Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team now:

Vrsaljko - Otamendi - Sakho - José Angel
Asamoah - Ramsey
Wilshere - Hazard- Willian
Neymar​

Replacements: Song, Vermaelen, A. Ayew, Gaitan, Eriksen, Fierro, van Persie (not that good anymore), E. Torres (but I didn't play him enough, so he isn't as good as he should be) and some good regens if I've got lots of injuries. Ow yes, and Chamberlain and Miyaichi, but I've been loaning them out most of the time. Chamberlain looks good though. Might sell Miyaichi.

I'm in the summer of 2014 now. Won the Premier League 3 times, and the CL last year.

Any suggestions?

I know there isn't much of the old arsenal left XD

Ok guys, Big Arsenal fan here, just starting an Arsenal save on 12.2.0, wanted to give an 'English' feel to my beloved Gunners - So my question is, keeping in mind that I want to bring in English players - Who should I sell, and who should be their English replacement?

Ok guys, Big Arsenal fan here, just starting an Arsenal save on 12.2.0, wanted to give an 'English' feel to my beloved Gunners - So my question is, keeping in mind that I want to bring in English players - Who should I sell, and who should be their English replacement?

Tbh all the decent English players are at Arsenal's rivals so it would be hard to do that imo :)

Still I'm gona give it a go... I'm thinking more along the lines of set myself a 5 season goal, within which to have atleast half of my squad English, so with that in mind - Any youngsters you recommend?

Still I'm gona give it a go... I'm thinking more along the lines of set myself a 5 season goal, within which to have atleast half of my squad English, so with that in mind - Any youngsters you recommend?

Nope, sorry

Well just raid Everton. Baines, Jaq's, Rodwell and Barkley. Then start sweet talking Sturridge and maybe you can sign him on cheap when he has 12 months on contract left or just wait until january 2013 and sign him on free.

For GK sign Alex Smithies from Huddersfield. Will become excellent backup for Szczesny.

There's couple to start with.

i would advise you sign a couple of foreigners to help win you things, but fill your squad with the likes of smithies, smalling, phil jones, have a go for kyle walker, nurture gibbs, chambo, wilshere etc, all them, sturridge etc, just do a filter for u23's with english nationality...
in the positions where there is a lack of english quality sign foreigners.

----------------sczez/smithies-------------
vrsaljko-----smalling-----jones-----gibbs
chambo-----rodwell----barkley---hazard
-------------------wilshere-----------------
-------------------walcott------------------

then walker, naughton, welbeck, zaha, wickham, sturridge, personally i think england lack a quality young striker on the game so may need a foreigner. just fill your squad with all the best talent and see who develops best and where you lack quality (i.e goalkeeper, wings, fullback, striker.) sign a foreigner.

^^^^^^^ also i forgot some, jack robinson, raheem sterling, nathan redmond, mceachran. theres plenty to choose from, just get your scouts on it.

started a new save following the update hoping to have T Henry in my time.... doesnt work like that. Very upsetting.

View attachment 229115

2nd place Tottenham could only manage a 1-1 draw at home to Wolves. So this was my chance to take full advantage of the situation, and I did it in some style with my biggest win of the season.

Cristian Eriksen is such a beast, this game alone he scored 3 goals and assisted 4, got a perfect 10 rating. I think he is one of the best Attacking midfielders in the game. His so, so good.

View attachment 229116

As you can see, that win was absolutely vital for me, as Spurs are flying. So tight at the top of the table. And also yes thats right, Chelsea are down in 10th, AVB got the boot and Louis van Gaal is now the manager there.

i would advise you sign a couple of foreigners to help win you things, but fill your squad with the likes of smithies, smalling, phil jones, have a go for kyle walker, nurture gibbs, chambo, wilshere etc, all them, sturridge etc, just do a filter for u23's with english nationality...
in the positions where there is a lack of english quality sign foreigners.

----------------sczez/smithies-------------
vrsaljko-----smalling-----jones-----gibbs
chambo-----rodwell----barkley---hazard
-------------------wilshere-----------------
-------------------walcott------------------

then walker, naughton, welbeck, zaha, wickham, sturridge, personally i think england lack a quality young striker on the game so may need a foreigner. just fill your squad with all the best talent and see who develops best and where you lack quality (i.e goalkeeper, wings, fullback, striker.) sign a foreigner.

Very interesting how some people play the game...What I mean by that is that in real life Arsenal would never, ever be able to get the likes of Smalling, Jones, Welbeck and Sturridge.....therefore I would never buy them on FM if i were to manage arsenal....not saying the way you play is wrong, just an observation!

View attachment 229126 I honestly didn't realise we had the North London derby so soon after my last update. I personally thought we would struggle in this game since Spurs were flying. How wrong I was. We was all over them!, the stats tell the story, the only thing that kept the game close was Friedel, we could not beat him, RVP could have had about 4 goals, Eriksen hit the post...we got the goal in the end and that now means that Man City have leapfroged
Spurs to take 2nd and they are 3 points behind me. Such a close season at the moment!

View attachment 229127

Heres my current squad. I have a real headache problem on the left wing as Gervinho is playing magnificentally but Andre Ayew is also in good form, baring he has just served a 3 match ban. Szczeseny hasn't conceded in 690 minutes of Football, however I've been rotating between him and ter Stegen. ter Stegen, seems to be making some errors, so I think Szczeseny is the current number 1. January coming up, really don't think I need to buy anyone else. Whats the point in changing a winning team. Park Chu-Young is joining Lyon in January for £4.5m. Looking at my squad, does anyone think I need to buy any more players to strengthen?

Almost forgot to add. Arsene Wenger has taken over as PSG manager!
View attachment 229128

Last edited:
I'd sell Djourou and move Koscielny to the bench instead. Well, you can also sell, Chamakh, Mertesacker, Rosicky, fabianski, and end Benayoun's loan, as you have better players in your squad.

View attachment 229126

I honestly didn't realise we had the North London derby so soon after my last update. I personally thought we would struggle in this game since Spurs were flying. How wrong I was. We was all over them!, the stats tell the story, the only thing that kept the game close was Friedel, we could not beat him, RVP could have had about 4 goals, Eriksen hit the post...we got the goal in the end and that now means that Man City have leapfroged Spurs to take 2nd and they are 3 points behind me. Such a close season at the moment!

View attachment 229127
Heres my current squad. I have a real headache problem on the left wing as Gervinho is playing magnificentally but Andre Ayew is also in good form, baring he has just served a 3 match ban. Szczeseny hasn't conceded in 690 minutes of Football, however I've been rotating between him and ter Stegen. ter Stegen, seems to be making some errors, so I think Szczeseny is the current number 1.

January coming up, really don't think I need to buy anyone else. Whats the point in changing a winning team. Park Chu-Young is joining Lyon in January for £4.5m. Looking at my squad, does anyone think I need to buy any more players to strengthen?

Almost forgot to add. Arsene Wenger has taken over as PSG manager!

Really impressive form you got those players on. I dont think you should buy anyone on january unless there's bad injury for RVP or other key player. Also Wilshere should be returning so you need nice bit of rotation so everyone is happy.

What tactic are you using? I have similar looking but cant get those kind of ratings and defence keeps on leaking like IRL :D

I'd sell Djourou and move Koscielny to the bench instead. Well, you can also sell, Chamakh, Mertesacker, Rosicky, fabianski, and end Benayoun's loan, as you have better players in your squad.

The thing about Chamakh is he has been chipping in with vital goals. Im tempted to loan Sanogo out to get some experience aswell as Jese, but saying that I will only have Chamakh as a backup for RVP if he gets injured, so Im stuck with that. Mertesacker, I just hate, I tried to sell him in the Summer but no-one would take him. Rosicky is getting on a bit, again tried to sell him but his wages were a stumbling block. Fabianski is a definate sell, and Benayoun's loan is going to come to an end also.

Really impressive form you got those players on. I dont think you should buy anyone on january unless there's bad injury for RVP or other key player. Also Wilshere should be returning so you need nice bit of rotation so everyone is happy.

What tactic are you using? I have similar looking but cant get those kind of ratings and defence keeps on leaking like IRL
grin.gif

I'm trying to find it now, the file name is called 1 possession.tac. It took time to work but seems to be working well now.

Last edited:
If Chamakh keeps on scoring then keep him until summer and sell then. If on form you can easily get 15+ m from him and then use it to buy Jordan Ayew.

Yeah, I don't want to change it around too much. Also after browsing my downloads toolbar on Firefox and browsing my history, I found the tactic.

Arsenal style:The passing game - Downloads - Football Manager 2012 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

It took a few games for the players to get used to it and find the right players for the right position but Eriksen suits this position so well. 10 goals and 16 assists in the League. easily my signing of the season so far.

Cheers I'll take a look at it and try to enhance my own tactic with it. :)

just started a new game with arsenal and arshavin is out on loan, so could do with an aml any suggestions?

Andre Ayew from Marseille. £11.25m is his release clause. So offer that and you wont have a problem getting him. Gervinho is such a good player, so play him regularly aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.