FM19 Tactics by TFF

V5 is legendary !!!

I'm getting insane results with Fiorentina :)

jh76776.png

Is it only me, or does the corner setup and trow in setup not work.

Im Newcastle and after 12 games im nr. 3 thats fine.^^)

All my games i have 40+ shoot, 10 on goal and scoring 1 or 2 goals:(

But 12 games and 1 corner goal, and 1 throw in goal. On throw in, all the players are standing in the way of the shoot, so my player cant score.

Will it help training set pieces?

Last edited:
Almost a great season with Man Utd using V5 and Chrissy Dude's corner kick suggestions:

View attachment 26191View attachment 26190
View attachment 26189View attachment 26188
View attachment 26187

Unbeaten in the league, 108 points and 113 goals scored, also won the FA Cup humping Liverpool 4-1 in the final despite being one down at half time.

Only "almost great" because the only two defeats of the season were the Caribou Cup final and the Champion's League Final, both to Man City. That would hurt.

The number of goals from a throw-in "exploit" and the AI not being able to defend a short corner really shows up this year's match engine though.

Almost a great season with Man Utd using V5 and Chrissy Dude's corner kick suggestions:

View attachment 1190638View attachment 1190639
View attachment 1190640View attachment 1190641
View attachment 1190642

Unbeaten in the league, 108 points and 113 goals scored, also won the FA Cup humping Liverpool 4-1 in the final despite being one down at half time.

Only "almost great" because the only two defeats of the season were the Caribou Cup final and the Champion's League Final, both to Man City. That would hurt.

The number of goals from a throw-in "exploit" and the AI not being able to defend a short corner really shows up this year's match engine though.

hello can you post a ss of your line up and a ss of your set piece takers please

hello can you post a ss of your line up and a ss of your set piece takers please

Line up:
View attachment 26182

Lingard played a lot too, either AM or RM.
Rashford played as the forward a lot too, in place of Lukaku.
Sanchez didnt play much due to a couple of big injuries, he was out most of the season. When he did play, it was either to replace Lukaku up front, or Martial on the left.
Centerbacks were rotated a lot to keep them fresh, Bailly and Lindelof got turns.

Set Piece Takers:
View attachment 26181

Right backs for corners and throw-ins on right, left backs for corners and throw-ins on left
I forgot to set the free kick makers so they're just default.

Any decent strikers?

Yeah I’d love to hear if anyone has a striker who does well in this tactic. I LOVE the tactic and I’m playing with Man Utd and clearing up the season so far. However, As striker I’ve tried Lukaku, Alexis, Rashford and Munir as my advanced striker and only Rashford has scored a few but still misses a bucket load despite on advanced striker role training and extra shooting practice.
Mom just keen to know if it’s an issue with strikers in general, therefore not worth me saving to buy an amazing big-name striker or just keep what I already have?
Many info from you guys is massively appreciated, and I hope your all having a lush Christmas!

Cant download the tactic

Cant seem to download the tactic as it opens Adobe with an error message saying the file type is not supported or damaged. Not very Tech savvy i'm afraid so any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks for this tactic TFF.
With MK Dons managed to win League 2, League 1 and the championship and then got them into 12th in the premier league.
League 2 we were predicted to finished 1st but in league 1 it was 15th and in the championship and premier league we were predicted to finish dead last, this tactic is really special.

I have carried on using Stormcaller, taking Millwall to the PL. Switched to Battlemaster due to a poor start and... Not great results. 4 wins from 18. So many last minute winners or equalisers conceded. So inconsistent. Beat Arsenal 3-1 then immediately got destroyed 5-1 by Stoke. End a run of 4 defeats by drawing with Man United? Immediately lose at home to bottom of the table, 2 points all season Forest. I am not expecting to even get top half with the squad I have but I don't want to get sacked either. Will try with another team and see what success I have.

Does anyone have strong rights and left midfielders for a team like Atletico Madrid?

Yeah I’d love to hear if anyone has a striker who does well in this tactic. I LOVE the tactic and I’m playing with Man Utd and clearing up the season so far. However, As striker I’ve tried Lukaku, Alexis, Rashford and Munir as my advanced striker and only Rashford has scored a few but still misses a bucket load despite on advanced striker role training and extra shooting practice.
Mom just keen to know if it’s an issue with strikers in general, therefore not worth me saving to buy an amazing big-name striker or just keep what I already have?
Many info from you guys is massively appreciated, and I hope your all having a lush Christmas!

I'm also using MU and Anthony Martial is my choice striker, and I actually put Lukaku at the AMC role lol. Having watched every single game in 3D I think that striker position needs someone whose just fa fa fa fa fast... sold Alexis and retraining Rashford as a left ML

I still haven't finished my first season but I already know one position that doesnt need big name signing is the striker position. And is it me or is long range shots over powered? like Pogba is my top scorer with 24 goals already

Merry Xmas!

Immense tactic in terms of cleaning up all the titles
But I too keep buying new strikers hoping for something to click, often I’ve long runs without goals and very low ratings
Some people will say it doesn’t matter as long as your winning which is true, but having your striker chase the golden boot down is all part of the charm isn’t it?
Don’t let the striker thing put you off this tactic though as I haven’t noticed many other tactics with high scoring strikers

but having your striker chase the golden boot down is all part of the charm isn’t it?

In real life the last 10 years Messi and Ronaldo has been 2 main contenders for the Golden Boot and no one them is a pure striker :D

Messi's role usually is a right inside forward or trequartista

Ronaldo's role is a left inside forward

I don't why you guys are so expecting that your striker to be the best goal scorer when in real life such isn't true very often…

Some facts about strikers from real life :)

In the season 17/18 Diego Costa made 15 appearances in La Liga and scored only 3 goals! :)

hggui.png

In the season 18/19 Diego Costa made 11 appearances La Liga and scored only 1 goal! :)

fyf7.png

So in real life in the last 2 years Diego Costa made 26 appearances in La Liga and scored only 4 goals!

I must add that Diego Costa is considered as one of the best strikers in the world :D

There are many other examples like that in real life

So I really don't understand why you think that your striker should be the main scorer when in real life such isn't true very often...

Last edited:
And how many shoots Costa have in that seasons?

What we try to tell is that striker finishing is terrible. Messi and Ronaldo have very high percentage of finishing, and many more strikers have high but in this game same strikers have low percentage of finishing.

Pal, the things you are talking about is a different story and I agree with you but I don't see what a tactic can do about...

You'd better go the official SI forum and complain about it there :)

Back