Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 55K
I don't get how this is going to affect illegal downloads, though. Surely the only difference is that you install it via Steam? Oh, and if you get the game via Steam, is it generally cheaper than a disked version? But will you be able to play it on multiple computers?

There are cheaper versions. Some pre-orders I've seen for £24.99. But the good thing about the Steam version is, unlike some shops I've bought games from, you won't have missing bits-like activation codes.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Sounds like another reason to use steam activation so people can't buy the game second hand.

Actually the more I think about it, there was a similar activation system with Half Life. Basically once it was activated-that was it. No second hand usage

So people won't be able to sell the game on ebay now once they've played it?

You could make a separate steam account to activate it on and then sell the steam account if you wanted to sell the game

I use steam so won't affect me at all :) Although on release day the steam servers could crash under the heavy load :/ better make sure I preload it ;)

You could make a separate steam account to activate it on and then sell the steam account if you wanted to sell the game

I use steam so won't affect me at all :) Although on release day the steam servers could crash under the heavy load :/ better make sure I preload it ;)
domy think that will work because activation code for game cannot be used in 2 seperate acconts i think.

I've downloaded loads of stuff illegally probably because i'm a bad person and don't really care about anybody else other than myself but i would never download a game illegally, don't really know why but mainly because it seems to complicated...

domy think that will work because activation code for game cannot be used in 2 seperate acconts i think.

no. You make a separate steam account for you to activate this FM on and play it as much as you want then if you want to sell it you sell the steam account on ebay. You then no longer have access to play FM

no. You make a separate steam account for you to activate this FM on and play it as much as you want then if you want to sell it you sell the steam account on ebay. You then no longer have access to play FM
oh thought that was not aloud my bad!

oh thought that was not aloud my bad!

I don't think it is but its a way of possibly getting the game cheaper. I'll buy it and link it to my current steam account as I have no plans of selling it ;)

I don't think it is but its a way of possibly getting the game cheaper. I'll buy it and link it to my current steam account as I have no plans of selling it ;)
whats your thoughts on steam mate i love it personally have always used it cant understand the haters!?

whats your thoughts on steam mate i love it personally have always used it cant understand the haters!?

I've never really had any problems with steam. Got loads of games on it and find it very useful.

Who in their right mind would sell FM?

Only people who cannot appreciate the incredible awesomeness that is FM

I completely understand their decision to do this. However, I have a 10 Gb download limit on my internet so the initial download of Steam (after looking on their site) is probably going to mean I'm over the download limit by the end of the month. :(

My other problem is that now I will have another password to remember.:(

Quick question: when I set it to offline mode, will it only go online when I sign in? (as opposed to whenever I go online whilst I am playing FM) this is also one of my concerns considering the limitations of my internet.

People who doesn't have any internet are living in the last century.

It's not Call of Duty or Battlefield we are dealing with here :P Think they'll be able to handle it. They should. If it should be hard to download, then you could always use an Asian server. I did that when installing Empire: Total War on release date. I had to download 12 gigs though, so it still took hours to download :D

Last edited:
Hmmmm. On the sale of FM 2012 (top of the page) it says that it can be played on multiple computers. Or is that only available if you download it?

It crashed on steam either last year or the year before. I remember the pirates where playing it while us legitimate steam buyers had to wait till they fixed their ****.

I completely understand their decision to do this. However, I have a 10 Gb download limit on my internet so the initial download of Steam (after looking on their site) is probably going to mean I'm over the download limit by the end of the month. :(

My other problem is that now I will have another password to remember.:(

Quick question: when I set it to offline mode, will it only go online when I sign in? (as opposed to whenever I go online whilst I am playing FM) this is also one of my concerns considering the limitations of my internet.

you dont have to download it with steam, just activate it with steam

It will take a few days to see a Non steam version of the game fully cracked, lol.

Anyway, there are only two good things about steam that are considered good:

- the possibility of downloading your games at any time you want
- the update process for games

The rest, excuse me, but why in **** did Duke Nukem Forever came with a DVD version and while installing, it connected to steam to download 6 gigabytes of ****? Steam most of the times...is ****.

It will take a few days to see a Non steam version of the game fully cracked, lol.

Anyway, there are only two good things about steam that are considered good:

- the possibility of downloading your games at any time you want
- the update process for games

The rest, excuse me, but why in **** did Duke Nukem Forever came with a DVD version and while installing, it connected to steam to download 6 gigabytes of ****? Steam most of the times...is ****.

u could be right, but i have seen that the best one come out after a months release. (not for fm, but for other games)

fifa 12 and pes12 just got relsesead yesterday , sept. 27 in north america, and already today the cracked versions are out. LOL
(btw, i didnt download them, i just when for sight seeing :P )

Back