Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, first season. Don't want to play another file as I want to do well with Arsenal.

I am the same just did a 1.5 season wolves save and got sacked :( so i started with arsenal again as in FM12 I haven't won anything yet :(

Got Chelsea in Carling cup semi's so have a good chance in that hopefully and have torquay in FAC and bayer leverkusen in UCL.

Would love to do a cup treble as i have no chance of winning the prem :)

WE WON 3-1 :O :D

Is this the start of a remarkable run?

Alright guys. Just started an Arsenal save and I'm only 5 games into the season and it's already infuriating me. :mad:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...89044-[fm12]-2011-2012-arsenal-formation.html

This is the tactic I decided to go with, and I think it may be the problem. My regular team is this:

Szczesny
Baines - Vermaelen - Mertesacker - Sagna
Arteta - Song
Gervinho - Ramsey - Walcott
RVP

In my first 5 competitive games I have drew 0-0 three times, won 1-0 once and got beaten by Udinese 4-2. :S In each game I was easily averaging over 65% possession and dominating games, and despite this, I never created a single CCC in any of the 5. So before the Udinese game (4-2) I decided to tweak the formation. Made the passing more direct, give the AMC a more direct role and tweaked RVP's instructions too. And as you can see, I scored, but also conceded 4 goals. :mad: I also decided that Ramsey wasn't suited to the AMC role, he played more like a DLP rather than the "David Silva" type role I want my AMC to play. So I tried Arshavin in this role, as his stats looked crazy good :)O), and played him in my other 2 games, which both resulted in 0-0 draws against QPR and Swansea.

So now I'm pretty much out of ideas regarding this tactic and I think I'll just rubbish it out. So what I wanna know is, what tactics have you guys experienced success with? :)

At the start of the season I signed Baines and Vrsaljko. But I was considering bringing in Martin and perhaps Hazard or another winger. Promoted a lot of the youth to the first team and got rid of the usual suspects.

Anyone you would recommend as signings? I don't really think it's my signings that are at fault, most likely the tactic. I really like the passing, possession and dominance it gives but only 3 goals in 5 games and not one single CCC is pretty worrying. XD

Thanks for any help. :)

Last edited:
Alright guys. Just started an Arsenal save and I'm only 5 games into the season and it's already infuriating me. :mad:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2012-tactics-training/89044-%5Bfm12%5D-2011-2012-arsenal-formation.html

This is the tactic I decided to go with, and I think it may be the problem. My regular team is this:

Szczesny
Arteta - Song
RVP

In my first 5 competitive games I have drew 0-0 three times, won 1-0 once and got beaten by Udinese 4-2. :S In each game I was easily averaging over 65% possession and dominating games, and despite this, I never created a single CCC in any of the 5. So before the Udinese game (4-2) I decided to tweak the formation. Made the passing more direct, give the AMC a more direct role and tweaked RVP's instructions too. And as you can see, I scored, but also conceded 4 goals. :mad: I also decided that Ramsey wasn't suited to the AMC role, he played more like a DLP rather than the "David Silva" type role I want my AMC to play. So I tried Arshavin in this role, as his stats looked crazy good :)O), and played him in my other 2 games, which both resulted in 0-0 draws against QPR and Swansea.

So now I'm pretty much out of ideas regarding this tactic and I think I'll just rubbish it out. So what I wanna know is, what tactics have you guys experienced success with? :)

At the start of the season I signed Baines and Vrsaljko. But I was considering bringing in Martin and perhaps Hazard or another winger. Promoted a lot of the youth to the first team and got rid of the usual suspects.

Anyone you would recommend as signings? I don't really think it's my signings that are at fault, most likely the tactic. I really like the passing, possession and dominance it gives but only 3 goals in 5 games and not one single CCC is pretty worrying. XD

possession is key and even though Rambo is there (plus jack when he arrives), u need another one too. marivn martin is good choice, but im not sure u wanna fiddle with spending another 20m, but if u get rid of some dead wood that is. another one is christian erkisen (10m) or these guys. both are beast and just for 1m. f*cking cheap *** ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...terg%E5rd-jenssen-troms%F8-il.html?highlight=

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...erkids/91317-kara-troms%F8-il.html?highlight=

and the next one to consider is to get a new forward, even if chamahk gets u goals, if anything happens to rvp, ur f*cked ;). jordan ayew is just 10m, and his beast ;) other ones to look out for is leandro (9m), mbaye niang(12m), and iker muniain(19m).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...n-ayew-olympique-de-marseille.html?highlight=

and also it will take time to gel them all. so keep patience ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...89044-[fm12]-2011-2012-arsenal-formation.html

Szczesny
Arteta - Song
RVP

possession is key and even though Rambo is there (plus jack when he arrives), u need another one too. marivn martin is good choice, but im not sure u wanna fiddle with spending another 20m, but if u get rid of some dead wood that is. another one is christian erkisen (10m) or these guys.

these both are beast and just for 1m. f*cking cheap *** ;)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...terg%E5rd-jenssen-troms%F8-il.html?highlight=

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...erkids/91317-kara-troms%F8-il.html?highlight=

and the next one to consider is to get a new forward, even if chamahk gets u goals, if anything happens to rvp, ur f*cked ;). jordan ayew is just 10m, and his beast ;) other ones to look out for is leandro (9m), mbaye niang(12m), and iker muniain(19m).

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...n-ayew-olympique-de-marseille.html?highlight=

and also it will take time to gel them all. so keep patience ;)

Sahko decided to goto Juventus on a contract double my worth! ($95,000 p/w vs $190,000)! :( But then I managed to snap up Shinji Kagawa on a free transfer :) My hot prospects are all progressing nicely and Alex Chamberlin has been making reall good progress (12+ in crossing, dribbling, finishing, first touch, technique, majority of mental stats too), having been tutored first by arshavin then then walcott (with some EPL games).

How do you get so much info on player profile page?

That's how it was when I got the game :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

and LOL101 I offered P/E first but they rejected it :)

facing a bit of a dilemma... RVP's contract is coming close to renewal time but his form hasnt been great this season thus far and Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man city have been sniffing around. Tempted to sell him as he is 30>31 and reinvest in Neymar but worried about potential backlash from fans and board.

Any advice? Anyone sold RVP?

I sold him at the end of third season for £40m to Bayern, the club were fine with it, but the fans were devestated. Mbaye Niang was pushing him for a place though, and his form quickly made them forget it. I say go for it, his stats go down pretty quick I found, and Neymar should be more than good enough to replace him.

So you think I should just stick with the formation and wait for them to produce the goods?

2 of four of my goals came from Mertesacker. :/

Thanks for the transfer suggestions, Kara looks like a beast and is perfect back-up to Alex Song.

facing a bit of a dilemma... RVP's contract is coming close to renewal time but his form hasnt been great this season thus far and Barcelona, Real Madrid and Man city have been sniffing around. Tempted to sell him as he is 30>31 and reinvest in Neymar but worried about potential backlash from fans and board.

Any advice? Anyone sold RVP?

its ur choice. i extend his contract when he was 29 yrs old, to like another 5 yrs ;) pretty , much he will retire at teh club.

but u can sell him at 40m, and buy neymar, or if u have mBaye niang , then niang can fill in that spot.

niang plays brilliantly for the reserves and the france under whatevers, but everytime ive given him a run in the first team hes been a huge let down. Yaya Sanogo - another player who is meant to be an excellent prospect - has also failed to shine when given the chance.

not 100% sure what it is im doing wrong

niang plays brilliantly for the reserves and the france under whatevers, but everytime ive given him a run in the first team hes been a huge let down. Yaya Sanogo - another player who is meant to be an excellent prospect - has also failed to shine when given the chance.

not 100% sure what it is im doing wrong

that the same problem bro. i play niang as a super sub, and in cup games. then once he's like 21 or something, i let him lead the line.

Just been handing a 1 match touchline ban :(

As I made comments about the ref after geting beat 3-1 by chelsea in the CC Semi Final 1st leg at emirates

i think my rotation system isnt doing any of my strikers any favours... ive manged 40 goals thus far... and my top scorer is willian with 7

Just suffered another defeat, away at Newcastle. Need just one point out of the final two games (home to Wolves, away at Stoke) to guarantee third place but can't finish higher.

Can't wait until the season ends, I can have a look at all my results and sort things out, get rid of the bad players, complete overhaul I think. I've been told that if I don't beat Wolves then I may well be sacked this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.