Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Jack robinson's relationship has broken down with me! He's alienated because of his first team requests.. any idea how to repair the relationship?!

End of first season. 3rd placed and Suarez as English Footballer of the Year...

View attachment 204222View attachment 204223View attachment 204224

Trying to locate areas to improve... I might go for a back-up DMC, a back-up striker (Treq) and a strong AMR starter.

Starters and back-up for now:

GK: Reina / Doni
DL: Enrique / Robinson
DR: Johnson / Vrsaljko
DCR: Subotic / Carragher
DCL: Agger / Coates (Wilson)
DMC: Lucas / Vrsaljko
MC: Gerrard / Adam
AML: Downing / Bellamy
AMR: Kuyt / Henderson
SCL: Suarez / Kuyt
SCR: Doumbia / Carroll

Looking forward to the new season!

What advice do you have for the first season? Considering a Liverpool save but it's so frustrating, can you sell Carroll?

What advice do you have for the first season? Considering a Liverpool save but it's so frustrating, can you sell Carroll?

You could sell him but i think it is not wise because the Liverpool selection rather needs a striker then loose one, you could sell Agger, Skrtel or Carragher (I sold Skrtel) because with Coates you already have a good defender and you can also use Kelly in the center. Further I would sell Maxi, Kuyt is better and you can put Henderson and Suárez on the right wing and also Sterling a young talent (He got 4 stars for his potential!). So there are a couple of players you could sell rather then selling a striker.

This is my Liverpool team :
View attachment 204303

Edinson Cavani has been banging in the goals for me, I'm coming up to December and unbeaten so far this season. I've only conceaded 2 goals aswell, Only negative so far is Andy Carroll's form is shocking hasan't scored one goal yet this season. Does anybody know what his best posistion is I've tried him as a target man and Its not working.

Last edited:
no in sterling, i had sold a lot of players but i thought that was ridiculus

henderson is an absolute beast at cm. for the first season the most important thing is to develop youngsters and setting up your set piece. coates and carroll basically won me matches for the first season through corners

is javi martinez worth 20 mill? 3rd season quick answer needed please thanks lads

EDIT: dont worry he choose AC milan instead

Last edited:
I ended up with Hazard as my wide player. Currently playing him on the right.
I had too sell skrtel too get the wage bill down. So am using the 34 year old Carra as partner with Agger. Def in need of a centre back when January comes along, although Coates and Wilson aren't doing a bad job. I signed Niang the young striker, he had had a couple of games and scored 2.
Have also upgraded Sterling from the reserves, he has an avg rating of 7.53 after 5 games, still early days but looks class.

Can't sell Cole or Aquilani, although Aqua has played a few games. Gerrard keeps getting injured so think I will go for Eriksen at end of second season.

Currently 7 points behind the scum after 14 games.

started a new season
bought saviola--3.7 mil pounds
shud i play kuyt as right winger??
or i am luking to sign douglas costa as his replacement

nd wat players i shud sell??
nd any recommended signings??

I signed Douglas Costa with Liverpool and had no luck at all with him as a Winger. He's decent as an AMC but realistically thats it. Since you have Saviola I'd recommend putting Downing as a right Winger as an Inside forward but he's also decent as a Winger in the MR position.

I dont want stevie g and carra as captain and vc. Stevie was total **** in my season and hes 3rd choice behind c.adam and fernando (sold lucas for a much better tackler)

Candidates
- D.Agger
- Pepe Reina
- Dirk Kuyt
- Luis Suarez
- C.Adam

Who for Captain and VC?

Last edited:
View attachment 205684

on my 4th season. and doing well~ bought hazard for 22mill start of 2nd season

got erick torres for 11mill due to request transfer and he's amazing

my striker is a youth player generated to under 18 start of 2nd season and he's dubbed the new owen on 3rd season.

got ramsey for 10 mill as he disliked mcharthy, wenger accept barca job since pep gaurdiola accept spain role~

got wilshere in start of 4th season for 34mill on monthly basis

got lucas moura as replacement to suarez.... real madrid bought him for 30 milll....

cahill and shawcross is a coup...both cost me only 7.5 mill each~ after declaring interest, they went unhappy and request transfer~ ...

View attachment 205684

on my 4th season. and doing well~ bought hazard for 22mill start of 2nd season

got erick torres for 11mill due to request transfer and he's amazing

my striker is a youth player generated to under 18 start of 2nd season and he's dubbed the new owen on 3rd season.

got ramsey for 10 mill as he disliked mcharthy, wenger accept barca job since pep gaurdiola accept spain role~

got wilshere in start of 4th season for 34mill on monthly basis

got lucas moura as replacement to suarez.... real madrid bought him for 30 milll....

cahill and shawcross is a coup...both cost me only 7.5 mill each~ after declaring interest, they went unhappy and request transfer~ ...
]

How are Flanagan and Robinson progressing on your save?