Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 794
  • Views Views 262K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing with arsenal also (first time i play with them and i have a good feeling about this team :P) but have a question. Do the stadium need to be a certain age before we can build a new one or is it affected only by how many people show up for the matches?

Do you find Wilshere performs well in AMC, or do you re-train him to MC and buy someone else for attacking midfielder?

Wilshere has not been called up for england in months already. dafaq went wrong. ? :(

Do you find Wilshere performs well in AMC, or do you re-train him to MC and buy someone else for attacking midfielder?

train him to play killer balls and he'll rackup the assists

Advanced forward, but I don't think it's him that's doing all the work, having Gervinho, Walcott and Eriksen behind him must help a lot. I play him 3/5 games, always rest him after 2 games in 4 days, just to keep him happy and injury-free. My team rarely wins when he's off the pitch, at least that's realistic lol.

Need a new AML... despite retraining Benzema to be an AML, he's just terrible. Always nervous when he comes on, and when we're winning he's always complacent. I don't really care if my players feel hes a 'vital member of the team' and my assistant manager reckons he's quality, I need rid of him.

Thinking Neymar, Hazard... any other suggestions?

I'm playing a 4-3-3 as a back-up tactic. How should I use Podolski?

I would play Poldolski as a poacher as he has high finishing and great composure :)

Anybody got any advice on how to get my central midfielders working well in a control 433? I've got Ganso and Arteta as my starters in the second season but they're not performing. They both had an average rating of 7.0 last season which isn't great. I've tried different combos like Advanced Playmaker - Deep Lying with no prevail.

Anybody got any advice on how to get my central midfielders working well in a control 433? I've got Ganso and Arteta as my starters in the second season but they're not performing. They both had an average rating of 7.0 last season which isn't great. I've tried different combos like Advanced Playmaker - Deep Lying with no prevail.

Try both Centre Midfielder - Support. It's what I do in my 4-3-3 tactic with Ramsey and Arteta. Arteta racked up 17 assists that last season. Ramsey only like 3 so it might not work. The idea is I set the two midfielders to 'stick to position' so they don't lose their shape and just act as middle men by passing the ball about.

Advanced forward, but I don't think it's him that's doing all the work, having Gervinho, Walcott and Eriksen behind him must help a lot. I play him 3/5 games, always rest him after 2 games in 4 days, just to keep him happy and injury-free. My team rarely wins when he's off the pitch, at least that's realistic lol.

Tried him as an Advanced Forward but he never performed, maybe since he didn't have the pace but his career at Arsenal is over for me. He's almost 31 and probably will be sold. Hope the club and fans don't have a backlash.

Monumental day in my Arsenal save. Decided it was time to offload RVP at the ripe age of 32 to Barca, sold Benzema back to R. Madrid and managed to bring in Messi for a cool £40million.

Best thing was, 2 years ago he wanted £350k p/w, now I've managed to get him on £185k p/w :D

Monumental day in my Arsenal save. Decided it was time to offload RVP at the ripe age of 32 to Barca, sold Benzema back to R. Madrid and managed to bring in Messi for a cool £40million.

Best thing was, 2 years ago he wanted £350k p/w, now I've managed to get him on £185k p/w :D

Was he unsettled?

Was he unsettled?

Nope. He had failed to negotiate a new contract with Barca for 2 seasons for various reasons and therefore had just over 1 year remaining on his deal. Guess he thought it would be best to move to the best club in the world... I have managed to win practically everything in my 4/5 seasons in charge and have finally managed to leap-frog man utd in the league.

Downside is he does get £28k per appearance and goal... loyalty bonus of £7m, agent fee of £5, team of the year bonus of £1.4m...

Absolutely fuming, spent all last night trying to fix my computer after my sister downloaded a game and gave my PC a virus! Unfortunately I couldn't remove the stupid virus, so I had to reset my computer, and install FM again! So it's look like I'm going to have to start from scratch! But this time, I'm going to be doing things totally different!
Any suggestions guys?

Will update on how I'm getting on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back