Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started one with Arsenal.. Spent all my money already lol. Managed to get Cahill for £15m and also bought Neymar to partner RVP!! Started well..Neymar scored 4 in the champs league qualifier and 4 in 3 in the league.
Szczesny
Sagna Vermaelen Cahill Santos

Walcott Artera Song/Ramsey Gervinho

Van Persie

Neymar

Fabianski
Mertesacker
Benayoun
Arshavin
Rosicky
Oxlade Chamberlain
Myaichi
Chamakh

And of course Wilshire as soon as he's fit!

Get Eden Hazard!! I sold Gervinho my third season, he gave me one good season, then got injured, sucked from then on.

Sooo screenshots!!

This is my budget in the January transfer window. Selling Arsenal's extra players does this.
Budget.png

Wilshere
Wilshere.png

Costa (was about to sell him but he suddenly had a amazing period of growth)
Costa-1.png

Why do I keep saying buy Hazard?
His attributes maxed:
Hazard.png

His contributions:
Hazard1.png

Other than Vermaelen, I consider Arsenal's defense to be dismal. Now into my third season and finally put together a solid defense team, below is just Kyriakos but I also have Rafael Toloi and Danny Wilson. I sold Vermaelen when he turned 29 because he was already on the decline and slow defenders in EPL just don't cut it.
Kyriakos.png

This regen has everything that Walcott's missing and more. Great to see him and Walcott at the front together running all over.
Tobanelli.png

Last edited:
Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Santos
Song
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott Gervinho
van Persie

Replaced Koscielny with Mertesacker after Mertesacker gelled with everyone.
Signed:
Andre Ayew- £10.25m OM
Marc Vidal- £1.7m Toulouse
Sime Vrsaljko- £1.1m Dinamo
Yaya Sanogo- £1.9m Auxxere

Possible other signings:
Xherdan Shaqiri- £9m ish Basel
Christian Eriksen- £8.5m Ajax
Marvin Martin- £16m Sochaux-Montbe

Sold:
Almunia
Rosicky
Chamakh​

I have a fully developed Sanogo and he's not good enough against the bigger teams in EPL. I suggest you sell Arteta when he's 29 or 30 to get a hefty fee for another player. Ramsey and Wilshere are more than enough to replace him by your 3rd season. I sold Chamakh much later since he gave me a great season (actually was club's topscorer), it also meant that when I sold him he was worth alot more.

Great job grabbing Sime, by the time I realized I need wingbacks he was already worth too much the trouble.

Out of your remaining players I sold:
Arteta (age 29-30)
Gervinho (28)
Van Persie (30-31)
Vermaelen (29)
Koscielny (25-26)
Mertesacker (2nd season)

Marvin Martin is worth every penny you pay for him. Currently using him on my Milan side as Advanced Playmaker - Attack and team instructions to put him as Playmaker & Target Man. Assists just keep on piling. His first match on team. Italian supercup against Inter overall rating 9.5 he assisted all 5 goals.

Get Eden Hazard!! I sold Gervinho my third season, he gave me one good season, then got injured, sucked from then on.

I had a bid accepted for him! I was in talks with Neymar and had bids accepted for Hazard and Goucuff (Both for around 40-45m each) but obviously could only get the one so went for Neymar who's been a massive hit! Scored loads already. But Hazard will be my next big money target deffinately once I trim the squad down, possibly get rid of Rosicky and maybe Arshavin?? And I bought back suuuper Robert Pires...lol random one but he was free and only wanted 3k a week....only for backup/rotation but why not? Fans still love him!

I had a bid accepted for him! I was in talks with Neymar and had bids accepted for Hazard and Goucuff (Both for around 40-45m each) but obviously could only get the one so went for Neymar who's been a massive hit! Scored loads already. But Hazard will be my next big money target deffinately once I trim the squad down, possibly get rid of Rosicky and maybe Arshavin?? And I bought back suuuper Robert Pires...lol random one but he was free and only wanted 3k a week....only for backup/rotation but why not? Fans still love him!

"Board Set Initial Budget

The board has set the initial wage budget for the coming season at £1.5M p/w and the transfer budget at £99.5M"

Third season in charge, a 3rd Premier league in a row. (Lost 5 times though!) Sold Vela and Gibbs, bought two Rowley kids. Lost to Spurs in the FA cup. Won the Super Cup, and Club World Championship. Best achievement?

View attachment 205731

Back to back Champions League!

View attachment 205732

This game gave me a heart-attack.

Onto the new season, signed M'Vila on a free and two more Rowley kids. Sold Vermaelen. :( RVP announced that he'll retire next season. :( (Last two seasons he's been poor...) So my young squad will need to perform now!

4th season and I won everything. Won the league with 98 points. Won the FA cup, Super Cup, CWC and the Champions league for the third time in a row! (Beating my old club Porto in the final. :() RVP ended his final game inured. >_>

In my final year at Arsenal, don't know if I want to keep going, or move to Spain...

View attachment 206154

VVVVVVVV
View attachment 206155:p

My Arsenal First Team Line-up

Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - santos

--
- Arteta - Song
Gervinho Arshavin

Walcott -- van Persie

buy Mattias johansson 550k RB replacement for Sanga

(A)
few questions before actually starting it (had a look at the squad and some new stuff at the beginning):

- Arshavin is löoking to surpass his IRL quality in this version. But as he's cleary getting on, would you keep him or sell? (i'm leaning towards keeping ATM)
- are Bendtner, Vela, Squillaci (injury) and Mannone transferrable (which price)?
- do we need another left-back? If not, would you play full-backs or wing-backs (also Sagna)?
- agreed with everyone who suggest to sell Rosicky, but... While Wilshere is out, he may be useful squad player plus he is used to be a very good tutor.

its like making nasri at amc, which he is never good at. so nope. im keep Kos at cb
M

what about Mattias Johansson (19 years old ,550k , RB) or Botelho currently loanout and Sanga swith into new LB

Status
Not open for further replies.