Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 55K
You pay for the privilege to play it. You don't 'own' the game but the right to play the game, they don't have to sell it to you.

So whining about having to wait for a day to use it is pointless, and by all means petulant and childish, at the end of the day, it is a game, not an organ transplant.

You missed my point by a mile, I'm not complaining about the wait or anything like it, my point is that I used to share my games when I got them in old fashioned CDs, as I 'owned' my own copy of the game, which is something I now can't do. I couldn't care less about waiting.

//Edit - Congratz ajt, although I fear you'll have to do the dishes and the laundry now.

Last edited:
You missed my point by a mile, I'm not complaining about the wait or anything like it, my point is that I used to share my games when I got them in old fashioned CDs, as I 'owned' my own copy of the game, which is something I now can't do. I couldn't care less about waiting.

Know what I miss? Just having all the files on a CD and copying them into a file on your computer. No installers, just copying. :(

Know what I miss? Just having all the files on a CD and copying them into a file on your computer. No installers, just copying. :(

Last time I did that was with a game called 'Gorillas' and it was gifted to me in a good old floppy disk.

Gosh I feel old.

Last time I did that was with a game called 'Gorillas' and it was gifted to me in a good old floppy disk.

Gosh I feel old.

Christ that's a while back. Used them all the time on the old Apple 2. Then "upgraded" to tape deck on Commodore 64 lol

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

//Edit - Congratz ajt, although I fear you'll have to do the dishes and the laundry now.

Was indeed part of the haggling lol

Christ that's a while back. Used them all the time on the old Apple 2. Then "upgraded" to tape deck on Commodore 64 lol

Was that before or after they had invented the train? ;)

I used it on my uncle's old rig wich ran on DOS. I then had a PII between '98 and '05, when I got my hands on a PIV, which I used till I got this beauty last year.

Shouldn't have mentioned that game, getting nostalgic now. Lost the disk, and even if I had it it'd be of no use.

Anyone order the game with Gamestation? My copy arrived today but when I pre-ordered the game I'm sure it said I got a game called The Blizzard with it, if so I haven't.

It's still down to the distributor to do what they want with their product. If they feel the need to make it single person use, which the basically have, then it's their decision, I admit, last year I gave my brother the disk version I had so he could play it, but he doesn't have the time to justify spending £30. It's a bit of a bummer, but if it means the company makes more money and is able to put more resources into the D'n'D of the next FM, then I can't complain.

Apologies on misunderstanding your prior point.

Whats the betting on the Steam servers crashing at midnight? I will be annoyed

It's still down to the distributor to do what they want with their product. If they feel the need to make it single person use, which the basically have, then it's their decision, I admit, last year I gave my brother the disk version I had so he could play it, but he doesn't have the time to justify spending £30. It's a bit of a bummer, but if it means the company makes more money and is able to put more resources into the D'n'D of the next FM, then I can't complain.

Apologies on misunderstanding your prior point.

No worries mate.

And I know it's their call so there isn't much I can do about it, but considering FM is worth about 10% of an average monthly salary sharing a CD was a cheap and 'legal-ish' alternative.

To anyone who has the disc. There is NO point in pre loading, there is no advantage in it. Just wait till 00:01

To anyone who has the disc. There is NO point in pre loading, there is no advantage in it. Just wait till 00:01

Tell that to the muppets on the SI threads lol. You were right earlier. Never seen such ridiculous stuff said. Just had to laugh. Some of the people were going way OTT.

the only people activations like this harm are people that don't want to use steam

it won't stop piracy, and i would wager it will be cracked within a week.

Tell that to the muppets on the SI threads lol. You were right earlier. Never seen such ridiculous stuff said. Just had to laugh. Some of the people were going way OTT.

Utterly ridiculous. General Dicussion over there has become a shambles, never more so than today

Also the game has been patched: Matt

Patch Information:
I'm informed that the .exe that you download IS different to the demo code - i.e. the clever folk at SI have been working on a few tweaks and updates. At this point, I'm uncertain as to what they are. They always post changelogs to their patches and I'm sure when Miles gets off a plane, train or whatever automobile he is in doing his PR thing, he'll be on here with an update. What I guess that means is that there won't be a "Day One Patch" that you need to wait for - we've provided it prior to launch. What I can't speak for is the need for any further patches and if, or when, they may be made available - again, we need SI to cover that. I also stipulate "guess" - I am not the expert and there may be more info to come from SI. Please don't ask any more, as I don't know about the content - sorry - Miles is already going to tell me off for telling you this, but I'm trying to prevent a long list of posts all asking the same questions. If I don't answer you tomorrow, you'll know why...
winking-smiley-17138.gif

Once the changelist is up i will post it here

the only people activations like this harm are people that don't want to use steam

They don't have to though. Just have to activate it, then they can play offline. It's that straightforward. Just use it once, then that's it. I honestly don't see the problem at all.

No but it will delay zero day piracy, which has the biggest effect on sales

If people dont want to use steam, tough thats the way it is

Back