For what its worth, the fact that he is calling the payments a "donation" probably allow him to skirt any copyright laws that would prevent him from charging a set price for the product. The 1 pound minimum may prove to be a stumbling block legally (I am an American Attorney and am unfamiliar with British Copyright law however)

finally ppl actually play the game properly and dont cheat, or cheat scout the best youngsters, if u really wanna edit FM have design a much better editor tool then FMRTE, dont give braca any donations play the game properly

And the donation is next to nothing either, just one euro will do. Besides, the amount of time that goes into it costs the most money.

I'm just arguing against their "reasons" for bringing in this donation ****. Yeah the donation is next to nothing, captain obvious.

And the amount of time that goes into it costs money? I've had bigger projects and I'm no lesser off in terms of fortune.

Not really. owning a domain name is quite expensive, along with having a server host with download area. Plus, it is a one-off donation, not like a monthly charge.

Go do an IT course.

And to the people that are complaining about 'playing the game right' then I reply with this;

I don't use FMRTE to cheat in any way. If I wanted to change finances or mess around with stats and contracts I'd just do in the original FM editor. I, like many others, enjoy doing chairman games and the only way this could be done was by using fmrte so that you may manually change managers as the game progresses. This in my opinion gives legit reasons for actually using the real time editor.

I don't see a donation as a donation if it's something that must be done. Donation is a generous way of helping or saying thanks, but not if you have to do it. And sure it's only 89 and a half pence or whatever, but the price isn't the point. I've bought football manager every year for the past 6 or 7. You think I wouldn't pay the extra 90p? The fact remains that your not paying money out as a donation, your paying money out to get activation for a program that has been free the past few years.

Go do an IT course.

And to the people that are complaining about 'playing the game right' then I reply with this;

I don't use FMRTE to cheat in any way. If I wanted to change finances or mess around with stats and contracts I'd just do in the original FM editor. I, like many others, enjoy doing chairman games and the only way this could be done was by using fmrte so that you may manually change managers as the game progresses. This in my opinion gives legit reasons for actually using the real time editor.

I don't see a donation as a donation if it's something that must be done. Donation is a generous way of helping or saying thanks, but not if you have to do it. And sure it's only 89 and a half pence or whatever, but the price isn't the point. I've bought football manager every year for the past 6 or 7. You think I wouldn't pay the extra 90p? The fact remains that your not paying money out as a donation, your paying money out to get activation for a program that has been free the past few years.

I am fully qualified in IT, certainly don't need to go on any course. I donated to them about 6 months ago, so my licence key is from then, and I do see your point, and the fact it is a useful tool for many other reasons than cheating.

People are saying "oh, it's only €1." Yeah, think how many downloads it has had. FMRTE has been downloaded over 150,000 times [according to the website] and that's just on windows. I'm not saying everyone has donated but he's still making a **** load of money from this.. And I'm pretty sure SI don't agree with people selling FM add-on's anyway.

This guy is not just 'trying to cover costs' and this isn't a donation, he's making money and it's wrong.. Nobody else charges for the time they put into making things for FM so why is it okay for FMRTE.

Last edited:
I beliave you, but I bet I wasn't the first one who was sarcastic about it.

I unreservedly apologise for having a bit of banter. It won't happen again.

to be honest this tool has caused alot of paranoid people in the fm world everytim someone does well people suspect it might be because there using fmrte it drives me mad one of the worst things ever created in my opinion what the fck is the point in playing a game to cheat ? and the people who say i just want it to scout bollox give me a break i wasnt born yesterday !

To be honest, I actually like that FMRTE is now donation only to get the full version - it helps me to withstand the temptation to tip the balances just that little bit more in my favour. ("hmmm, could really do with signing that regen, I'll just up my Transfer budget this much etc etc").

Of course, even editing FM is not classed as cheating. Lets face it, the only person who you are cheating is yourself and not other people (unless its some kind of challenge that has a reward, or an online league). I really don't see why people get all worked up about it - if someone comes onto a message board saying "ZOMG ! Just got promoted from BSP to Prem in five seasons, just signed Rooney! LOLZ! How good am I???!!", all I would do is ignore them. Doesn't impact on me at all.

Also, just to back up my point, here is a generally accepted definition of Cheating:

Cheating refers to the breaking of rules to gain advantage in a competitive situation

surely if u have a life ( Job, kids, hobbies etc) its up to the user if they want to give themselves an advantage to enjoy the game as much as they can in the limited time they have? i don't have time to try and test tactics, training, players and the rest, i just want to jump straight in with what i need to do well in the game, and if i still fail then i should give up and go buy Fifa manager!!
that approach won't appeal to everybody but i guarantee it appeals to alot of people as well

I unreservedly apologise for having a bit of banter. It won't happen again.
Yeah I'm all for banter, but banter is one thing and being an ******* completely other so you'll understand

Yeah I'm all for banter, but banter is one thing and being an ******* completely other so you'll understand

No need for namecalling for goodness sake. I've never been that to anyone and I wasn't to you. Wind your neck in.

Now now lads, calm down. You don't want to be getting infractions for bullshit reasons and have your posts removed because they were aimed against a moderator.

Just done a bit of snooping around and managed to get myself a hold of a code. But by the time I tried activating it I got a message saying that it has reached its maximum usage or something. They must've limited the use to one or two per computer.

that must have been the trial key. limited useage

If i pay the donation to get a key to use FMTRE, does the program update quite quickly for the new patches steam keeps producing (quick being 2 or 3 days)?

Some people have some real issues with the use of the editor as if it effects there game?

If i pay the donation to get a key to use FMTRE, does the program update quite quickly for the new patches steam keeps producing (quick being 2 or 3 days)?

Some people have some real issues with the use of the editor as if it effects there game?

FMRTE usually updates quite quickly for a new patch. About 4 days or so from patch being released till FMRTE updates. Unless there is a new feature being added or something then it takes abit longer.