FM19 Tactics by TFF

The AI doesnt adapts to the formation and the mentality.

The AI doesn't "adapt". The game doesn't have learning AI. What happens is that at mid-season, you side is "re-assessed". And if you are doing well, opposition AI will view you as more of a threat. The odds change. Teams that were attacking you and leaving space are now sitting back more and that space is gone.

Think of it like Leicester. Their title season, they were relegation favorites. Everyone attacked them. They defended well and had endless space to counter attack into. Some teams adapted, and some did not. In FM, more teams would adapt and start to see them as more of a threat after mid-season, meaning that this style would be a bit less successful. It wouldn't necessarily fail entirely, because defending well is still defending well.

If your mids are just passing to each other and that's it, they lack options. This could be because you have very short passing set but players aren't close enough, it could because opposition are packing the midfield with bodies and taking away passing lanes. It could be that you don't have enough attacking options. It could be that those attacking options aren't moving off the ball enough so they are getting marked too easily. Watch the matches. Stop and analyze. When those passes aren't going anywhere, why not? What legit passing options did they have? Why did the player not take the "better" option? Could be a team instruction, role, duty, or even a change of shape that's needed. A common mistake is to use a really high line and then have problems breaking down the opposition. You've compressed them into their zone, which actually makes it easier for them to prevent good shots. Sometimes pulling back can be really effective.

leicester arent a good example, they cheated to win the title. arsenal figured them out and was the only team to beat them home and away that season

Fair points.
in this years FM one can say there are "counter" formations to each formation more or less.
Learn what formations work vs what, listen to assman and preview and adapt.

you cannot use attack through middle and narrow if they run 2 dms and 3 cm's even if that formation killed barcelona 10-0 the week before.

manage, make decissions and adapt.

there is a reason you see streamers change up their passing and focus when they struggle to break down an opponent or have to defend better vs one strenght of the AI team.

The AI doesnt adapts to the formation and the mentality.

The AI doesn't "adapt". The game doesn't have learning AI. What happens is that at mid-season, you side is "re-assessed". And if you are doing well, opposition AI will view you as more of a threat. The odds change. Teams that were attacking you and leaving space are now sitting back more and that space is gone.

Think of it like Leicester. Their title season, they were relegation favorites. Everyone attacked them. They defended well and had endless space to counter attack into. Some teams adapted, and some did not. In FM, more teams would adapt and start to see them as more of a threat after mid-season, meaning that this style would be a bit less successful. It wouldn't necessarily fail entirely, because defending well is still defending well.

If your mids are just passing to each other and that's it, they lack options. This could be because you have very short passing set but players aren't close enough, it could because opposition are packing the midfield with bodies and taking away passing lanes. It could be that you don't have enough attacking options. It could be that those attacking options aren't moving off the ball enough so they are getting marked too easily. Watch the matches. Stop and analyze. When those passes aren't going anywhere, why not? What legit passing options did they have? Why did the player not take the "better" option? Could be a team instruction, role, duty, or even a change of shape that's needed. A common mistake is to use a really high line and then have problems breaking down the opposition. You've compressed them into their zone, which actually makes it easier for them to prevent good shots. Sometimes pulling back can be really effective.

or in other words .. adapts. ;)

but really i have tested many tactics including my own. all those tactics that exploit the weakness of this ME have pretty much the same results, what differs one from another is just how good your players in playing those roles of that specific tactic. it will differ which tactic will work better for your team.. that's about it. and yes the adaptation or like you called it tzahy that just SI way of programming the game into been harder (which makes it even less realistic if you ask me) but you can either cry or make your peace with it.

there are way's to counter what the ME is doing when it 'adapts' to you.. but those options are very limited as the ME right now is very 1 dimensional and very limited to what it can do sadly and that's what ttf meant by saying that the ME this year is garbage.

Last edited:
I finally won the EPL as Sunderland in my 7th season (5th season in the prem) using stormcaller v14.

I'd built up a very solid team but still seemed to be turned over frequently away from home against the bigger teams. This led me to change tactics a few times without putting decent winning runs together. In the end, I always came back to TFF's tactics.

The turning point for me (mid 7th season) was stopping being lazy and actually using shouts / closing out matches with the waste time tactic. After doing that, I lost only one league game (narrowly away to Arsenal).

I guess my point is that currently I haven't seen any diablo tactic for this iteration of FM and that TFF's tactics will work if you don't half-**** it like I was doing.

Cheers TFF!

Stormcaller V14 is easily the best tactic for FM19... at least for me :)

Here's my result with Everton

de3x.png

I'm having a crazy start with Monaco (H)

Stormcaller V14

pppp1.png

Last edited:
Guys,

Against better teams, what did you do?

Put the mentality on standard, defensive, or dont touch in nothing?

I'm playing FM Touch 19!

Thanks for the tips!

Obs: I'm with Aston Villa (England)

Yes, sure :)

I hope it will be successful for you)
If you can tell me later if the tactic works for you, please.
I leave everything to Assistant but don't use OI View attachment 1186090
Your tactic is doing wonders for my Manchester United save. My back line is strong as ever and after 22 games, I have only conceded 6 goals. It pays to have good defence too. My strike force of front 3 don't score all the time but @ least we don't concede either. Thank you for a good tactic.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

stormcaller v14 winning titles but my striker struggles to score more than 15 goals

Thx man. Amazing work as always. Got promoted and stayed up with Fortuna Koln (germany lower league 2 seasons of play time).

Would you care to elaborate on your thought process, when you create a tactic? This year it seems less overpowered then in previous years.

You always use mark tighter, tackle harder but you don't press hard, it's counter intuitive. Also my impression is that "lower tempo" seems to be the most overpowered aspect of this tactic in this iteration of the engine, since i tend to struggle more with opposition that plays the same, but with 4-4-2 iteration, so probably player roles and shape is not that big of a factor. Would you care to explain what makes your tactic preform so well?

Side note, i tend to concede majority of goals from headers (corners, freekicks, and crosses from play). My players are obviously garbage, but defenders are quite tall and decent heading/jump reach ofc. (I also score from corners or crosses quite often myself). And also why "wide midfielders" it seems to be very rare that players are competent in that role.

Last edited:
Amazing tactic ! Thank you bro, greeting from Serbia

My season with Man Utd
mw40ld.jpg

14kaah5.jpg

102wh7d.jpg

fp1nbk.jpg

2h4mh53.jpg

Do I have to use wide midfielders, or can i use wingers, inside wingers? Will it be just as effective?

Last edited:
Back