Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i have played 2,5 season with Gunners now.

No signings for the first season.

After the first season i let Diaby,Squillaqi,Bentnder,Vela,Wellington SIlva,Denilson,Santos go.

Bought in Aly Cissokho and Martin Kelly

After second season i let Djorou, Mertesacker, roscicky, ryo and Chamakh go

Bought in Gameiro, Griezzman and Sakho!

First season 1 in PL and silver in CL

Second season 2place in PL

halway in to the third and i am ledding the PL with 8 points!

I won EPL first 2 seasons and was rewarded with...... a transfer kitty of 10m. Furious as sp*rs are out spending me every year and apparently we're the 3rd richest club in world! Need to get rid of Park, diaby, mertesacker.

1st season got M'villa, muamba (honestly he has been great) and loads of kids.

2nd season, Hummels, tevez (for 8million!) ljalic (not great so far) and Pedro on loan.

I spent the rest on kids (i am arsenal after all)- Just wish I had enough for Gotze or Schurrle............ But board won't budge- any ideas?

so did joel get wp or not ?

No because he is awful and cost to much to release.

Also Hazard is an assist machine! sets up nearly all my goals with RVP/Vela scoring them <3

Sitting 5th After 7games, cavani and RVP got injured in the first match again bolton where i won 3-0 and they both was rules out for crucial games against united (lost 2-1) and spurs (lost 1-0)

View attachment 202475View attachment 202477View attachment 202478View attachment 202479View attachment 202480View attachment 202481View attachment 202482View attachment 202483View attachment 202484 here are screenshots wich i told zou that i will post...as you see almost every corner is vermaelens goal :D about chamakh he is maybe for target man but i play him as complete forward and he keeping scoring....i buyed just hamsik,vrsaljko,de silvestri,mandada and some young guy from bayern...and i sold almunia, others are great and awesome for now :D...and RVP is injured if not he is best as winger because he know how to asist :D

Also Hazard is an assist machine! sets up nearly all my goals with RVP/Vela scoring them <3

Vela scoring? Where did all the realism go...

Vela scoring? Where did all the realism go...

its the same as last year in fm 11. he is actualy good, just that he doesnt get much playing time, and there is to many LW's last year in the squad (when i was playing arsenal last year).

ohh u lucky ******* ;) jk.

Lillie wont negotiate with me, sigh, guess i ahve to wait like for a bit long to get him . said that, ryo is already my favourite player.

i also manage to get the most out of park to. i just let him after his contract ended(and for his Military service)

Sure, he's good in FM, but he's **** IRL, shouldn't be good/decent ingame.

Sure, he's good in FM, but he's **** IRL, shouldn't be good/decent ingame.

and thats why we have the Over-rated and under rated player thread. remember how kinajar(spurs) is a ******* beast ingame, but not IRL XD

You mean Kranjcar? He's good IRL, maybe a tad overrated, but not a bad player. Certainly not as bad as Vela. Gomes is the most OR player, though.

I started my Arsenal save in Demo completed a full preseason Pre-season. Ryo was the best player in pre season followed by RVP. Got papadopoulous from schalke for 10m, M'vila for 15m seemed very unrealastic.....thus started all over again after getting new game.
Just reached end of november. seems to be doing well.
Bought muller for $70m with 35m being paid over 48 months.
aimar for 4.5m from benfica.
mario a young RB from villareal for 12m.
It was very pleasing watching RvP and muller playing in the same team, both among my personal favourites.
and then the disaster strucks.....
first Ryo injured out for 4 months and then RVP OUT INJURED FOR 6 MONTHS.
even the thought of depending on chamakh and park for next 6 months was frightening
Hence sold chamakh for 11 and replaced him with petric for 8m, and in first start even he injured himself, and was out for 3 months.
Despite all this, I was top of table until middle of november. now at second place only a point below first placed ManU.
But honestly i was luck in terms of fixtures until now.
Among the big teams I only played pool away and city away.
won at 3-1 at pool but drew 2-2 with city. in this match i was leading 2-0 until 80th minute and then arteta missed a penalty and then they came back into game.
Top of group in ucl, but out of carling cup (didn't really want to compete in it, was playing with kids).
only lost two games until now and both at home, lost to blackburn 0-1 and to cska moskow 0-2.
but team is going to get more stronger now, Ryo is almost back, Petric has started finding his feets in PL, scored some crucial goals already.
RvP and Wilshere are just a month or a couple away.

FM has continually overrated Vela, Bendtner, Chamakh, and most of all Arshavin in the last couple of editions including this one. Like Calum said, stick Vela as a poacher and he is insane.

Read my Arsenal Story In The Story Thread ( only in pre season btw )

played 3 won 3 so far

Reminiscent bad Goal keeping.

Almulia against wba (@0:36)

[video=youtube;239W4MBJods]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=239W4MBJods[/video]

and now Wojo against WBA

[video=youtube;PTEod3Xq3y4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEod3Xq3y4[/video]

*FACEPALM* SMH

Hi, my Arsenal question
playing 4-2-3-1 with 2 IFs 3/12
ter Stegen :)
Gibbs-Sakho (great buy I think/17,5M+ParkChuY in Jan)/Kara-Vermaelen/gr8 reg(16) from Rosenborg-Sagna/Vrsajlko/De Vrij
Song(plays wherever I need)

Rodwell (love to bring him-17,5M)-Ramsey/Shelvey(ex for Chamakh-dont know, if I could get him cheaper, and played him first half as an AMC-quite good, got him just for a back up, and lets see, *** says he could be a key player...)

Hazard (17,5M after unsettled in Nov :)))))/Ljaljic (just for that price 9,5M-so far plays quite good as AML with some Gs and assists)
Wishere is back:)))-J Rodriguez(10,5M from Porto, 3 month inj)- Walcott
RvP/Sanogo/Paloschi(just for that price)

I try to get Gotze and Neymar, Lucas is unsettled (go for him as backup for all three mentioned?), so lets see, probably Alaba as he seems to be much better than Shelvey for MCR
my question: which formation should I play, with all 3 AMC(Hazard, Gotze, Wilshere) or 2 IFs with a poacher or complete F(like now RvP), with short/wide passing, outplaying defence...

I have already signed a lot of other youngsters, who will come in summer, should I go even for Babacar(15M)? or Tevez? Balottelli?...

Status
Not open for further replies.