Football Manager 2012 Activation

• Thread starter Thread starter CtPauley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 363
  • Views Views 55K

you can have skins and the like. IIRC you need to be online to download patches ( but you need to have internet to get patches anyway), you just switch it to online mode and it will do it automatically then you can switch it back to offline mode

Eh, then i'll buy at shop and active it use steam? I don't think it'll stop piracy

Yes, just buy it at a shop, then you activate it via steam, and then never have to use steam online again if you really don't want to.

It won't completely stop piracy, but it is a step in the right direction to help prevent it.

Oh it did, After a week after installing steam my computer suddenly stops booting. This has happened TWICE.

As long as they are going to steal it, we want them to steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade.

—Bill Gates

Like he said, SI are potentially losing future customers here. But then again they'll make more with the piraters now buying it.

Oh it did, After a week after installing steam my computer suddenly stops booting. This has happened TWICE.

And you never used your PC at all in that week after you installed Steam?

Correlation != Causation

Mike summed it up at the start about the way people are going on about it on SI, only used it for 09 and recently Civ V, so can't say much about how reliable it is after a lot of use but it appears that most FMers I know use it, and it's a common PC game thing now, so while there may be problems it seems to be alright most of the time for it to still be a part of FM for a majority of players over the past couple of years. Hardly a radical step for a PC game publisher to take, and not that much extra to have to do to play.

I did. But anyway I'll just stick FM 2011 with hopefully a nice 2012 update

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

fs. Now I'm going to have to pay for FM :(

oh DEAR! Dirty Pirate :O

I really can't understand the Steam hate. I've downloaded over 50 games from them, and had absolutely no problems whatsoever. And with some games I'm getting a free update to a new one. And the autoupdating feature saves a lot of hassle, and the achievements are a great idea. So....whats the ish?

I did. But anyway I'll just stick FM 2011 with hopefully a nice 2012 update

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

oh DEAR! Dirty Pirate :O

I lol at this, how exactly do you know it was steam? especially since you used your laptop for a week after you installed it.

I take it you do the same as me and my bru. Go halves, then one uses disc, one uses steam.

Both can use Steam. You can turn on FM, get off your steam and then put it on a different PC, turn on FM on that and it still works.

No need for the disc.

Back