Football Manager 2012 : Arsenal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you guys get Vertonghen to play well? He seems pretty average so far for me.

How do you guys get Vertonghen to play well? He seems pretty average so far for me.

For me it was all about private chats after just about every match. Also he was one of my two players attacking a post for corners so he got some goals.

After 12.2 I first had a morale problem and started giving private chats to every player who played after every match. This was necessary to keep morale from sinking even though we were in 1st. About midway through the Board commented that they were pleased that I was getting such good performances out of Vertonghen. He ended the season in the top 8 of the premier league player ratings.

Before this last patch I never paid much attention to morale and it was never a problem but this patch forced me to start paying attention to morale after every match and Vertonghen really seemed to benefit from morale boosts. He also made a great improvement over the season in stats.

Very good Sam. So close in the league and great result in the Champions League. Talking of the Champions League....Have a look at these results in the First Knockout Round Second Leg.

Both of the favorites are out. Lille were in my group aswell. I beat them 3-0 away but could only draw 2-2 at Home. Look at what they have gone and done. *rubs hands with a smirk*

View attachment 231041

Really surprised Inter managed to pull it off and in some style. Who would of thought eh? Dont you just love moments like this.

Yeah very close in the league mate, hopefully I can jump ahead of United with the last couple of games. I told the board I would finish in Champions League qualification, so that's looking good for this season. (My second)
Ah, very lucky there mate.. Who have you got in the Champions League?

Yeah very close in the league mate, hopefully I can jump ahead of United with the last couple of games. I told the board I would finish in Champions League qualification, so that's looking good for this season. (My second)
Ah, very lucky there mate.. Who have you got in the Champions League?

Yeah its always good to reach the board expectations and looks like your surplasing them. I had Bayern Munich. Beat them 3-2 away (I was quite lucky). Second leg, i was losing 1-0 then pulled it back to 1-1 then scored another to go 2-1 up then Bayern equalised. They had a corner in the 90th minute and only needed 1 goal to take it to extra time. I headed clear went up to the other end, won a throw then Chaimberlain scored deep into stoppage time. Overall it was the first half that won me the tie.

Just finished my third season with Arsenal on the latest patch, so I thought I'd post my achievements so far.

2011/2012

Barclays Premiership: 4th
FA Cup: Final
League Cup: Winners
Champions League: First Knockout Round
Manager of The Year

2012/2013
Barclays Premiership: 2nd
FA Cup: Final
League Cup: Semi Final
Champions League: Semi Final
Manager of The Year

2013/2014

Barclays Premiership: Winnners
FA Cup: 6th Round
League Cup: Winners
Champions League: Semi Final
Manager of The Year

Feel free to post your achievements you've had in your seasons, would be good to see how everyone is doing with Arsenal.

Anyone have any good downloadable tactics for Arsenal? I'm fairly new to the game. I'm playing a network game with my friend and he is Tottenham.

Also can anyone give me tips on how to get players for a lower transfer. I really want Gotze, Hummels, Cavani and Draxler but they want outrageous money for them.

Im into my third season and am absolutely unbeatable! Won League x2, FA cup x 2 and Champo x 1.

Ter Stegen

Van Der Wiel - Vermalean - Hummels - Cissoko

Rolfes - Hamsik

Gaitain - RVP - Neymar

Damiao

Kind of the only game I play, started on some old patch.

Achievements

2011/2012

FA Cup: 2nd. Lost final 0-1 vs Liverpool
League Cup: Winners. Final 4-1 vs Middlesbrough
Champions League: Lost final 1-2 vs FC Porto

2012/2013

Barclays Premiership: 1st
FA Cup: 2nd. Lost final 1-2 vs Manchester United
League Cup: Winners. Final 2-1 vs Chelsea
Champions League: Winners. Final 3-0 vs PSG

2013/2014

Barclays Premiership: 1st
FA Cup: Out in 4th round 0-1 vs Tottenham :/
League Cup: 2nd. Lost final on penalties vs Manchester City
Champions League: Out in first knockout round on away goals vs FC Porto

2014/2015

FA Cup: Out in 6th round 2-3 vs Sheffield Wednesday
League Cup: 2nd. Lost final 1-2 vs Manchester United
Champions League:
Out in semifinal total 2-3 vs Barcelona

2015/2016 - currently ongoing

Barclays Premiership: 3rd
FA Cup: Still in, 6th round vs Norwich coming up
League Cup: Winners. Final 3-0 vs Q.P.R.
Champions League: Still in, lost first knockout round
2-3 away vs PSG. Home game coming up.

Can someone tell me what the latest patch is? I'm not sure if I have it or not.

12.2.2 - That's what mine says when I look on my game status

Status
Not open for further replies.