Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Another would be Marvin Martin or Ikay Gudinon (sp) from dortmund he's got great stats and only cost me £13.5 M

That's the spirit!

I'll give it a go, cheers mate :)

anyone got any tips? my team never seem to perform well against smaller clubs like coventry and ipswich, but ibeat man city 4-1?

i have the counter attacking perfect for liverpool but it doesnt work unless im up against harder teams

this is my set up at the moment

----------------suarez------------------
---------------K Adorjan----------------
downing----adam----henderson----kuyt
enrique-----agger----shawcross----johnson
-----------------reina-------------------

subs:
doni
carroll
suso
lucas
skrtel
aurelio
carragher

gerrard bellamy and martin kelly soon to return from injury

my ssistant tellls me 4-4-2 diamond is the best for my players, so i tried that and lost to ipswich! just dont know what to do against smaller teams, any help???? also need o know the best way to improve players' composure and finishing in one-on-ones, i have tried preferred position training

I started a new save with Liverpool...Have been using Raikains might and magic formation.

I play Suarez as poacher and signed Cavani who i play as target man. So far i have played 29 games and am top of the league, losing 3, drawing 3 and winning 23. Have a game in hand over the mancs so am on course for the league and hopefully the FA Cup.

Am into the semi finals of FA Cup. This formation works a treat, Suarez has scored 33 goals in 33 games so far and has an overall rating of 7.82. Another player who has shocked me has been Maxi, ive played him as an Advanced playmaker on the right hand side. Cavani has had his fair share of goals, scoring 25 in 31 games. Gerrard has had a lot of injuries so not made much of an impact.

Just beat Chelsea 4-1 at the bridge. Beat city 4-0, have also beaten teams like Bolton 6-0 and had some other really good results!

Hello everyone! This is the first football manager game I've ever owned/played. My first season I ended up 4th using a 442 diamond. Most of my key starters got major injuries and were injured for 3+ months during the season (suarez, gerrard, kuyt, bellamy, carroll, lucas, pepe, adam, and agger) I also loaned out most of my reserves and I had no money to buy anyone so I had to use a good amount of u-18 players(suso sterling and adam morgan helped a lot surprisingly). I ended up losing the league cup and was sacked at the end of the season :(
I just read through most of this thread and realized a few tweaks I could do and I am starting a new season after I finish my 15 page paper for school (needed a break from writing and found you guys!:D). Anyways any tips for a noobie would be appreciated!!

Finished first season. I'm not unhappy but I could do better. Finished third, behind unstoppable United and Tottenham(bot had like 20+ games without losing), Won FA Cup, and lost League Cup finals to City. Here is some SS's
View attachment 203249View attachment 203256View attachment 203255View attachment 203252View attachment 203253View attachment 203254
Signed Badelj and Shaqiri as cover for now but I'm counting on them in future, will see. Still thinking who to replace, everyone did well this season. Thinking to buy Cavani as I see he is scoring 40+ goals, and Carrol is on 27, which is good but compared to Cavani's 40, not that good :D. And second pick is Downing, but I'm still looking for winger.

Last edited:
Well, I've played 24 league matches and I'm hanging in there in third (still 10 points off Man U, who is pretty much unbeatable).

I'm out of the FA Cup and league cup, but on the plus side I have a chance at getting back into Europe next season and my boy Doumbia has something like 20 goals in 19 appearances.

Just got to Nov, 100% win record in the league, out the league cup on pens to Newcastle ( The kids had a good go).

just been given 7.25 mil.

bought doumbia in summer, who should i go for with this??

I bought that wolveswinkle player from sportin for £15mil and I tell you now pair him up with Suarez and set him as a target man and there aint no stopping him :) gerrard just behind as an attacking mid and then Henderson right mid and Adam centre mid and downing left mid and who ever you want in defense is amazing, I was struggling to win and struggling to score until I got wolveswinkle :) great player and works great with Suarez, that's my advise on the formation by the way it's 4.3.1.2 :)

Can someone of you recommed me some good 4 or 5 * coaches for LFC?

Started my new game last night and got a pleasant message from the board just now. They gave me 77.97mil for transfers and 2.5 mil for budget :D. Thinking about either signing G rossi or cavani depending on price. then going for some cheap defenders because i sold skrtel and aurelio and a cheap dm and sva ethe rest for january to see how things are going

Started my new game last night and got a pleasant message from the board just now. They gave me 77.97mil for transfers and 2.5 mil for budget :D. Thinking about either signing G rossi or cavani depending on price. then going for some cheap defenders because i sold skrtel and aurelio and a cheap dm and sva ethe rest for january to see how things are going

SAY WHAAAAAT!?

I hate you! The largets transfer budget I got was £39m LOL

Cavani is ace! Target Man Attack. Bangs goals in for fun.

No chance they gave yo that as soon as you took over!

I was surprised too, I told my roommate as I was dancing around the room hah. View attachment 203322
I started in February for the Russian league, sold a couple players and bought christ eriksen then I got this lovely message in my inbox!

I was surprised too, I told my roommate as I was dancing around the room hah. View attachment 203322
I started in February for the Russian league, sold a couple players and bought christ eriksen then I got this lovely message in my inbox!

Ah you have it as Dollars, that is why. So pounds wise that is about 39 mil which is right!

how are you guys starting in may my game always starts in july and i get like 3 mil transfer budget

Someone tell me again Cavani isn't god? :L

View attachment 203405

I took your advice and signed Cavani in my second season and he's been immense. I rotate my 3 top strikers, usually keeping Cavani as the constant starter with Doumbia and Suarez taking turns partnering him.

I play him as a Target Man - Attack, and he's performed pretty **** well so far:

View attachment 203471

Do you also have him as Target Man-Attack?? Also, Chokopop, are you playing him up top alone or in a partnership?

P.S. Take a look at Doumbia's goals per start ratio in my screenshot above ;-)

I took your advice and signed Cavani in my second season and he's been immense. I rotate my 3 top strikers, usually keeping Cavani as the constant starter with Doumbia and Suarez taking turns partnering him.

I play him as a Target Man - Attack, and he's performed pretty **** well so far:

View attachment 203471

Do you also have him as Target Man-Attack?? Also, Chokopop, are you playing him up top alone or in a partnership?

P.S. Take a look at Doumbia's goals per start ratio in my screenshot above ;-)

I'm playing Tevez - Cavani with Tevez as Poacher and Cavani as Target Man - Attack. Works like a fairytale!

I might have to look into signing Doumbia. I only have Sanogo and some Argentine regen as backup strikers, so he'll be my next signing for sure!