Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Arsenal has been fined £25K for failing to control their players after receiving six yellow cards in the Premier League match against Manchester City"

Who cares, I won and without a red card.

Currently 1-0 up in the FA Cup final against City in the 53rd minute!
Could this be my second trophy in my first season?

Kept my job in the end :)

At the beginning of season 2015-16 now, and have had a decent-ish start; played 7, won 5 and drawn and lost 1 (drew the first match away at Cardiff 0-0, disappointed). Last season we were champions once again, won 27 and lost 5. Lost in the League Cup Semi Final vs. Man City 4-2 on aggregate, and also lost in the FA Cup Semi Final to Man Utd, this time on penalties. Liverpool beat us in the Community Shield at the start of this season, which was disappointing.

After the first two or three matches we were without a goal from any of our strikers – Theo Walcott, Robin van Persie and Matthew Elmes – so I bought big: Seydou Doumbia from CSKA Moscow for £20.5m, and he’s already proving his price tag – he’s scored 5 goals in 3 starts + 2 sub appearances. Also got Kaká on a free after he was released (and I can see why – he’s not that good anymore lol) and also Ron-Robert Zieler on the bosman ruling. He’s jumped straight ahead of Muslera and Szczesny as #1.

All my regens are looking good now. Bought Matthew Elmes after the first season from Middlesbrough for £1.6m. His first start (in the FA Cup against Wycombe or something) he scored 4 goals, and 7 in 5 appearances altogether in the cup that season. He’s a handy backup and is still improving.

I’ve put a lot of trust in Konstantin Berger over the last few years after purchasing him from Stuttgart for £2m at the same time as I bought Elmes. He hasn’t been overly-excellent but is a regular starter in the League and FA Cups.

Nick Donald is regularly going out on loan. I know his stats are pretty good for a 19-year-old and I should be playing him to get his stats up but sadly I play a fast winger-poacher tactic so there’s just no room whatsoever for him.

Ashley Connelly looks epic, and for a 17-year-old his stats are good as already. Can’t wait to play the game in 4-5 years time.

Gerrie Tol is looking exciting and he’s only 17 too.

I have Bruno Santos, Sergio de Bellis and Junior waiting in the wings to be the next top striker at the club, but really can’t be dealing with all three. I’ll just train them and sell maybe one or two on.

And finally, these three. Mexilhao, Alejandro Aragon and Vlad Pascal. Got the former on a free and paid just £4.5m for Aragon from Real Madrid after a successful season on loan at Feyenoord. Vlad Pascal cost £11m but he looks the part.

Also keeping tabs on Messi as his contract expires at the end of the season. Heh.

just dropped £43m on Neymar, how do i get the best out of him using raikens 'swoop' tactic just to try and confuse the AI?

I am begining to hate Manchester City. They have a decent GD and haven't conceded that many goals, yet they bid for Vermaelen and Vertonghen. I keep saying no but they keep bidding. I wish there was an option on here "Tell them to F*ck off"

in the process of selling TV5 to barcelona for £20.5m in january of 3rd season. Sold Kosc to city for £17m season before.... need dolla to keep up with repayments for Neymar.

I am begining to hate Manchester City. They have a decent GD and haven't conceded that many goals, yet they bid for Vermaelen and Vertonghen. I keep saying no but they keep bidding. I wish there was an option on here "Tell them to F*ck off"

haha XD. most likey that they dont have any good CB's aside from Kompany :p

Yeah saying that, I did find it easy to get through their defence when I beat them 4-2. I hate their attack though!.

Update:

Thought I'd update you lads.

CARLING CUP FINAL:

Arsenal vs Tottenham

Not a bad cup final I must say. North London pride at stake. I must say, I was feeling pretty confident, I just scraped a 3-2 win again Bayern Munich in the first knockout round first leg and then had this CC final to look forward to against our rivals. As always, the North London derby fails to disappoint and this game was no exception. Just look at this scoreline, baring in mind how much I was leading by!

View attachment 230973

Second half, Tottenham just came at me. I couldn't deal with Defoe or Modric or Donavan. I was just grateful that we had such a brilliant first half. Im over the moon with the win, and my first final as manager. I must admit I was jumping around and at times my heart was in my mouth, they hit the post in the 93 minute too. Best game of the season by a long way. Times like these is what FM is all about. People slate the game but honestly, I have never felt so much emotion playing a game before, haha.

Very good Sam. So close in the league and great result in the Champions League. Talking of the Champions League....Have a look at these results in the First Knockout Round Second Leg.

Both of the favorites are out. Lille were in my group aswell. I beat them 3-0 away but could only draw 2-2 at Home. Look at what they have gone and done. *rubs hands with a smirk*

View attachment 231041

Really surprised Inter managed to pull it off and in some style. Who would of thought eh? Dont you just love moments like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.