FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hey guys,

So I decided to re-run my Hull save making different signings and generally testing the patch that is causing mixed results for some. However this time I choose to stick with just one of the tactics right the way through. Gladiator V1, you'll see that I have Conqueror V7 also loaded in my second tactic slot but it was not used.

As for training of the players all of TFF's fantastic OP were followed.
Team talks seem to play a big part now as do shouts during the match. I found keeping the team motivated and not being over critical unless they were really doing badly at half time helped alot, even managed to turn a few games in my favour with that. So they do play a role, I only watch Key highlights however, I find it's enough for me to figure out what's going on with the team.

Some players didn't gel at all for whatever reason and others shone, and some really took a long while to get going, but with a virtually nil transfer/wage budget at the beginning of the season I was able to give players an extended chance in the team and it started to click. So sadly patience is pretty important with some of them. However Xadas was my big purchase at the beginning as you can see.

Loved the fact as well both of my strikers did score quite a few goals.

Didn't win a major cup, FA, EFL anything like that, but caused some nice upsets. However my league form has been amazing, I haven't lost a game yet, the season is not quite over yet but it is technically after I secured promotion and have been crowned the division champions. Have a look below at the screenshots. I hope you guys can see these okay. If you'd like to see any of the other players in my team let me know and I'll get a screenshot uploaded for you.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 14230View attachment 14229View attachment 14228View attachment 14227View attachment 14226View attachment 14225View attachment 14224View attachment 14223View attachment 14222View attachment 14221View attachment 14220

So this is the table at the end of the season. No big cups as I said, but we seriously overachieved.
View attachment 14198

And here the player ratings for the team at the end of our final match against Bristol City. Xadas is progressing well now he's become a natural ML, Bowen is doing well too but not quite a natural ML yet.
View attachment 14197

Now to build us up for a tough Premiership campaign ahead. Lots of positions to improve now, Strikers is a must (Maybe going for Neal Maupay not decided yet)
Generally improve the spine of the team as much as I can...and GK. See how we do with out budget currently 39mil. (Max Aarons I've bid for, considering David Raya or Pedrag Rajkovic for GK)

Last edited:
V19.3.4
I just want to put it out here that i feel Conqueror v7 is the most OverPowered out of the rest.

If you are having trouble, try and play with the settings for when possession is won/lost. I prefer my "When possession is won" to be "Hold Shape" rather than "Counter" as i don't want my team to be aimlessly kicking the ball to space just to try for a chance at counter.

If TFF is ok with me sharing it then I will. I cannot promise that it will work as well as it has for me as I do have a very good side.

Hey guys,

So I decided to re-run my Hull save making different signings and generally testing the patch that is causing mixed results for some. However this time I choose to stick with just one of the tactics right the way through. Gladiator V1, you'll see that I have Conqueror V7 also loaded in my second tactic slot but it was not used.

As for training of the players all of TFF's fantastic OP were followed.
Team talks seem to play a big part now as do shouts during the match. I found keeping the team motivated and not being over critical unless they were really doing badly at half time helped alot, even managed to turn a few games in my favour with that. So they do play a role, I only watch Key highlights however, I find it's enough for me to figure out what's going on with the team.

Some players didn't gel at all for whatever reason and others shone, and some really took a long while to get going, but with a virtually nil transfer/wage budget at the beginning of the season I was able to give players an extended chance in the team and it started to click. So sadly patience is pretty important with some of them. However Xadas was my big purchase at the beginning as you can see.

Loved the fact as well both of my strikers did score quite a few goals.

Didn't win a major cup, FA, EFL anything like that, but caused some nice upsets. However my league form has been amazing, I haven't lost a game yet, the season is not quite over yet but it is technically after I secured promotion and have been crowned the division champions. Have a look below at the screenshots. I hope you guys can see these okay. If you'd like to see any of the other players in my team let me know and I'll get a screenshot uploaded for you.

Hope this helps.

View attachment 1202116View attachment 1202117View attachment 1202118View attachment 1202119View attachment 1202120View attachment 1202121View attachment 1202122View attachment 1202123View attachment 1202124View attachment 1202125View attachment 1202126

So this is the table at the end of the season. No big cups as I said, but we seriously overachieved.
View attachment 1202149

And here the player ratings for the team at the end of our final match against Bristol City. Xadas is progressing well now he's become a natural ML, Bowen is doing well too but not quite a natural ML yet.
View attachment 1202150

Now to build us up for a tough Premiership campaign ahead. Lots of positions to improve now, Strikers is a must (Maybe going for Neal Maupay not decided yet)
Generally improve the spine of the team as much as I can...and GK. See how we do with out budget currently 39mil. (Max Aarons I've bid for, considering David Raya or Pedrag Rajkovic for GK)

/delete

Last edited:
i just changed one striker to cm auto with this instructions:
View attachment 1202206
and its working quite well.. i wonder if the guy changed any other instructions?

If I did it wasn't many. I wasn't expecting the changes to be quite so successful so I didn't keep track.

My CM looks like this

18d2d192bbd1664b17a179894e9c0464.png

I'm still awaiting a reply from TFF over on SI.

TFF, normally I lurk everywhere but I just had to come in and post how wonderful Conqueror is. I'm playing with my beloved Man Utd (yes I know) and I absolutely brained it in my first season. Got the quadruple. Only major incoming was Sancho and De Ligt. Lingard is a beast retrained at ML and Lukaku was top scorer. Many multiple goal games.

I have one question with the training however. You say in OP that ML should be trained as inverted Winger (Support) yet the actual position in the tactic is Winger (Support), also you say the forwards to train as Complete Forwards (Att) but play as Advanced Forward (Att). Are these differences correct?

Also, to anyone saying the update changed things, not on mine it didn't. I played 75% on the new version. I did notice ALOT more own goals though. Not just in games I played, all over the world. Not that I had any mind you.

Great work TFF, love these tactics a lot.

Klattsy
(Australia)

hello could you post your line up please

Try gladiator on FMT after winter update for Liverpool without transfer
Use match plan:
play for win = gladiator
down by 1 goal = conqueror
last 10 mins = wasting time

simulated for a month, unbeaten

Back