FM19 Tactics by TFF

If you like a challenge as opposed to playing with man city, liverpool, man united etc (yawn) then it's your defence. Pace is a must and you want them to be elite (well eventually), the remaining 6 outfield players will plunder the goals in. I've found that as long as they broadly fit TFFs attributes guide then even championship players will win you the EPL.. just as long as your defence is sorted.
any defenders you would recommend but I’m Glasgow Rangers so budget is an issue !!

I seem to have the most chances but so wasteful. Struggle to break teams down, if lucky the throw in glitch comes to the rescue but more often than not offside.

Has everyone used any wonderkids that fit this tactic nicely?

some time ago I encounter few good threads about wonderkids at TFF's 75 Siblings

https://brokensjnf8ewhce8.com/topics/223-Looking-for-wonderkid-wingers/page-0.html

https://brokensjnf8ewhce8.com/topic...lented-strikers-Advanced-Forwards/page-0.html

Well 2nd season over and i surprised myself by achieving more than the 1st season!! Somehow doing the impossible and completing a double with league title & champions league winners, again only really used gladiator changing mentality for big games & a couple times used the shield wall tac. Pics below tell the whole story......

Transfers are in the pics but what you cant see in the pics is i also got Declan Rice for £26m in Jan, also now starting 3rd season with the signings of Koulibaly 75m, Conti on loan & Fosu-Mensah on free, sold Romero to City for 9.75m(12.5m) & coentrao for 3.7m(4.6m) & Gibbs-White on loan to Villa

Who were your better performers in this tactic?

which tactic is that

I can safely say this tactic is amazing.

For context, I started unemployed with no football qualifications and the lowest previous experience (Sunday League footballer). I successfully interviewed for the Welling United job. When I took over they were 17th in the Vanarama National League South (with 17 games played).

I ended up finishing in 3rd place, being promoted via the playoffs, and winning the FA Trophy.

I didn't lose a single game.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

any defenders you would recommend but I’m Glasgow Rangers so budget is an issue !!

I'd recommend downloading genie scout and select the following parameters for centre backs:
  • Pace, acceleration, strength: 15
  • Marking, tackling, positioning and jumping: 14
  • Heading 12
  • Passing 11
  • Vision 10
  • left foot at least 13 for left sided centre back and 20 for right.
Doesn't matter if they can even play centre back, just train them to play there.

If no one within your budget fits the above, reduce everything by 1 and so on and so forth and buy the best young guy you can afford who has highest PA (and determination of at least 12, anything below and I find they tend to develop really slowly or not at all regardless of the quality of your coaches).

For full backs, use tffs filters and again just keep going down until you hit someone you can afford. I find DM/MCs are most likely to fit the attributes and just train them as inside fullbacks. These guys usually take about 6 months to become naturalised FBs if played as often as their fitness levels allow in the FB position. Again best to get young player with highest PA and determination.

I'd even go as far as to sell your best attacking players (if a high bid comes in) in order to use the money to bolster up your defence as good attacking players are ten to the dozen but pacey BPDs are like gold dust. For example, you'll find it almost impossible to replace connor goldson for a better player but you won't have an issue finding a better replacement for moreles.

Last edited:
I seem to have the most chances but so wasteful. Struggle to break teams down, if lucky the throw in glitch comes to the rescue but more often than not offside.[/QUOTE#

I found reducing LoE to much lower and reducing mentality notch by notch works best in order to break down stubborn defences against the big teams. For teams when you are the much stronger side then reduce pressing intensity as well (much less) and during the game lower mentality notch by notch every 20 mins.

I'm in yr 2032 and I now start with much lower LoE for all matches apart from big teams away and it works much better than the original much higher version

DL / DR - Inverted Wing-Back ( Attack ) ( Conqueror and Berserk tactics )

DL - Complete Wing-Back ( Support ) ( Shield Wall, Reaver, Punisher and Warlord tactics )

If I use Gladitor as my main tactic?

Train DL/DR as IWBs If use Gladiator tactic

I seem to have the most chances but so wasteful. Struggle to break teams down, if lucky the throw in glitch comes to the rescue but more often than not offside.[/QUOTE#

I found reducing LoE to much lower and reducing mentality notch by notch works best in order to break down stubborn defences against the big teams. For teams when you are the much stronger side then reduce pressing intensity as well (much less) and during the game lower mentality notch by notch every 20 mins.

I'm in yr 2032 and I now start with much lower LoE for all matches apart from big teams away and it works much better than the original much higher version

Apologies but what does LoE mean?
Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to trying the tweaks.

Conquerer v7 (ish) + (Clash 4141) is awesome (Season 2)

attachment.php

This tactic started brilliant not losing at all and all of a sudden january first season im struggling every single game any ideas what i could do?

can anyone give an insight to reduce the amount of fouls and yellow cards I give away/receive?? im currently in feb on a new wolves season and ivealready given away over 500 fouls and 70+ bookings with 4reds, and this is just in the league!! I don't have any instruction on tackling but it makes no difference even if I choose stay on feet

Back