Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 55K
so i have to download steam to play it now? :(

Will do it because i want to play the game and it will stop pirates hopefully though :)

Have to say Steam was very easy and simple to dowload

Proved Wrong :)

fifa 12 and pes12 just got relsesead yesterday , sept. 27 in north america, and already today the cracked versions are out. LOL
(btw, i didnt download them, i just when for sight seeing :P )

one thing you should never do, is predict when a cracked version of the game will be out...it can come out a week before release...and it can also take a month after...it all depends on who's cracking it I guess...

But why would anyone wait for that, when the money earned from each copy is gonna help SI out much for developing next year's game! Remember, the more production money they have = An even more awesome FM 13 ;)..

So buying the original is the way to go!

I don't understand why people have a problem with steam... :S

Pre-ordered via Steam. Guess we'll be sharing a copy using the log-in / run / log-out method again.

pre-loading took about 45 minutes for me today mid-day in denver colorado. Cant wait for tomorrow afternoon! (for me). I have always been a steam fan, civ 5, total war games, FM 10 and FM11, FM12 gave me no reason to stop being a supporter. Easy purchase and download right in the middle of my Constitutional Law class. nice.

It's a bit annoying, but I'll problably just do as always, buy the game, then get a no cd crack, and hopefully that'll do the trick. I really don't need more software cramming up my computer. Will have to give it a try though, as I want to play as soon as it arrives, so maybe I'll change my mind if I find it doesn't intrude too much.

It's a bit annoying, but I'll problably just do as always, buy the game, then get a no cd crack, and hopefully that'll do the trick. I really don't need more software cramming up my computer. Will have to give it a try though, as I want to play as soon as it arrives, so maybe I'll change my mind if I find it doesn't intrude too much.

Yeah, will probably do the same. I have undying hate for all the online checks and such, not that I personally have connection problems or something, but it's out of principle. And basically, all that hassle merely angers the paying customers, it's not as if the ones who'll be getting the cracked version feel agitated by it. In addition, every single game is crackable and it's a battle already lost for the gaming companies. So pointless and possibly harming even, I predict that those things will slowly go away as did the infamous CD copy protections.

my freind got VAC-banned from steam for downloading a crack for fm2011, so just be careful with steam and cracks, they dont like them!

I'll be pre-ordering mine before college today, so after I finish my three hour business lesson I have FM12 to come home to :)

Well this is just an awful plan, steam is terrible, the service goes down all the time, it eats up resources (ram), steam isn't going to prevent anything. The only thing steam is good for is selling cheap games with their sales, but then your forced to always run the game through their service, that's why they have separate versions for most games a steam version via digital download or retail, but now if we buy retail we still need to go through steam lol.

Well this is just an awful plan, steam is terrible, the service goes down all the time, it eats up resources (ram), steam isn't going to prevent anything. The only thing steam is good for is selling cheap games with their sales, but then your forced to always run the game through their service, that's why they have separate versions for most games a steam version via digital download or retail, but now if we buy retail we still need to go through steam lol.

None of that is true. Besides its irrelevant.

This thread is for helping people to activate. All other dicussion is useless

So if i preorder using the Fmbase link & discount code, does this mean i download it today and will then only need to activate the game tomorrow using steam and not have to wait around for anything tomorrow? or have i got this totally wrong?

I pre-ordered off of here... Does anyone know what time we get the activation code through by e-mail??

This is a repost from Matt Sega on the SI thread:

[h=2]FM2012 Release Day Activation Info[/h]
Hi All,

Just a quick post to make sure everyone is clear what's happening today and through to midnight.

Purchase Information:
If you've pre-ordered directly from Steam you'll be able to preload the game already, but not play it until just after midnight. Preloading doesn't make the game playable - it simply reduces strain on the Steam servers by allowing you to download a significant percentage of the code before midnight. The remainder will be downloaded from 00.01 BST tomorrow when the game officially launches, and you'll be able to play.

If you've purchased from any other digital retailer, you should expect to receive your code some time later today when they will all be released. If you have specific questions about this, please contact your retailer. Some of them will allow the pre-load, some won't - they will be able to tell you.

If you've ordered or bought a physical copy of the game and received it already, you won't be able to play it yet - in fact, your retailer probably shouldn't have provided it to you until tomorrow. Consider yourself very lucky...
icon_smile.gif
You will still need a Steam account and to be online once, and once only if that's all you want, after midnight tonight, to activate the game. You'll be able to pre-load via Steam and, as per the above, you'll have to wait until RELEASE DAY *trumpets* to play. I.e. 00.01 tomorrow, BST.

Release Timing:
No matter where you've purchased the game from, you will not be able to play it before 00:01 BST. There are no exceptions to this - so while that may be unpopular if your box landed on your doorstep this morning, we are sorry but we thought this way was fairer for everyone than what we've experienced in previous years where some retailers break street date, leaving members of the community who have ordered elsewhere high and dry if their retailer has correctly held the official date. Rejoice in the one-ness you'll have with your FM brothers and sisters the world over.

At midnight, regardless of where you purchased, you'll need to be connected to the Internet and to Steam, at which point you'll download the last part of the game and it will become playable. PLEASE NOTE that it takes approximately half an hour for the code to propagate across all of the Steam servers - some of you *may* experience a slight delay. If you're receiving error messages regarding availability - wait for 5 minutes, restart your computer, and try again. It shouldn't take long.

Patch Information:
I'm informed that the .exe that you download IS different to the demo code - i.e. the clever folk at SI have been working on a few tweaks and updates. At this point, I'm uncertain as to what they are. They always post changelogs to their patches and I'm sure when Miles gets off a plane, train or whatever automobile he is in doing his PR thing, he'll be on here with an update. What I guess that means is that there won't be a "Day One Patch" that you need to wait for - we've provided it prior to launch. What I can't speak for is the need for any further patches and if, or when, they may be made available - again, we need SI to cover that. I also stipulate "guess" - I am not the expert and there may be more info to come from SI. Please don't ask any more, as I don't know about the content - sorry - Miles is already going to tell me off for telling you this, but I'm trying to prevent a long list of posts all asking the same questions. If I don't answer you tomorrow, you'll know why...
winking-smiley-17138.gif

If you've a question that's not answered, please post it here and I'll do my best throughout the day /evening. I'll caveat that by saying this isn't the place to discuss whether you do or don't like Steam, and I will be asking the mods to delete posts that aren't related to the topic to keep it as clear as possible for those with questions that need answering.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

Matt

I thought i'd just inform you all that you actually do have to install via steam, not just activate. I've got my retail copy today (first time I ever get a game early, just my luck, ******* pirates), and went to install. I put my code in on steam and it activated, but when going to install it did it via steam with a pop-up "cannot install as the game is not released" or something.

Unless this is just because it's before release, it seems like you have to install the game through steam even if you have a disc.

I thought i'd just inform you all that you actually do have to install via steam, not just activate. I've got my retail copy today (first time I ever get a game early, just my luck, ******* pirates), and went to install. I put my code in on steam and it activated, but when going to install it did it via steam with a pop-up "cannot install as the game is not released" or something.

Unless this is just because it's before release, it seems like you have to install the game through steam even if you have a disc.

It is exactly because of release. No matter how you have your game, you cant do anything with it until 00:01 onwards

It is exactly because of release. No matter how you have your game, you cant do anything with it until 00:01 onwards

I can see a helluva lot of people who will be doing nothing except staring at the screen and clockwatching from about 9pm lol

I can see a helluva lot of people who will be doing nothing except staring at the screen and clockwatching from about 9pm lol

You should see the many pointless threads on SI, it's like they are crack addicts suffering withdrawl

You should see the many pointless threads on SI, it's like they are crack addicts suffering withdrawl

oh my god lol. And they say World of Warcraft is bad for addiction-may pop over there for a laugh lol.

Back