FM19 Tactics by TFF

May it be related to the league that we play? I was playing with Genk in Belgian League, won the league coming from behind 14 points(I signed with them at mid season). After being champions, I resigned and signed with AZ in Dutch League, transfered better players than I had at Genk. But same tactic didn't perform better, even similar at AZ. I even couldn't win against teams at bottom. Shoots were not hitting targets, I am telling ,again, I had better players for the tactic. My both careers, Genk and AZ, were played at same patch, latest update.

Now, I resigned from AZ and trying to find a team at different league to test the tactic in order to see if it is sth related to league or tactic.

Hi everybody

I'm going to start a new save with Fiorentina

I wonder what would be the best starting eleven for Gladiator/Conqueror tactic?

Benassi has got "Runs with ball rarely" as PPM. Is it better to unteach to him.

Last edited:
May it be related to the league that we play? I was playing with Genk in Belgian League, won the league coming from behind 14 points(I signed with them at mid season). After being champions, I resigned and signed with AZ in Dutch League, transfered better players than I had at Genk. But same tactic didn't perform better, even similar at AZ. I even couldn't win against teams at bottom. Shoots were not hitting targets, I am telling ,again, I had better players for the tactic. My both careers, Genk and AZ, were played at same patch, latest update.

Now, I resigned from AZ and trying to find a team at different league to test the tactic in order to see if it is sth related to league or tactic.

The difficulty of a league depends on the quality of the AI managers that play in this league.

The reputation of the league is a good indicator of the difficulty of playing in it.

The lower reputation of a league, the less difficulty of playing in it.

The higher reputation of a league, the higher difficulty of playing in it.

Let’s say you play in some low reputation league such as National League or even lower and let’s say you use an average tactic(nothing special) and you, also, manage a weak team and in this case despite all that you still have got a very good chance of wining the league or at least get the promotion.

Now imagine, you use the same average tactic and also manage a weak team but this time you play in some high reputation league such as English Premier league and in this case your chance of winning the league is extremely small, I’d say it’s almost zero.

The logic behind this is very simple, obviously, it much easier to play against low qualified AI managers then against high qualified AI managers, speaking other words, it’s much easier to play against some unknow AI manager in some low reputation league then against such AI managers as Pep Guardiola, Zinedine Zidane, Jurgen Klop and other.

The conclusion from the above is that you can't compare your results when you played in different leagues and when managed different teams, also, the higher reputation of a league, the higher difficult of playing in it.

What edited in post 1 TFF?

I just formatted the text a bit... nothing important

Hi everybody

I'm going to start a new save with Fiorentina

I wonder what would be the best starting eleven for Gladiator/Conqueror tactic?

Benassi has got "Runs with ball rarely" as PPM. Is it better to unteach to him.

My experience tells me that it’s extremely difficult to unteach PPMs and most of time it’s just waste of time so I wouldn't try to do that...

Last edited:
New to the forum guys but been following the tactics for quite a while! Top work TFF, just a quick one, Gladiator is working for me but what do you recommend I change mentality to when playing a much stronger team away from home?

New to the forum guys but been following the tactics for quite a while! Top work TFF, just a quick one, Gladiator is working for me but what do you recommend I change mentality to when playing a much stronger team away from home?

Hi,

I don't suggest doing that

Hi, I don't really want to change anything but always seem to get beat comfortably away from home against bigger sides. Any suggestions?

Hey,

If you'd ask me then I find that the Gladiator / Conqueror set gives you highest probability of getting a win in FM19 than anything else and that probability depends on the quality of your players and the quality of the opposition players / AI manager.

Please notice that the probability of getting a win with Gladiator / Conqueror set isn't always 100% and it might be 20%, 30%, 40% or any other number and as I said that number depends on many factors such as the quality of your players and the quality of the opposition players but anyway as I said I find that the Gladiator / Conqueror set gives you the highest probably of getting a win in FM19 than anything else but it is not always 100% and it's sad... I know ;) ... I also want to have 100% probability of wining matches but unfortunately, something like that is only possible with "cheating" in FM19. ;)

Last edited:
just started a new save with A. Madrid, I want to use Saul and Koke as my B2B and DM for the gladiator tactic. Out of the 2 who would you put in the DM position? Both doesn't seem to play well in that position.

just started a new save with A. Madrid, I want to use Saul and Koke as my B2B and DM for the gladiator tactic. Out of the 2 who would you put in the DM position? Both doesn't seem to play well in that position.

They both should do great at the B2B and DM positions but I suggest playing Saul at DM and Koke at B2B

TFF, normally I lurk everywhere but I just had to come in and post how wonderful Conqueror is. I'm playing with my beloved Man Utd (yes I know) and I absolutely brained it in my first season. Got the quadruple. Only major incoming was Sancho and De Ligt. Lingard is a beast retrained at ML and Lukaku was top scorer. Many multiple goal games.

I have one question with the training however. You say in OP that ML should be trained as inverted Winger (Support) yet the actual position in the tactic is Winger (Support), also you say the forwards to train as Complete Forwards (Att) but play as Advanced Forward (Att). Are these differences correct?

Also, to anyone saying the update changed things, not on mine it didn't. I played 75% on the new version. I did notice ALOT more own goals though. Not just in games I played, all over the world. Not that I had any mind you.

Great work TFF, love these tactics a lot.

Klattsy
(Australia)

They both should do great at the B2B and DM positions but I suggest playing Saul at DM and Koke at B2B

How would you rate a midfield like this:

GLADIATOR:

Gnabry-----------------Havertz-----------Draxler

------------------------- Arne Maier-------------------------

SHIELD WALL:

Gnabry--------------Sergi Gomez------Havertz----------Draxler

--------------------------Arne Maier-- --------------------------------

Hertha Berlin is my team. I also got players like Patrick Roberts, Dahoud and Shaqiri to choose between. Any suggestions for the best combination?

How would you rate a midfield like this:

GLADIATOR:

Gnabry-----------------Havertz-----------Draxler

------------------------- Arne Maier-------------------------

SHIELD WALL:

--------------------------Arne Maier-- --------------------------------

Hertha Berlin is my team. I also got players like Patrick Roberts, Dahoud and Shaqiri to choose between. Any suggestions for the best combination?

Havertz and Sergi Gomez have got a high "Potential Ability" (about PA165+) and if they reach their PA then they fit well for the B2B role but at the beginning of the first season they fit poorly into the B2B role due a very weak defensive skills and their CA is allocated heavily towards the attacking skills which isn't good for the B2B role in Gladiator and Conqueror tactics because you want have a player with balanced attacking and defensive skills at this position.

Arne Maier also has got a high "Potential Ability" and if he reaches his PA then he fit well the B2B role but at the beginning of the first season his defensive skills a bit low.

So anyway if I've got them then I would play Sergi Gomez and Havertz as B2B and Arne Maier as DM

Gnabry and Draxler are equally good at both sides.

Great work TFF, love these tactics a lot.

Hey,

I'm glad to hear that the tactic works good for you

I have one question with the training however. You say in OP that ML should be trained as inverted Winger (Support) yet the actual position in the tactic is Winger (Support), also you say the forwards to train as Complete Forwards (Att) but play as Advanced Forward (Att). Are these differences correct?

Yes, those are correct

What is the training for the CM in GLADIADOR V1? Thank you.

it can be found at the OP... Deep Lying Playmaker ( Defend )

Last edited:
Hi TFF.

I'm starting a new save with Arsenal. Which tactic should I use, also do you advise any good signings for season 1?

I'm moving from fm17, so any tips for fm19 would be great!

Thanks

Help

Guys,

Just me having a lot of offside goals with throw in exploit?

What can i do to solve this?

Tks

Back