Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already have enough talent, shinji ikari is excess talent really, at best he's 3 to 3 1/2 stars while erkiseen, wilshere, ramsey and hamsik are all 4 star minimum!

You already have enough talent, shinji ikari is excess talent really, at best he's 3 to 3 1/2 stars while erkiseen, wilshere, ramsey and hamsik are all 4 star minimum!

yeah true. but eriksen and ramsey are 4, while hamsik adn jack are 3.5. stars.

i wont by him, cus midfield atm, is great.

amazing transfer window. stevan jovetic sign a new contract, but then his release clause was set to 12.25m. (6)

im in for that player. great STUFF !!!

Thought this would be the best place to ask instead of making a thread.

How do you get the best out of RVP? I've tried two different saves; one where he was an AMC set to trequartista behind Walcott and another when he is alongside Chamakh as a complete forward. Both times he gets lowly average scores and chips in with assists but never scores goals himself.
Where do you guys put him?

edit: plus, whenever you ask him to try harder or improve his performances, he says he's playing fine the cheeky git!
I use VP as a complete forward but i edit his 'player instructions' so that he drops deep and helps build up play, he also assists more this way by playing through balls.
View attachment 214235 View attachment 214236

give it a try, For me he also takes the Right side corner set at 6 Yard Box

Started a new career as Arsenal, my previous save was good won everything in second season much thanks to Nicklas Bendtner
View attachment 214237
I signed new players Hazard and Hulk for a Huge amount over 35mil which i have never done before, im like Wenger in the transfer market, Anyway Hulk has been dissapointing not scoring enough and wasting way too many chances Bendtner is now injured for whole season just won the Club World Cup and knocked out at quarter final of Carling Cup against West Brom, (i fielded my young gunners) underestimated the opposition. Things were not looking pretty many players unhappy.

SO NOW I HAVE A NEW START

here is my season so far, IN SCREENSHOTS :)
I use a formation system of 4-3-2-1 which i alternate to counter specific threats during difficult games or if a player gets sent off, I Created the formation myself which is very successful, i like to dominate possession which is what happens EVERY game.

View attachment 214238View attachment 214239View attachment 214240View attachment 214241View attachment 214242

View attachment 214243 Man city game. A very proud moment, highlight of my season. well that and beating AC milan 6-2 in Champions League Group Stage:D

Just some evidence of my tactic against wigan in terms of possession
View attachment 214245View attachment 214246

Last edited:
Early in my second season with Arsenal, Gervhino out for half the season with a broken foot, Jack Rodwell out for early portion of the season (month 'n half) with a thigh strain, but Damaio has been stellar for me! :) My rotation of young mid-fielders and defence keeps my team in solid shape throughout the season (youngest team at 23.88 years old!)

can't wait till the return of the prodigal son Wilshere!!!

I wouldn't build up his return, In both my run throughs he has bee Average at best. Ramsey always out scores him in match rating ramsey sits on 7.12 seson average an ***** on 6.89

Last edited:
^ speak for yourself. whilst my assistant manager always raves on about how much Ramsey is improving in training, wilshere as an AMC with AP role has bagged 21 assists and 17 goals throughout my second season. bought willian in Jan for £14 million and he's not living up to one of the threads i saw on here sadly :/

EDIT: just been allowed to choose feeder clubs myself. as i want to increase Arsenals profile overseas, any ideas which club i should affiliate with?

thanks

Last edited:
^ speak for yourself. whilst my assistant manager always raves on about how much Ramsey is improving in training, wilshere as an AMC with AP role has bagged 21 assists and 17 goals throughout my second season. bought willian in Jan for £14 million and he's not living up to one of the threads i saw on here sadly :/

EDIT: just been allowed to choose feeder clubs myself. as i want to increase Arsenals profile overseas, any ideas which club i should affiliate with?

thanks

Unlucky. I bagged him for £4 million. Not a world class performer but his age and attributes mean he'll get somewhere one day once he settles in.

I wouldn't build up his return, In both my run throughs he has bee Average at best. Ramsey always out scores him in match rating ramsey sits on 7.12 seson average an ***** on 6.89

Yeah, dunno what your doing wrong there. Just playing basic tactics with some minor tweaks, he's 7.21 in 11 games his first season back from injury, and is now 7.51 through 10 games in his season season! :D

Yeah, dunno what your doing wrong there. Just playing basic tactics with some minor tweaks, he's 7.21 in 11 games his first season back from injury, and is now 7.51 through 10 games in his season season! :D

What tactics are you primarily playing ?

What tactics are you primarily playing ?

I got 3 tactics. I basically take the vanilla tactics and tweak them so they are more attacking oriented.

I employ a 4-5-1 as basic, but attacking as default, a 4-2-3-1 (2 midfielders, 1 AM and 2 wingers and a striker) in attack mode, and a 4-3-2-1 for rotational purposes. I usually play Jack as the AM in the 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-2-1, but will switch him from left/right winger in a 4-5-1.

Ok pretty much my style too, jack has started getting a few 7.0 ratings. I know he has been struggling since his long injury return. Also my first season i suppose i did not give him as much play time as he needed. Second seaon syndrome is setting in on my game anyway and all bar 3 of my players are struggling.

Ok pretty much my style too, jack has started getting a few 7.0 ratings. I know he has been struggling since his long injury return. Also my first season i suppose i did not give him as much play time as he needed. Second seaon syndrome is setting in on my game anyway and all bar 3 of my players are struggling.

That sucks! All my players are having solid seasons (all but 4 of them are below 7.0 rating)

i usually played wilshere as CM (advanced playmaker-attack) and he got 7+ rating in every season... i'm on 2015-2016 season right now and i got messi for free lol...

My second season is really off the rails now, injuries, african nations cup and poor allround displays have last me this campaign of any silverware, i feel really guilty too as i spent big this year.

I was wondering who the best tutors are in the Arsenal team.

I would like to tutor the junior players like Gibbs, Ramsey, (future) Eriksen and Wilshere.

Any advice on who should tutor who? Which talent needs it more?

I'm in the 1st season, transfers are:

IN - Hulk, Fellaini, Afellay and Van der Wiel
OUT - Arshavin, Koscielny and Almunia Mannone

I was wondering who the best tutors are in the Arsenal team.

I would like to tutor the junior players like Gibbs, Ramsey, (future) Eriksen and Wilshere.

Any advice on who should tutor who? Which talent needs it more?

I'm in the 1st season, transfers are:

IN - Hulk, Fellaini, Afellay and Van der Wiel
OUT - Arshavin, Koscielny and Almunia Mannone

for ramsey and wilshere, they just need match experience and 'preferred move' training... in the future they could be better than xavi-iniesta...
for eriksen, rosicky would be good as tutor..
why you let koscielny go? him and vermaelen are monster CBs..
but good luck pal, thumbs up for your good transfers..

Just started a game with Arsenal. Really in doubt on who to buy/sell. They do have some World class players, but according to their stats in FM Wenger really bought some awefull players, which ofc are unsellable at the start of the game (that Korean guy, Santos, Areta).

I though I’d start by selling Rosicky, Djourou, Almunnia, Gibbs and buying M’Villa, Leandro (not really needed but for € 10,5 mln. he’s a steal), a new leftback and a backup rightback. Also need a good, young CB. Up front no further improvements are necessary for now I think, although I’m not sure about Arshavin and his potential replacement Myachi. I probably also need a good solid ‘general’ midfielder, something like a BWM or B2B type of player. Lastly a new GK is also needed.

For left back I’m thinking Cissoko, right back bought Douglas Costa. CB Hummels or the other dortmund guy are a given but since I’ve spent quite a large amount on M’Villa (€ 35 mln. and he’s not even a MC just a DMC) I probably don’t have the budget for them anymore (about € 15 left after Leandro, M’Villa and Douglas Costa) as I also have to get another GK and DL. And that’s leaving out the possiblity of a new creative player (areta will have to do for now as backup for Ramsey).

So to make this long story short, any recommendations for a new GK, MC (BMW/B2B) and CB together for the grand total of € 15 mln. (maybe a bit more but I don’t like to spread payments too much)? Also which talents of Arsenal (Chamberlain, Coqeluin, Myachi) will be good enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.