Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to my orginal Arsenal save last night as all my newer ones have been **** and RVP injury prone.

But not in this one! :D

I stopped playing it at the Start of last December, and last night when i re-loaded it i was in Feb 2014 and RVP is the best player striker in the game imo, just scored his 20th goal of the season vs Everton.

Play on the counter and when Ramsey Wilshere Hazard Gervinho RVP attack its OWNAGE! :D

Went back to my orginal Arsenal save last night as all my newer ones have been **** and RVP injury prone.

But not in this one! :D

I stopped playing it at the Start of last December, and last night when i re-loaded it i was in Feb 2014 and RVP is the best player striker in the game imo, just scored his 20th goal of the season vs Everton.

Play on the counter and when Ramsey Wilshere Hazard Gervinho RVP attack its OWNAGE! :D

well yeah, counter attacking is what im strong at. lol

Just got FM 2012 2 days ago and made an arsenal save but for some reason its been horrible.

I signed aly cissohko, sime (something he's the really good young RB) Edinson cavani, Andre Ayew, Rafael Toloi and sold Almunia, Mannone, Arshavin (was terrible for me in fm2011), Gibbs, squillaci, no one would buy chamakh for 7mill.

lost my first 4 pl games, drew 2, and won 1 against everton. I use a 4-5-1 with wingers (tried the new il devasto tactic but I ended up conceding way more than I scored. anyone got ideas? tried both woj and fabianski but they're both horrible.

also, Toloi, Santos, ramsey, Walcott, and chamakh got injured, first three are 2-4 weeks but last 2 are out for a long time. I had a great preseason (double hat trick for cavani away to Dallas) and have been winning in cups but the pl is just horrible.

I hardly buy any players in the first season. I usually buy young players. I also have decided to play Chamberlain more. He has been class. I bought Sime Vrsjako(sp) and plan to get Fleck as I plan to get the burden off Van Persie asap.

******* ****, Man Utd ALWAYS hammer me :( :'(

Doesnt Help that Mertesacker comes on for the injured Kos and gives them 2 goals which put them 2-1 up

View attachment 221732

well i looked at the squad and i play something like this
Woj
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Santos/Cissohko
Ramsey--Song--Arteta/Ayew
AOC/Gervinho Ayew/Miyaichi
Cavani/RVP
so i made the RB and LB my priorities, then signed Cavani because Chamakh/Park Chu-Young from what i heard didn't score that much as lone strikers and i knew RVP is amazingly injury-prone, and had lots of money left so went for Ayew to strengthen my midfield and Toloi as backup CB. Going to start a new save with same formation but maybe an AMC instead of where Song is right now. Probably going to keep Arshavin this time.

Lol Best Free Transfer Ever!!!! :D

In July 2014 and searching for a 3rd choice striker in the free transfers list and you would never guess who was top of that list with his contract ran out at city...

CARLOS TEVEZ! for nothing :D

So how about these for strikers?

RVP
Cavani
Tevez
Niang

No.

Replaced him with sturridge in my save in summer 2014

Been following Cavani and Leandro Damiao for 2 whole years but they haven't come anywhere near TW14 on goalscoring terms.

Just started an Arsenal save any help on what transfers, formation etc I should make/use? :D

Don't know what else to say about Walcott - came on as a sub in an FA Cup match vs. Middlesbrough (was after only 26 mins) and scored yet another hattrick, my god.

Just started an Arsenal save any help on what transfers, formation etc I should make/use? :D

Get a left back, quick. I suggest Aly Cissokho; failing that, Leighton Baines. I also suggest Jordan Ayew, £7.5m.

As for tactics, Raikan's "Swoop There It Is" without a doubt. I've used it from the start with this strategy:

Szczesny
Sagna Mertesacker Vermaelen Baines
Song
Arteta Ramsey
Walcott ---------- Gervinho
van Persie

Or if you're brave, swap Walcott and van Persie. Play Arteta in the DLP position for the whole season, even after Wilshere recovers, then next season, just play Wilshere and Ramsey in front of Song.

Don't know what else to say about Walcott - came on as a sub in an FA Cup match vs. Middlesbrough (was after only 26 mins) and scored yet another hattrick, my god.
How are you playing him mate, Poacher?
And what player instructions has he got? May give him a try in a lesser game for the last half an hour!

I've stuck with Arteta in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Rotated him and Ramsey side by side with Song in the midfield. Now he's aging. My assistant says he's 2.5 star now. Then again I'm still using old Santos 1.5 star and he was the highest rated player for the club with 11 assists.

Should I stay with Arteta a bit longer or offload him as soon as I can and change to 4-3-3?

Status
Not open for further replies.