Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need a new GK, Szceszny is a Top Talent IMO, he's got stats very similar to David De Gea. As for MC, Andrew Ayew for $18mil is a good buy (although he's another advanced playmaker with good tackling). As for the talents, Coqeluin can make the biggest impact if he's trained and given enough 1st team playing time. Chamberlin as well but he'll need alot of micro-management, dunno about Miyachi as I sold him.

Due to accidentally overwriting my initial Arsenal save, it was only natural that I started a new one. Currently in October and in debt XD

Bought Leighton Baines (again as he was so successful last time)m to fill in the Clichy gap, for £15m - that's a third of my budget gone already.
Jordan Ayew (same reason) to be backup to the consistently injured van Persie for £7.5m.
Mario, Villarreal's right-back, bought for backup to Sagna (who will eventually rapid-decline in a few years) and is a potential prospect. Hefty overpaying FTL; £12.5m.
Final signing was Mikel San Jose from Athletic Bilbao. Again, looks good for the future and had to fork out no less than £6.5m for him.

So I spent exactly £41.5m on four players, and guess how many I sold to balance the books... yeah, none. So I'm constantly on -£20,506 on wages per week. FML.

Playing a 4-5-1, didn't buy any central midfielders so brooding Ramsey (and Wilshere when he gets better) and using Arteta in the MC slot too with Song just behind. Coquelin is regularly on the bench and has a few starts too so hopefully he'll turn out to be a good player.

Table: View attachment 215798

Results: View attachment 215797

ohh Mike. tsk. u could have bought sime vrsaljko instead of Mario.
Sime is priced at 1m and he's bad ***.

and great start to the season . :) hope fully u clear ur debt by December/January . lol

ohh Mike. tsk. u could have bought sime vrsaljko instead of Mario.
Sime is priced at 1m and he's bad ***.

and great start to the season . :) hope fully u clear ur debt by December/January . lol

Fancied experimenting but ended up paying about 300% of my initial offer :S

Hopefully, the board aren't shifting in the finance department at the moment but in a couple of months I'm hoping to get rid of a few players (Frimpong, Chamakh, Djourou/Koscielny).

hi guys, bit of a silly question. made keown a coach because in my first save he left to become Mick mccarthy's assistant manager. Now I've placed another scout on next opposition and I don't get the same depth of info on them, especially for top opponents and foreign CL opponents.

Hire a new scout as I think Arsenals scouts are pretty bad. They constantly recommed one or two star players and according to my scouts Vrsajlko is a fairly good player (with the same potential) but everyone here loves him.

Any tips on how to train Coqeluin and Chamberlin? Been using Dunks training, training Coquilin as DM and Camberlin as B2B (but that's just a wild guess).

Hire a new scout as I think Arsenals scouts are pretty bad. They constantly recommed one or two star players and according to my scouts Vrsajlko is a fairly good player (with the same potential) but everyone here loves him.

any ideas what attributes said scout for next opponents needs?..

Just started a new Arsenal game because of Thierry Henry :D

NO!.

Steve Rowley and Franci Cagigo are beast. kambue and gusiken , gilamdi are good fr regoalan scouting. and yeah i think u scouted Vrsajlko with the wrong scout. go scout him with rowley or cagigo, and they should rate him 3.5 stars max

Any tips on how to train Coqeluin and Chamberlin? Been using Dunks training, training Coquilin as DM and Camberlin as B2B (but that's just a wild guess).

for chamo, have someone to tutor him,and as play him in like cup game like he has been doing IRL.

for coqeluin, all he needs is games. as for tutoring him, i have arteta doing it for him.

3rd time doing an arsenal save

3rd time In a row I get Rubin Kazan

:( boooooooooooooooooooooooring surely this cant be a coencidence lol?

3rd time doing an arsenal save

3rd time In a row I get Rubin Kazan

:( boooooooooooooooooooooooring surely this cant be a coencidence lol?

suck to be u ;)

maybe u had vodka on the night henry scored, so it wont let go of you XD

Henry is doing briliianty filling in for RVP as you will see with the screenie. I am in September 2011 and he is my first choice forward because in August RVP pulled something and is out for 4 months :( so i had to recall Vela as Thierry's backup :)

View attachment 216175

Henry is doing briliianty filling in for RVP as you will see with the screenie. I am in September 2011 and he is my first choice forward because in August RVP pulled something and is out for 4 months :( so i had to recall Vela as Thierry's backup :)

View attachment 216175

how did u get henry. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.