FM19 Tactics by TFF

Has anyone had any luck getting goals out of strikers if so who and how ??

The strikers being target men and with baseline better than average pace, acceleration, natural fitness and stamina, composure and finishing.

ML left footed and MR right footed so more balls scored from byline crosses. Helps if the wide players have cross from the byline preferred.

For those having problems with strikers that no scores.

With these small change of the original tactic I get Aubameyang scoring for now 20 on 27 matches and Lacazette 11 on 25. Try it and see if it helps.

The strikers being target men and with baseline better than average pace, acceleration, natural fitness and stamina, composure and finishing.

ML left footed and MR right footed so more balls scored from byline crosses. Helps if the wide players have cross from the byline preferred.
Shall we also change the role of the wingers or leave them as inverted wingers?

generally considered good but for large teams.Not as good as you're exaggerating.Ineffective in big matches.my team besiktas.

generally considered good but for large teams.Not as good as you're exaggerating.Ineffective in big matches.my team besiktas.

if you look at the shots, you've seen the benefit of the tactic :))) but not as good as last year's tactic. my strikers are crawling . The strikers can't even if u take Kane. Because he shoots very little.

Creating great chances, out shooting and pretty much outplaying most teams but im always getting a tough game against the worst 5 teams in the league. I'm playing as Wolves and i can beat teams like man city 3-0 but i go and lose to 20th place cardiff 4-2. I outplay all the good teams but i get out shot by lower teams. I think this is the best tactic right now for FM19 but i believe its weakness is against bad teams.

Played with Bournemouth and got 2nd place due to Liverpool having an unbeaten season.
Played as Man Utd and won the league
Playing as Wolves and look set for top 4 atleast.

All these 3 saves most of my losses were against poor teams such as Cardiff and Huddersfield.

Case and point is that this tactic (in my experience) is very weak to counter mentality's.

Anyone know how to remove the swap player instructions on FM touch ?? Sorry for off-topic.

MCL and MCR having good long shots. Cannot say this enough how important for this for creating goals/secondary chances. I recently made both my central midfielders be players with high long shot stats and it's made a good difference.

Hey mates,
I started a save with FC Nuernberg from the 1. Bundesliga in Germany (newcomer).

I'm fighting for the title actually in my first season and my striker scores nearly every match.
The only thing I've changed is to set the striker so "Targetman - Attack".

Try it if you want to do so :). Now the tactic seems to be perfect :)

Hey mates,
I started a save with FC Nuernberg from the 1. Bundesliga in Germany (newcomer).

I'm fighting for the title actually in my first season and my striker scores nearly every match.

Could you post a ss of your line up please

if you look at the shots, you've seen the benefit of the tactic :))) but not as good as last year's tactic. my strikers are crawling . The strikers can't even if u take Kane. Because he shoots very little.

The more you shoot, the more tactics do not mean good.:)

Hey guys, hey TFF :) I missed one year (FM18), but now i bought FM19 :) What are your experiences with this formation (4-3-3 Strikerless, 5-2-3 Strikerless) for FM19 ? For FM17 it was totally gamebreaker formations ... :)

I suggest you go slowly through this thread. The answer to your question is already in 4th post.
To shorten up, currently in FM 19.2.1, there are 442 and 4411 tactics that show the most efficiency.
2 of those really stick out; beowulf 442 and beowulf 4411 from Knap on SI forum.

First Season - Hertha BSC

Used V4+V5+"solounamigo"`s Tipp (Striker as Targetman+Attack)

First Season with Hertha BSC (no Reload).

I`m looking forward for the 2nd Season. Champions League, alot of money to spend for favourite Players. I already bought Mathias Vargas for ~11-12 Mio. €, because i sold Selke for 15 Mio., Lusternberger for 2,4Mio., Dude for 14 Mio., Esswein for ~3Mio., Leckie for 3,5 Mio.@Winterpause.

Bought @Winterpause Samu Saiz for 9 Mio. from Leeds (who is now about 18 Mio. € worth), Camillo Ciano for 6 Mio. (too expensive as backup), Alexy Bosetti (because i sold my best Striker Selke) for only 1,4 Mio. who shot 13 Goals in 19 Matches (League + Cup)!
Kasper Kusk from Aalborg, for 1,2 Mio. €, as ML, was great too. 16 Matches, 7 Goals, 9 Assists@ League & Cup.

Next Season will Munir (0€) join the Club as MR and Isak (Striker) from Dortmund is coming.
Thx for this great tactic TFF. :)

Hey mates,

Tested that for 10 games but no luck for my striker (Piatek) He scored 1 goal which was from a pen

Tested that for 10 games but no luck for my striker (Piatek) He scored 1 goal which was from a pen

in my lil test Switch to target man has no impact aswell :) buy the way i found that striker scoring rate could be very random... for example in my first season lukaku scored 16 goals, but in next season almost with the same squad he banged almost double 29! and that without taking penalties... so lots of randomnes in the ME.

Back