Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team's been off to a slow start this year, with only 7 points in 4 games (lost to Liverpool and tied Tottenham at home). I think I blew $32.5mil on Ryad Bouzdebouz (sp) since he came in and injured himself for 3 months! Thankfully getting Shinji Kagawa on a free will make fans forget about that (2 goals in 6 games so far). RVP is also out for 3 months (going to give Alex Chamberlin more first-team since he's progressing nicely), and I just lost Andre Ayew for 2 months! I should be fine with the amount of depth I have, unless more injuries happen to first-teamers and I have to start fielding my up-and-coming youngsters.

Dont waste money, Set Coquelin as Alex's number 2 play him as much as possilbe because he develops very well, in my 3rd season im very comfortable playing either on rotation.

Can anyone tell me how to use Van Persie? I use a 4-2-3-1 formation, with him a Terquartista ufront with Willian behind, Miyaichi to the left and Gervinho/Walcott on the right. He just never seems to perform. 6.2 ratings are common for him and ever since he came back from injuries I've been getting draws. He even cost me my 35 unbeaten streak. :'(

Well, it's safe to say that Jordan Ayew is very hit and miss as he was the season's second worst signing. And guess who was first?

I've had Domenico Criscito on Fifa for quite a while and he's a storming left wing-back on the game, but on FM he's a wing-back, full-back, defender, sweeper... and I couldn't get him to perform at all! Got him for £12m, sold him 6 months later for the same price, heh.

Finished 3rd in the end, won 1 and drew 1.

My Arsenal game has been progressing briljantly. EPL + league cup in the first season, semi's CL. The second season is going quite well too, me and City are 9 points loose from the following pack (Man.U, Chelsea, Everton). Been scoring like crazy, but that isn't so strange as in the january window of the first season I bought Cavani. That guy is totally unreal. Topscorer EPL now with 33 goals in I think 19 matches. Funny thing is Agureo is actually keeping up (27).
However in the first season I conceded the least of the league, now things aren't going that well defensively. Have Mertesacker and Vermalen along with two younger defenders backiing them up (forgot their names, but 3.5 star potential). Mertesacker esp. however plays very bad. I've been trying to get a good defender in the january window but most recommeded defenders are sold to other teams that wont sell them (Hummels, Otamendi, Savic, Bochatelli, Sakho, Papadopoulos) to Man City, Chelsea, Madrid). Been trying some other defenders (Howdes or something) that seem good, but I would end up paying over 30mln for them (euro) which seems too much.
My question is, does anyone have any other defender options and I've been aiming at at least 3,5 star current ability/potential actually ignoring 3 stars defenders. Is this a good choice or do 3 star defenders actually work as well for the big teams?

why does no one play Koscielny?

He is a brilliant CB in this game :D

Koscielny is absolutely awesome, to many people follow the coaches "recommandation" << key is in the word, it's not 100% correct. Mert was a beast on scroing and Defending in my first season, second season is a flop sold him for 500K profit in the end. Bought Jagielka who is amazing. Centre backs four is Vermaelen Vertonghen Jagielka Koscielny.

My Best Signings so Far are, Cavani £30Mill >> Hazard £40Mill >> Sigurdsson £16Mill >> Kagawa(Free) >> Balzeratti £16Mill >>Granero(Free)

View attachment 217848

This is how Van Persie looks on my game (edited him a little bit). Just got offered 95m for him. Should I just accept it, as he's almost 30 and his natural fitness is only 10?

Calum:1331863 said:
When i get round to an Arsenal Save this would be my team

Szczesny

Sagna
Vermaelan
Mertesacker/Vertonghen
Gibbs

Wilshere
Song
Arteta

Gervinho
RvP
Hazard? if enough, if not Theo :)

Bench:
Fabianski, Kos/Cahill, Santos, Frimpong/Francis, Ramsey, Arshavin, Chamakh

Buy:
Jan Vertonghen
Gary Cahill
Backup RB
If enough Hazard

Sell:
Almunia
Squlacci
Djourou

i do ;). jan and him are absolute beast. but per merts cant stop scoring lol

i can sell per, since i have toby alderwield too

onto my 4th season now.

sold mert to real madrid, he's a beast of a player. can defend and scores all the time from corners but felt I needed to get rid of some players in order for the insanely good regens I've got... currently got a 16 year old french kid, lionel seguin with a potential of 4.5 stars... best defender I've ever seen. Just wish he would sign his professional contract already.

CB's consist of TV5, Kos, Papa, Youth players

Also, after 3 very successful seasons with Arsenal, the FA have approached me for the England job... I dont know what to do.

He's my first choice backup. Vermaelen and Mertesacker are too good to be kept out of the first XI.

He's my first choice backup. Vermaelen and Mertesacker are too good to be kept out of the first XI.

He's better than Per imo :)

Per's my first choice backup but its good to have 3 good cb's!

He's better than Per imo :)

Per's my first choice backup but its good to have 3 good cb's!

He's certainly a very good player, Per's just very slow lol

View attachment 218464View attachment 218463

lol what timing for this. if that happens (idealy it should in fm12), arsenal's post will be free.

should i go for it, cuz i mean just recently i extended my contract at psg :( plus i have spend quite enough already on players, like stroorman and others :p

Status
Not open for further replies.