Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,

Just wanna share my Arsenal tactical analysis.
[FM12] The 2011-2012 Arsenal Formation

I break my personal FM record with this :D
arsenalvblackburnstatsm.png

arsenalvblackburnanalys.png

Arsenal 4-0 Blackburn = 803 passes, 83% possession, 94% pass completion.

#COYG

Last edited:
After 5 trophy filled seasons as Arsenal, I feel like I've cheated...

Honours: League (2) Champions lge (2) F.A (3) League cup (3) World Club (2)

Even though I am very happy with the success, the players I have bought and let go is, in one word, RIDICULOUS

Ridiculous players in: Aguero, Hazard, Balotelli, Neymar, Busquets

Ridiculous players in & then out: Benzema, Hamsik

Realistic players in: Rodwell, P.Jones, Douglas Costa, G.Cahill, K.Walker, L.Baines, C.Fierro, Fabio

Guilty releases: Yaya Sanogo, Ramsey, Song, Koscielny, Walcott, Gervinho

Players should have bought when available: Kadlec, Romario, Guilherme, D.Sturridge

As seen, the first 2 rows are unrealistic... I should never be able to buy such outrageous players (tbh they were VERY expensive)

I have purchased 20 players @ £220+ million (OMG!!!)
shock.gif

Even though its a bit of a fantasy line-up, I cannot help but think about building through youth and inspirational purchases rather then MEGA buys!!!

I may just be having an 'FM crisis' but I'm in a predicament atm...

I could easily buy gotze if I wanted but again... 35+ million
sad.gif

I may start a new arsenal save or, just continue 'glory-hunting'

But, saying that, it is nice to buy top players unlike Arsene who can perform straight away...

The top signings have been earned and I have fantastic youth coming through... i.e. C.Fierro, Chamberlain & Frimpong...

But, I still feel guilty about not sticking/buying the really top young crop of players that were available.... i.e. yaya sanogo who is so talented , but couldn't get a game
cry.gif

The joys of management!!!

After 5 seasons with my "cheat" save, I was buying players at astronomical prices and not "enjoying" the game as much...

Don't get me wrong... I loved buying the "fantasy players" and bringing up some youth but, I let go of some real talents for the sake of established stars... i.e. In: Aguero Out: Sanogo
cry.gif

The aim is to spend 12-16m MAX on 1 player per season... i.e. that will be my marquee signing for the season...

This, for me is more realistic and gives a more personal gain when winning trophies... (Read last thread for a summary)
geek.gif

With excitement and sceptism, I have bought some real gems (more then the 1st save) and steered clear of MEGA signings...

Those signings have been:

G.Cahill (CB), D.Costa (AM) (read my thread on him, had to buy him
wub.gif
), Kadlec (AM) (missed out on him before, so really excited about him
devil.gif
)
, Crisetig (CM), Fierro (CF) (signed for next season) & Sanogo (CF)

The full cost was UNDER £32 MILLION!!!

Trying to get Guilherme (GK) & Denilson (RB) but having work permit issues
xd.gif

I have no intention of EVER letting these players go as they are gonna light up the game + the youth of ryo, chamberlain & frimpong (beast
tongue.gif
)

It was quite fulfilling when I (atm
wink.gif
) turned down the chance to sign hazard, hamsik & balotelli (ALL AGAIN!!!
grin.gif
)

I am much more excited as it is a challenge to avoid £20m+ signing but I am gonna be as arsenal-esque as possible (lol)

P.S. I am still keeping my "cheat" save if I want to live the fantasy again
devil.gif

You sold the BEAST :O:'(
sanga right.

but i mean i cant help it. big teams wanted him. ;( and he was kinda unhappy when i rejected their offers.

but i have another save, with him still there. :)

He works well for me as a Complete Forward with Attack duty. Him and Cavani (Poacher) rip apart defences for fun. There's still some miscommunication between the two, but together they've scored 90 goals and assisted 45. Cavani's overtaken Henrys goalscoring record.

After 5 seasons with my "cheat" save, I was buying players at astronomical prices and not "enjoying" the game as much...

Don't get me wrong... I loved buying the "fantasy players" and bringing up some youth but, I let go of some real talents for the sake of established stars... i.e. In: Aguero Out: Sanogo
cry.gif

The aim is to spend 12-16m MAX on 1 player per season... i.e. that will be my marquee signing for the season...

This, for me is more realistic and gives a more personal gain when winning trophies... (Read last thread for a summary)
geek.gif

With excitement and sceptism, I have bought some real gems (more then the 1st save) and steered clear of MEGA signings...

Those signings have been:

G.Cahill (CB), D.Costa (AM) (read my thread on him, had to buy him
wub.gif
), Kadlec (AM) (missed out on him before, so really excited about him
devil.gif
)
, Crisetig (CM), Fierro (CF) (signed for next season) & Sanogo (CF)

The full cost was UNDER £32 MILLION!!!

Trying to get Guilherme (GK) & Denilson (RB) but having work permit issues
xd.gif

I have no intention of EVER letting these players go as they are gonna light up the game + the youth of ryo, chamberlain & frimpong (beast
tongue.gif
)

It was quite fulfilling when I (atm
wink.gif
) turned down the chance to sign hazard, hamsik & balotelli (ALL AGAIN!!!
grin.gif
)

I am much more excited as it is a challenge to avoid £20m+ signing but I am gonna be as arsenal-esque as possible (lol)

P.S. I am still keeping my "cheat" save if I want to live the fantasy again
devil.gif

FM11 I did 6 years with arsenal. Won everything atleast once and max I spent was £10.5m on a single player, on Pastore. All my players just came from youth.

FM12, I'm 2 seasons in and I just couldn't resist doing a big signing. Got Willian from Shakhtar £4.3m. That's it for the season for me.

FM11 I did 6 years with arsenal. Won everything atleast once and max I spent was £10.5m on a single player, on Pastore. All my players just came from youth.

FM12, I'm 2 seasons in and I just couldn't resist doing a big signing. Got Willian from Shakhtar £4.3m. That's it for the season for me.

This after just a season winning the domestic treble...

This gives me great satisfaction because, as you can see... I have spent really well while selling at a profit...

The budget is amazing as well... £100+ million!!!
grin.gif

I will not succumb to temptation (might as well continue my last save!)

However, my rivals have strengthened:

Spurs (Cavani), Man.City (hazard, subotic) , Liverpool (Hamsik)

Even fulham got micah richards & erikssen
shock.gif

I have kept denilson & vela in my squad from loan (like new signings)

Cannot wait for the new season to see the talent flourish
wub.gif

Anyone here's been playing until Henry's retirement? Would he become a coach?

I just wondering to make him be my assistant replace Pat Rice. Ive got Parlour & Winterburn on my staff list now. And waiting for Pires, Ljungberg, and Henry. :)

is this the hardest team to play in fm12 by a mile.

seriously though, nothing is going right even after fixing the squad or even after a string of wins. im 4-1 up by half time against spurs, and then bang i lose 5-4 by FT thanks to the greasily man (adebayor's) goal right to the very end .

sigh. its gonna be a long trip. 10 points behind ManU atm (mid december), and i think i have to settle with that. :(

is this the hardest team to play in fm12 by a mile.

seriously though, nothing is going right even after fixing the squad or even after a string of wins. im 4-1 up by half time against spurs, and then bang i lose 5-4 by FT thanks to the greasily man (adebayor's) goal right to the very end .

sigh. its gonna be a long trip. 10 points behind ManU atm (mid december), and i think i have to settle with that. :(

This is the reason I haven't done a proper Arsenal save as yet. It's just not the same in FM terms without Fabregas and Nasri. But keep going and I'm sure you'll start winning things. :)

doing well now atm. beat Chelsea on boxing day, and ManUtd. on new years eve day. thus has been a good 1st season so far. 7 points away form leaders ManUtd, sigh. well i just have to keep wining.

and the winter transfer window is open. brought in a winger marko marin to replace the aging arsavhin. others were expensive as **** ;). and im thinking of buying a cb since djouruo is no close to the XI. squillaic is on loan at wba, and Kos is fine, but has been poor recently. per merts and vermallen make of the back four, with gibs and sanga on the full backs.

i have scouted viable players and i have come to this conclusion. its down to Jan Vertonghen or Nicolás Otamendi. Jan V. is priced at 7.5m, while Otamendi is price at his release clause of 13m. my budget atm is 17m.

and yeah just for the shock and lols XD

View attachment 212350View attachment 212351

This is the reason I haven't done a proper Arsenal save as yet. It's just not the same in FM terms without Fabregas and Nasri. But keep going and I'm sure you'll start winning things. :)

and underlining the fact that ur in the title challenge scenario too. too much pressure right from the beginning. imagine how arsene survived this adversity in the early stages of this season.

nearly ending january, and im making great proggess as usual. ;)

brought in marko marin, jan vertogen, and edison canvani. ;) now im BEAST. up for the challenge into the title race. haha

any tip on how to get the best of canvani ??

In another life I trained cavani to be a Treq, and I put him as a target striker along with another treq RVP/Aguero. And all of them managed to get a average rating after a year around 7.8-8.15. These three are my favourite. Though chamakh do well in that positon too, although he is a bit inconsistent which lower his average rating was like 7.6 but I actually trained/put him as a target man.Just wanted to share my experience with Arsenal. :D (Have never play with another teams actually :))Got treble Premier/FA/Champions in my first season. Yay!Manage to beat A.Villa in the FA final 3-1 after struggling against city (2-2, won by penalty) in the semifinal.Manage to beat Barcelona 3-0 in the final (still amazed too) with RVP, Willian (from Shakhtar), Arshavin, Wilshere+Ramsey, Fellaini, Gibbs, Verm, Kosc, Sagna, and Adler. RVP scored twice, almost made a hattrick, but missed a penalty. He also did assist for Verm from the corner.1st year signing was: Douglas Costa for $17.5mil, Vrsajlko for $2mil, Willian for $12.5mil. Yay.Then during the january transfer i got : Adler (the deal was on october, got him for like $20mil which was weird. Probably bcs he was injured for like 4 months, but he was unwilling to sign more than a year contract, it was risky). Aguero for $60 mil. Fellaini for $30mil. Ansaldi for $16.5mil and Stepanenko for $4.5mil. Total bill spent was $155mil for everybody.Sold players were Almunia, Djourou, Park Chu Young, Rosicky, Frimpong, Arteta, Watt, Total income from sold players was $70mil. Most came from Chamakh(Made him superstars, was my topscorer during my first half season) + Arteta = $45mil.Premier League was 30 wins, 5 draws, and 3 loses. Score 111 goals and allows 22. United came second and city came third.About to start my second season. Already bought Cavani, Hamsik, and Jose Angel; spent $100mil. Sold Andre santos, diaby, arshavin. Total income $45milSo far great pre-season. beat city 4-0, atletico madrid 1-0, real madrid 4-1, and beat Vancouver 5-0, NY 6-1, Seattle 5-0 in north america tour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.