Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Calum
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 794
  • Views Views 262K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Theo Walcott's 2013-14 season. Incredible.

WOW! That's quality mate..
Is that as a poacher, if so what formation you playing and hows your team looking? :)
Just had to start a new save today, because of my stupid little sister haha!
Any recommendations?

Nope. He had failed to negotiate a new contract with Barca for 2 seasons for various reasons and therefore had just over 1 year remaining on his deal. Guess he thought it would be best to move to the best club in the world... I have managed to win practically everything in my 4/5 seasons in charge and have finally managed to leap-frog man utd in the league.

Downside is he does get £28k per appearance and goal... loyalty bonus of £7m, agent fee of £5, team of the year bonus of £1.4m...

Well that works out a bit more expensive that I though before. I did a few sums in my head and that could cost you about £60 million to have him for the first season. Hope he performs like he did at Barca.

Last edited:
Well that works out a bit more expensive that I though before. I did a few sums in my head and that could cost you about £60 million to have him for the first season. Hope he performs like he did at Barca.

I hadn't even thought of it like that... I play him every other game, with the vast amount of players and competitions I fight for, rotation is key. Still, he had a cracking half-season. 12 games, 12 goals and 13 assists.

WOW! That's quality mate..
Is that as a poacher, if so what formation you playing and hows your team looking? :)
Just had to start a new save today, because of my stupid little sister haha!
Any recommendations?

Yup, Poacher Attack on Raikan's 4-5-1 Swoop tactic. Haven't made any transfers in the off season so my team remains:

Szczesny
Sagna Chygrynskyi Vermaelen Cissokho
Song
Wilshere Ramsey
Gaitan ---------------------- Gervinho
Walcott

Gaitan took around 20 matches to get used to the English league, my tactic and a new position which was incredibly frustrating, but I stuck with him and he's now a top performer.

Just finished pre season after starting my new Arsenal save last night. Screenshots provided of my transfers, fixtures and my tactic I'll be using throughout the season.

View attachment 225684View attachment 225685View attachment 225686

Superb pre-season mate, well done. You didn't really need to spend so much on few players because Arsenal have bags of talent on the game. What's happening with van Persie? Can't be warming the bench every week, surely? On every save I have at the moment, van Persie's out-scored Cavani every time. But hey, it's your game :)

If you're super confident, stick by Gibbs. He's a great performer (always averages 7.10-7.30 a season) but spends half the year on the physio bench so you may want to look into replacing him sooner rather than later.

UEFA semi-finals. Beat Man U 9-4 Aggregate. First game was 7-2 hehe

Just signed aguero with with a wage bill of 150K and I forgot that Hummels has highest wage earner clause. *FACEPALM*

Just signed aguero with with a wage bill of 150K and I forgot that Hummels has highest wage earner clause. *FACEPALM*

lmao haha same for me when i signed Hazard for 140k p/w, and rvp matched that the same wage :P

szczesny
Sagna Vermaelen Djourou Andre Santos
M'Vila
Arteta Ramsey
Van Persie Arshavin

Cavani

Bench:

GK: Almunia
RB: Vrsjalko
CB: Mertesacker and Koscnielny
LB: Gibbs
DM: Song
CM: Roscicky, Diaby, (Wilshire)
AML: Gervinho, Miyaichi
AMR: Walcott, Benayoun

First season, playing with Koflok's tactic and Raikan's swoop backup
Just past January :

Premier League : 1st place
FA CUP : out in 4th round
ECC : got a perfect 18/18 in the group phase

Transfers in January:

IN : Vertonghen and Aly Cissokho
OUT: Mertesacker and Koscielny

Sweet jesus !!!!! . tell me the secret to such incredible success :P. and can you also post a screen shot of walcott too :P

Just played him as Poacher Attack with Raikan's Swoop tactic, did wonders. Will post a screenie next time, don't have much time now.

Finally have the time to play FM again :D after being too busy the past week.

Last time I played was last Thursday lol :(

My last game was knocking out holders Man Utd out the carling cup at old trafford in the 1//4 finals.

Guess who my next game is...

Man Utd away in the FAC 3rd round lol :(

Last edited:
Last 3 times I have played Utd

Man Utd {A} PL WIN
Man Utd {A} CC WIN
Man Utd {A} FAC WIN

#Ownage <3

Just played him as Poacher Attack with Raikan's Swoop tactic, did wonders. Will post a screenie next time, don't have much time now.

thanks yo. but atm, im struggling to get full fitness for him, and this season also he's been injured 3 times, each for 3-4weeks :(.

im not in a mode to change tactics atm, but i just have a plan C set as raikans swoop tactic. so far i im playing a 4-2-3-1 formation, and the RW is his for the taking, set at an attacking role. with cavani in the front, and hazard in the left. he does well though btw, its just injures killing him

Last edited:
how much did danny Sturridge cost Calum?. some how he gets transfer list in 2nd season or something. lol

he moved on a free 4th season in my save to a promoted Derby... 14 games without a goal. the transfer window update path cannot come soon enough! going to give Villa a go, so I can play all those wonderkids from day 1 instead of playing RvP & Cavani in rotation for 3 years and then finally giving mBaye a shot after 4 seasons... (bagged 20 goals, 2 hat-tricks in his first season playing regularly).

Star members of Arsenal squad that's about to begin 3rd season. Havent won anything in previous two but have come v close.

Van Persie
Huntelaar
Tevez
Olic

Khedira
Walcott
Ramsey
Fellaini
Song
McGeady
Wilshere
K. Asamoah

Corluka
Chiellini
Vermaelen
Maxwell
Sagna
Hummels
Gibbs
Bartley

Handanovic

What do people reckon? Am in need of a brilliant left winger and/or left back. Suggestions?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back