with the additions (breaking the promise) whilst the third was happy so i'm not sure...

I'm not sure in terms of CA numbers but the players I bought in (at least 4-5 of them) are considered key members of the squad by my assistant and deemed 'quality players'.
Perhaps that is the issue, and that's understandable but not when there is a 36 year old Modric, 33 year old Bale, 30 year old Carvajal and 32 year old Kroos all on 300k+ per week.

Personally, i'd like to think I have improved the squad, whilst also reducing the wage bill and average age of the team. Also, something I didn't originally state was that there were actually 3 players that came to me to demand the squad being improved. Two of them weren't satisfied with the additions (breaking the promise) whilst the third was happy so i'm not sure...
Presumably you improved on one or two of the signings, but not all. So the players the 2 members of your squad were concerned about, were replaced with better players. On the other hand, the third member of your squad (complaining about a different player being sold) didn't get his wish of you buying a better player.

Unfortunately, these players will have to better in CA only. That's the only factor here. It's a little basic, I guess, but that's how it works.

after winning over 8 trophies in 2 seasons lorenzo insigne decides he wants to leave because of his need for silverware..... dafuq??

And to make matters worse he wouldnt sign a new contract so i lost him on a free to athletico madrid that ****** me off.... replaced him with depay now though and knocked athletico out the champs league :)

Last edited:
Okay I've been playing this game since Champ Manager 3. I really can't believe all the 'this game is broken', 'this game is scripted' allegations that I see on here all the time.

Am I really that lucky that I have not encountered anything in the game in all my years that has made it unplayable or a chore? Or are some people just really taking it way too seriously and blaming poor performances on things that are outside of their control?

Im not trying to start a row, but I always put a decent amount of time into what I'm doing when I do get to play the game and never seem to have any issues. and that does not mean I win the league every year, it means I have no reason to complain. ****, I once went two copies of the game without winning the top league and I kept coming back.

Just relax and enjoy it. it really is one of those games that you get out of it what you put in.

Okay I've been playing this game since Champ Manager 3. I really can't believe all the 'this game is broken', 'this game is scripted' allegations that I see on here all the time.

Am I really that lucky that I have not encountered anything in the game in all my years that has made it unplayable or a chore? Or are some people just really taking it way too seriously and blaming poor performances on things that are outside of their control?

Im not trying to start a row, but I always put a decent amount of time into what I'm doing when I do get to play the game and never seem to have any issues. and that does not mean I win the league every year, it means I have no reason to complain. ****, I once went two copies of the game without winning the top league and I kept coming back.

Just relax and enjoy it. it really is one of those games that you get out of it what you put in.

How much did SI pay you to say this?!

​Keke

How much did SI pay you to say this?!

​Keke

And there lies the problem. People are only happy when they are giving out, regardless of how much enjoyment they get out of something. Is it tiring being so cynical no?

Huh? I don't get all this aggro towards people having a gripe about this game. This game seems to have taken all control you had over a tactic, which made this game fun. You can play the same game 5x over with EXACTLY the same tactic, team talk bla bla and you get SUCH random outcomes. Stop with all the, 'that can happen in real life' ****. There are SO many more factors that contribute to real life but this is a GAME!!! What is the point of a game about TACTICS where the tactic isn't AT ALL consistent.

Whether the 5 results (against the same team/tactic) should mean you're beaten consistently or win consistently and the results and stats of that game should add up. This doesn't and that's my frustration.

I might **** some of you off here, but I'm beginning to get annoyed with how much I keep winning, well not annoyed, just a bit bored.

Won all 7 trophies with Liverpool so moved to Dortmund for the challange of beating Bayern to the title, 16 games in, 15 won, 1 drawn.... And no I haven't downloaded a tactic!

Huh? I don't get all this aggro towards people having a gripe about this game.
Ah, but the "aggro" as you call it is because people are just plain wrong. They go nuts in this thread over things they wrongly believe.

Case in point:

This game seems to have taken all control you had over a tactic, which made this game fun. You can play the same game 5x over with EXACTLY the same tactic, team talk bla bla and you get SUCH random outcomes. Stop with all the, 'that can happen in real life' ****. There are SO many more factors that contribute to real life but this is a GAME!!! What is the point of a game about TACTICS where the tactic isn't AT ALL consistent.

Whether the 5 results (against the same team/tactic) should mean you're beaten consistently or win consistently and the results and stats of that game should add up. This doesn't and that's my frustration.
I went back to the last really odd result. Hull 1 - 0 Liverpool. If Hull replayed that game over and over with the same tactics, would it be the same result? No. Different things would happen and more often than not Liverpool would do much better.

One example, but replace those two teams with any other. Players aren't robots. They're simulated as being human. Your tactics attempt to "control" them, but ultimately it's up to them to interpret it and play.

I know if I send my Ajax side out, I'll win (probably) 8 times out of 10 - against anyone. My players and my tactic is that solid. However, I make changes during the game based on what I see. I also make changes if I go behind. These are all needed changes. With that, my record is this: View attachment 273524

Good tactics are consistent. **** tactics just aren't. If I replay the games where I drew, I'm sure I would have won. They just got lucky or my player made 1 mistake etc etc.

If my world class striker is missing chances he should bury, I won't act like a 5 year old, blame the game and come post here. I'd make changes. Subbing him off, most likely. I've done that in the past and the striker coming on scored almost instantly because he was focused and motivated.

Just because you may not understand all the intricacies of the game, doesn't make it the game's fault if you lose.

Oh, and it goes (almost) without saying, don't replay games. Take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. I won the CL last season. This season I was knocked out by my bogey team - Juventus. I just cannot beat them over 2 legs. Frustrating, but hey, it happens.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't reload at all to get the league table looking like that. I got knocked out of the CL knockout rounds by Juve, so the team isn't perfect. :(

Won the CL last season though. ;)

Last edited:

WJ's answer is correct, on the other hand the system is currently a bit too basic, so understandble frustrations. Something that is being looked at in FM16 (not as easy as it sounds, adding subjectivity is very difficult)

WJ's answer is correct, on the other hand the system is currently a bit too basic, so understandble frustrations. Something that is being looked at in FM16 (not as easy as it sounds, adding subjectivity is very difficult)
I'd agree with that. It's a little too rigid. If it does stay fairly rigid, you at least need more string options to explain yourself.

For example, I (and I'm sure I'm not alone) tend to see buying a player roughly equal to the one that left, but with a lot of potential still. So while we haven't exactly strengthened right now, the player is at least roughly the same quality and we're looking good for the future as well.

Ah, but the "aggro" as you call it is because people are just plain wrong. They go nuts in this thread over things they wrongly believe.

Case in point:

I went back to the last really odd result. Hull 1 - 0 Liverpool. If Hull replayed that game over and over with the same tactics, would it be the same result? No. Different things would happen and more often than not Liverpool would do much better.

One example, but replace those two teams with any other. Players aren't robots. They're simulated as being human. Your tactics attempt to "control" them, but ultimately it's up to them to interpret it and play.

I know if I send my Ajax side out, I'll win (probably) 8 times out of 10 - against anyone. My players and my tactic is that solid. However, I make changes during the game based on what I see. I also make changes if I go behind. These are all needed changes. With that, my record is this: View attachment 838743

Good tactics are consistent. **** tactics just aren't. If I replay the games where I drew, I'm sure I would have won. They just got lucky or my player made 1 mistake etc etc.

If my world class striker is missing chances he should bury, I won't act like a 5 year old, blame the game and come post here. I'd make changes. Subbing him off, most likely. I've done that in the past and the striker coming on scored almost instantly because he was focused and motivated.

Just because you may not understand all the intricacies of the game, doesn't make it the game's fault if you lose.

Oh, and it goes (almost) without saying, don't replay games. Take it on the chin, learn from it and move on. I won the CL last season. This season I was knocked out by my bogey team - Juventus. I just cannot beat them over 2 legs. Frustrating, but hey, it happens.

Edit: Oh, and I didn't reload at all to get the league table looking like that. I got knocked out of the CL knockout rounds by Juve, so the team isn't perfect. :(

Won the CL last season though. ;)

The point is how can you learn from it as you say? If it's that random then where is the learning point? You tweak the tactic and it doesn't solve it...THIS is my point. It's a GAME about TACTICS...there has to be SOME consistency, no? I've played as Spurs away against Man Utd about 50 times now with different tactics and beaten them like 5 times...The stats for the game haven't been consistent with the tactics I've used and so what do I learn from that and what's real about that? Unless you say EVERY tactic on this forum is '****' then what's the point in people sharing tactics with this game?

If you're SO great at this thing and everyone else is '****' as you say, then make me a tactic that gets a consistent result away against Man Utd playing as Spurs. That should be achievable, no?

The point is how can you learn from it as you say? If it's that random then where is the learning point? You tweak the tactic and it doesn't solve it...THIS is my point. It's a GAME about TACTICS...there has to be SOME consistency, no? I've played as Spurs away against Man Utd about 50 times now with different tactics and beaten them like 5 times...The stats for the game haven't been consistent with the tactics I've used and so what do I learn from that and what's real about that? Unless you say EVERY tactic on this forum is '****' then what's the point in people sharing tactics with this game?

If you're SO great at this thing and everyone else is '****' as you say, then make me a tactic that gets a consistent result away against Man Utd playing as Spurs. That should be achievable, no?

It's not that random, he never said it was that random. There often isn't much point in sharing tactics if you dont understand how and why that person has made it and how it links with the players they have and the choices they make, that's why those who know the game the best talk about the concepts of their approach far more than anything else.

He's also not said he's great and everyone is ****. If you really want to learn, cut out the hostile attitude, and actually listen to what he says (not picking out parts in a way you want to hear it), or head over to the SI forum and have a look at the stuff by Cleon, The Hand of God, wwfan etc.

As an aside, I could probably create a set up that could be capable of winning against United (playing on the counter most likely). But what would you learn?

Also it's not just a game about tactics, neither is football just a game about tactics. The players are not robots they will still make their own decisions on the pitch, what you do is try and give them the best framework possible, and the best man management possible.

It's not that random, he never said it was that random. There often isn't much point in sharing tactics if you dont understand how and why that person has made it and how it links with the players they have and the choices they make, that's why those who know the game the best talk about the concepts of their approach far more than anything else.

He's also not said he's great and everyone is ****. If you really want to learn, cut out the hostile attitude, and actually listen to what he says (not picking out parts in a way you want to hear it), or head over to the SI forum and have a look at the stuff by Cleon, The Hand of God, wwfan etc.

As an aside, I could probably create a set up that could be capable of winning against United (playing on the counter most likely). But what would you learn?

Excuse me? Where am I being hostile? A quote from him, "Good tactics are consistent. **** tactics just aren't. If I replay the games where I drew, I'm sure I would have won. They just got lucky or my player made 1 mistake etc etc." I'm pointing out that every tactic on this forum can't be ****. I'm merely saying that a tactic in itself should have consistent factors - such as defensively solid or potent in attack...It of course matters if you replay a game 5 times and there's no consistent factor about the same tactic replayed, with the same morale etc. I feel that's a legitimate reason to be frustrated and that was the point of my original post. People have frustrations about that and they get accused at being **** at the game?

I appreciate that some people will moan at the smallest thing but the consistency of this edition I feel is a reason for frustration. If you don't agree then that's fine but it doesn't make someone '****' at the game if you can't create consistency

It's not random?

There IS consistency. My God, did you not see the screenshot? How much more consistent than that do you want?

**** tactics are not consistent. Good ones are, but even then things won't always go your way. ****, it happens IRL too.

It's a SIMULATION about FOOTBALL MANAGEMENT, not just tactics.

How can you learn?

1 - Starting line ups. I win a lot of my games before the kick off - picking the right players for the job. Pay attention to the likely match ups.

2 - Watch the games. Not Key highlights. Not even Extended. At the very least, Comprehensive. Pay attention to the players who find space in their team. Pay attention to the players who aren't in yours. Pay attention to the players you have who do find space and what options they have then. Pay attention to both D-Lines. Is yours too high; too low? Is theirs high and vulnerable to through balls? Deep, needing your forward players to pull them apart before a midfielder breaks through?

In short, there's a lot you can do, but watching the games and paying attention is so important. I've said it here and on SI - a lot of what I know came from just watching matches. I watched full matches and a lot of them. I didn't progress as fast as everyone else, but I learned to the point where I now understand tactics in general so I can get away with watching less.

----

I'm not saying "I'm great" and "everyone else is ****". I'm saying you're blaming the game when it isn't the game. I could probably beat them though. What I won't do is "make you a tactic", because that's stupid. I don't know your squad and their attributes. I don't know how you've handled them through team talks and press conferences up to now. I don't know the United line up, formation or anything else about them. You want me to just randomly give you a "super" tactic? Not gonna happen. There's a downloads section for **** like that.

Also, I'm not sure you well you're doing but United are a good team. They're at home. They will be strong. Why are you so hung up on winning? Take whatever happens and move on. Even a draw is a good result. If you lose though, so what?

Tell you what - if you post the PKM and screenshot of the tactic for the match (or matches), I'll (or anyone else) can take a look and analyse it for you.

Even better, if you upload the save, I can take a look directly at the situation you're facing right before the United game.

Back