I would like to know why you train your players in other roles than they are given?

i think its about time tff includes the reason why in his op. ive literally explained why about 5 times over the years. new people wont know

Dear TFF,
I write to you with great respect. I think you do a great job the whole community, and i know it's not easy.
For me you are the best in making tactics. I have been using your tactics since FM 17 ( Its my first FM)
I understand that it's too early and you'll be fine-tuning your tactics. But at this moment my teams can't give a good results with your tactics. Basically I choose Chelsea, I also chose Milan and Napoli and tried all your tactics. Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Other people here have great results with your tactics. Could you give me some advice please?
Thank you very much.

P.S. Sorry for my English

Hi TFF, thanksfor the tactics but a few questions for you.
1. Is the marking specific position fixed in FM19? I asked because in FM18 this was never fixed despite several patches and i remember you asking about it on the official si forum.

2. I noticed the wide players being switched to WM from IW like in the past stormcaller version. Do the WM outperform the IW role in the latest stormcaller?

@El Wray

Hehe, care to explain it one more time?

how i see it is lets say general training a position gives you 0.2 for an attribute when a player is due to progress, with focused training to a position i think they get 0.4. those numbers are an example. ive trained many amr/aml players to be wbr/wbl and their tackling has gone from under 5 to 12-14.

also it gets their position donut better which doesnt mean much. i could be wrong but its how i see it

edit. lets say for amc, ss trains 15 attributes, 5 arent important for the role, tq trains 10 that are important, they get the extra point allocation the other 5 attributes would give

would like to see how others see it

Last edited:
Why did you remove Demolisher TFF? the tactic is actually amazing and has lots of potential :(

I would like to know why you train your players in other roles than they are given?

Hi,

In general “Individual Training Focus” does 2 main things:

1) It increases rating for position.

2) it develops some attributes.

Let’s say you’ve created a tactic with “Dribble Less” and “Shot Less” TIs which means that no one of your players dribbles with te ball in your tactic and no one of your players shots from the distance in your tactic so it comes out that “Dribbling” and “Long Shots" are useless attributes for your tactic and it would be a good idea to avoid spending time and players' CA on training these attributes and it's better to spend thier time and thier CA on training some other attributes which are more useful for your tactic.

So I know what every position does in this tactic and what attributes it needs to do good and I pick such Individual Training focus which train as many important attributes as possible

Is the final version of Ashbringer v14?

It’s possible to update the set pieces in Ashbringer V14 and it's also possible to add few tweaks to make it slightly more efficient but it still will be far below Stormcaller V13 so I can’t force myself to bother with it at the moment :)

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. Other people here have great results with your tactics. Could you give me some advice please?

Sure, mate… I'll give you advises but only after you upload a game save where you used Stormcaller V13 with Chelsea for the full season

Hi TFF, thanksfor the tactics but a few questions for you.
1. Is the marking specific position fixed in FM19? I asked because in FM18 this was never fixed despite several patches and i remember you asking about it on the official si forum.

Hi mate,

No, it still hasn't been fixed

2. I noticed the wide players being switched to WM from IW like in the past stormcaller version. Do the WM outperform the IW role in the latest stormcaller?

WM role allows to choose any moving direction with the ball “Run Wide” or “Cut Inside” and I haven’t decided yet which direction is the most effective at the moment so that’s why I use WMs instead of IWs

Why did you remove Demolisher TFF? the tactic is actually amazing and has lots of potential :(

Hi mate,

Believe me I removed it only when I was 10000% sure that Stormcaller V13 is much better

Last edited:
Which player should I remove if I receive a red card?

hey TFF good studies. This tactic doesn't work very well right now, defensive midfields are taking nonsense shots !!

hey TFF good studies. This tactic doesn't work very well right now, defensive midfields are taking nonsense shots !!

In my opininon this tactic mostly based on to score goals from set pieces. If yoou have good corner taker you will score a lot

Someone who can tell which skills are very important at the different positions.
If we take the new stormcaller. Is speed important, for example

Hey TFF,
thanks for taking your time to answer all the questions people have about your amazing tactical work!
Do you have any recommendation regarding which attributes to look at when buying players for the new Stormcaller? Probably the attributes which improve when using the specified training focus, but maybe there are some attributes which we especially should focus on. Xanax mentioned that a lot of goals are made by set pieces, so maybe that's something to focus on?

If that's true, it also might be a good idea to take over training from the assistant and making sure set pieces are trained intensively. Do you think that would cause even better results?

Using ASHBRINGER V14 with Arsenal, working just fine as you can see, bought only Rafinha from Barca for 15M pounds.
Beat Liverpool, Chelsea, City & United with posession 60% in all matches, only City was harder to beat, we went on penalties.
Aubameyang is a beast in AF position, 10 goals in 7 games :

View attachment 32544 View attachment 32543

ASHBRINGER is working just fine, if you know what you`re doing!
Thx for this!

Someone who can tell which skills are very important at the different positions.
If we take the new stormcaller. Is speed important, for example

Hey TFF,
thanks for taking your time to answer all the questions people have about your amazing tactical work!
Do you have any recommendation regarding which attributes to look at when buying players for the new Stormcaller? Probably the attributes which improve when using the specified training focus, but maybe there are some attributes which we especially should focus on.

Hi

I've added STC/ML/MR attributes to the OP, a bit latter I'll add other positions

STC
-- High Importance Attributes --
Acceleration, Agility, Pace
Finishing, Dribbling, First Touch
Technique, Anticipation, Off The Ball
Composure, Decisions
-- Moderate Importance Attributes --
Strength, Work Rate, Passing
Vision, Teamwork, Stamina
Heading, Long Shots, Determination

ML / MR
Flair, Dribbling, First Touch
Technique, Off The Ball, Anticipation
Decisions, Composure
Crossing, Finishing, Long Shots
Passing, Vision, Teamwork
Work Rate, Stamina, Determination

Last edited:
Hi

I've added STC/ML/MR attributes to the OP, a bit latter I'll add other positions

STC

Finishing, Dribbling, First Touch
Technique, Anticipation, Off The Ball
Composure, Decisions
Strength, Work Rate, Passing
Vision, Teamwork, Stamina
Heading, Long Shots, Determination

ML / MR

Flair, Dribbling, First Touch
Technique
Crossing, Finishing, Long Shots
Passing, Vision, Teamwork
Work Rate, Stamina, Determination
will you be putting these as a filter we can download ??

Guys, I've added attributes for all positions to the OP

Also, I've added few "perfect" players for every position

Last edited:
ALtho im winning and winning and made it to the quarterfinals in CL i have to say the match engine seems rubbish.

having 40-50 shots and ranging from 5-20 on target each game seems very strong, but its a missconception.

The actuall CCC is very very low compare to the number and i normaly have max 2 ccc in one game.

The play itself with wingbacks crossing is good, but 90% of my goals is from cross were opposite IF score or from set pices.

The striker CAN score but i had 3 games in a row he had 0 shoots even if hes good and fits most striker roles perfectly.

So i guess TFF, the challenge onwards would be how to create more CCC from open play and tweak down the percent of low chance shots?

that said i havent tried stormcaller with good wide midtfielders yet.

Btu very good tactics indeed regardless :)

keep up the good work!