FM19 Tactics by TFF

Hi TTF,

I would know what do you think about these two instructions:

-Move into channel (for a Winger)
-Play for set piece (team instruction)

What are the impact ?

Many thanks.

This tactic is not working that well for me at Benfica. Striker and AMC always play poorly, always finish with max 6.5 rating...

I don't believe it!

He's our record signing, bought ten months ago and only played nine minutes so far lol.

I think people having issues here with the tactic have missed the importance of morale and dynamics for this years FM.

it is VERY VERY VERY important to make sure morale is good. if that means that you loan out or sell a first team player so be it.

to build morale and increase players faith in you you should use the shout mechanics correctly.

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballmanagergames/comments/9rod10/shouts/

this is a guideline.

After testing myself, using praise after every goal is very very benificial.

and show some passion/Demand more when you are performing well under expectations.

individual shouts suited to players personality is also something you need to pick up on.

Like on my vitesse save i have Buttner, hes decent quality LB and my first choice, but i cant win him over no mather what so i loan him out and play my 2nd choice.

On Rosenborg i have similare issue with Bendtner.
Just get rid of players that will disrupt your plans for the campaign you set.

there are plenty of fish in the sea.

Low ratings on striker and AMC is happening occasionally and what cause it i have yet to discover as i have had great success with Grønli and Botheim playing AMC and striker, while in vitesse its hard to get Ødegaard to consistently beast it as AMC (so i use him mostly rotation) aswell as Darfalou tho with a rating og 7.38 is very inconsistent at times.
i am currently loaning brenner to see if i can lift him up there, but Halil Altintop has better ratings *(7.73) and when he play i use him as DLF (old champ).

There might be hidden stats or PPM's affecting this that we have yet to fully map so just keep trying and posting so there is more info to base conclusions on :)

Just an update of my Vitesse Save.

Sitting 21nd in Eredivisie 4 points behind PSV but 9 clear of AJAX. Bryan Linssen ML is 2nd on avr chart and top POM in league.
in 22 i have 17-3-2 with +34 GD

i think with a better keeper i would be on top because Eduardo has done some terrible TERRIBLE involvments that will makew you laugh if u saw it :p

Best of luck boiz and gals <3

Best of luck boiz and gals <3

ME is very random this year, you can create a tactic that will work for you but won't for others even if they play with the same team.
**** you can create a tactic that will work for you in 1 test run but won't work on the second test run.
some things to take into consideration are team morale, dynamics and fitness but there is much randomness involved probably intended to make the game harder.

after 22-23 games the AI adapts and even when you did find your self randomly having a good season the AI will "adapt" to the tactic with no real good tactical reason (again probably intended to make the game harder). which will turn the 50/50 randomness toward the AI favor (draws, wins) more than before.

by the way on all my tests my team performed better without using any shouts.

Last edited:
TFF do you think putting my team on WORK THE BALL INTO BOX will help my striker score more goals?

i tried stormcaller v14...with dortmund save not going well, my players tend to play a lot of shots withfew on target and just a goal. it is even worse in away games

Hi guys,

Is your shots / shots on target ratio really unbalanced? I find myself with 25 shots for 3 one target regularly.

Could someone please explain the player instructions to me?
Does it have to be set on 'position' or 'personalised'?

Many thanks in advanced.

Last edited:
Back