FM19 Tactics by TFF

Would the current Gladiator tactic work with an older game version? I'm still on 19.1 and I have no way of updating it in the near future. Thank you

Hi TFF.

I'm starting a new save with AC Milan. Bonaventura is unavailable until 7/29/19. I think Calhanoglu can take the spot so i'm looking for a AMR/MR (Rotation or First Team, max budget 10M €)
Zaracho, Pavon, Vargas are possibilites but are they performing as it should ?
Do you know others players ?

Hi TFF.

I'm starting a new save with AC Milan. Bonaventura is unavailable until 7/29/19. I think Calhanoglu can take the spot so i'm looking for a AMR/MR (Rotation or First Team, max budget 10M €)

Check the OP. There are some suggested players and even player filters that should help.

Buy the Game

So toxic. Some people choose not to update the game until they see the affects. Just chill man, you do you, let others do what they want.

Rotation or First Team, max budget 10M

Hey mate,

Unfortunately, the information about your transfer budget is almost useless because the price at which you can buy a player depends on many different factors and the willingness of a player to join your clubs depends on many factors and these factors dynamically changes during your save and they also greatly varies from save to save so even knowing your transfer budget it's almost impossible to give a good advice regard the transfers.

Speaking other words, it might happen that in some save you'll get an unbelievable opportunity to buy Messi just only for 30M due to some crazy circumstances but in some other save he won't join even if you offer 900B. :)

So there's the only way to give you a good advice how to spend your 10M transfer budged in your save is loading your game save and seeing what's going on the transfer market at the moment in your save. ;)

Hi TFF.

Calhanoglu and Pavon should do well as the right wingers at MR position.

Please notice that Pavon's got only "10" rating for MR position by default so it requires improving his rating at MR to "15" at least.

Calhanoglu's got only "14" rating for MR position by default so it also requires slightly improving his rating at MR to "15" at least.

Zaracho also would do good as the right winger at MR position.

Last edited:
Hi, I found that Shield v10 is less efficient with 19.3.4.

Do you have any suggestion? And do you have shield v9 or v8 or others to share?

Last edited:
Hi, I found that Shield v10 is less efficient with 19.3.4.

Do you have any suggestion? And do you have shield v9 or v8 or others to share?

Agreed, unstoppable for me before but now getting less efficient performances.

I've been using the Gladiator/Conquerer/Reaver (or new 433 posted above) for a few seasons now. What I've seen is that the game reacts to your dominance at starts deviating from attacking formations to 4141s almost solely. This isn't a problem usually if the quality of the team is poor, but vs. a quality side you concede too much possession with Gladiator/Conqueror. You need the extra man in midfield to not get countered hard.

What I do:

Poor - 6th-4th place using defensive formation (4141, 4231 or 3/5 atb), at HOME or AWAY
I'll start with Gladiator, but if I'm down on possession or not getting shots on target after 15 minutes I'll use Conqueror. If they look threatening on the counter I'll go 433, otherwise I'll stay on Conqueror.

Any Team using 442 or 433, HOME or AWAY
I'll start with Gladiator, but if I'm down on possession or not getting shots on target after 15 minutes I'll use 433. If I can't find a goal by 45 minutes, I'll use Conqueror.

Top Team using defensive formation, AWAY
I'll start with 433, then use Conqueror if losing or unable to find a goal if drawing isn't acceptable.

Top Team using defensive formation, HOME
I'll start with Gladiator, but if I'm down on possession or not getting shots on target after 15 minutes I'll use Conqueror. If they look threatening on the counter I'll go 433, otherwise I'll stay on Conqueror.

Summarized, at HOME the Gladiator -> Conqueror approach works very well after the league takes you seriously and plays a SUS formation for 90 minutes. AWAY, you can get caught on the counter luckily by poor teams or fairly consistently vs. the top teams. Having an extra man in midfield helps. I'm not a fan of Shield Wall so I prefer using a 433 instead for a 3 man central midfield.

When losing, I find it most effective to sub in a fresh LM/RM first, then a striker.

I do own the game on steam, but I didnt play for months and I'm moving atm, so I can't update it.
You don't have time to update the game but you have time to post on a forum? (H)

TFF,where did you find the information about a players default rating for his position. Cheers

Hey mate,

The color inside the circles indicates it.

For example, bright green color indicated 19-20 rating, yellow color indicates from 9 to 11 range, red color from 4 to 8 and so…

colors.png

But I don't bother with the color and just use any in-game editor to check the position rating ;)

Last edited:
Corner taker prefered foot

Hey got a little question, does the prefered foot matters for the cornert taker? it must be the wingers but sometimes i dont have a left footed player for the left wing.

thanks in advance!

Hi TFF

What signings would you make for Arsenal in first couple of seasons for gladiator tactic?

Thanks

Back