• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 452
  • Views Views 277K
End of first season:

Premier League: 4th
Carling Cup: WIN!
FA Cup: WIN!

Hope the board don't sack me for not winning the PL. This is a more realistic goal for Liverpool in first season with no transfer budget: qualify for UCL.

Nearly won the Champions League but Messi did a beautiful stunner from the right flank and I was like FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Cool thing is, I had 52% possession with a 4-4-2 :)

Am I the only one who finds Glen Johnson awful as right back? He was bad in FM 11 and still is on FM 12. Martin Kelly miles better than Glen on the position.
I find him to be quite good actually. I picked up Kyle Walker for cheap and he's turned into a beast (I'm on my fourth season). Man City and Arsenal keep putting in a bid for him, but he's too good to let go.

I actually let Martin Kelly go, little disappointed about that but I couldn't offer him games and an offer for £8m came in so I took it.

I've won all 3 seasons now but no other trophies. Got offered the England and Brazil job, declined. Must win the CL with Liverpool before I part with them. Bought Gabriel Torje, hoping he delivers magic on the right wing.

Just a heads up for anyone in their first season who like me wondered what sort of money is available in the 2nd season due to the finances...

You get an initial budget of 40 million. If you're extra lucky Aguero might request a transfer from City. Suarez and Aguero. Oh Lord!

I find him to be quite good actually. I picked up Kyle Walker for cheap and he's turned into a beast (I'm on my fourth season). Man City and Arsenal keep putting in a bid for him, but he's too good to let go.

I actually let Martin Kelly go, little disappointed about that but I couldn't offer him games and an offer for £8m came in so I took it.

I've won all 3 seasons now but no other trophies. Got offered the England and Brazil job, declined. Must win the CL with Liverpool before I part with them. Bought Gabriel Torje, hoping he delivers magic on the right wing.

I don't like his positioning in defense, I sold him for 11M to City. But his a bit better playing on the left, I guess.

I sold Johnson to Chelsea for £20m and bought Walker as his replacement - he is far better.

I sold Johnson to Chelsea for £20m and bought Walker as his replacement - he is far better.

How much did you pay for Walker? When I sold Johnson I intended to buy Walker but I had a offer of 18M rejected, so I let it go.

When I started my second season (the one I'm currently playing) I rejected the following offers during the july transfer window:

Coates - 24M from City.
Lucas - 25M from City.
Agger - 25M from City.
(City seems to be chasing my whole team, btw. They also made offers for Robinson and Bakenga, a young norwegian striker I bought in the start of first season)
Enrique - 28M from Real Madrid.

Do you think it was bad rejecting these deals? I was actually expecting offers to reach at least 30M as they're all key players to me.

Last edited:
I finished 4th on my first season, and have had a mixed start to 2nd season. I've been doing really well in the league, but lost to Genoa in CL qualifier - not too bothered as would like to win EL this season then go for CL next season.

My midfield partnership has been really good this season - Felipe Melo and Sandro as CM's with Lucas as DM behind them, just need to buy a good striker in january. Any suggestions? I've got around £10m

@nrflns
I paid 19.5m for Walker in the third season. Worth every penny, especially if you can sell Johnson for a good amount as Walker is relatively young.

Also, I probably would have rejected those amounts, except possibly for Agger, who I have just sold (he's getting a bit close to 30 for my liking!). All the players you mentioned can become the backbone of your team. I wouldn't sell Robinson as he can become a really good player if given enough games.

@cnaylor89
Christ that's a really defensive midfield! who have you got on the wings/upfront? Just wondering if your team finds scoring goals to be a problem.

I finished 4th on my first season, and have had a mixed start to 2nd season. I've been doing really well in the league, but lost to Genoa in CL qualifier - not too bothered as would like to win EL this season then go for CL next season.

My midfield partnership has been really good this season - Felipe Melo and Sandro as CM's with Lucas as DM behind them, just need to buy a good striker in january. Any suggestions? I've got around £10m

Wilfried.

@nrflns
I paid 19.5m for Walker in the third season. Worth every penny, especially if you can sell Johnson for a good amount as Walker is relatively young.

Also, I probably would have rejected those amounts, except possibly for Agger, who I have just sold (he's getting a bit close to 30 for my liking!). All the players you mentioned can become the backbone of your team. I wouldn't sell Robinson as he can become a really good player if given enough games.

I am going to start the third season and I just bought Corchia, so I am not going to try Walker again, Flanno is developing well and I have Montoya that I just sign for free and he's been doing well too. so now I can play Kelly as CB instead of RB. And no, I won't sell Robinson, I've been giving him games and he's going well.

Just paid 3.9M for Christian Eriksen now. What a bargain.

@nrflns

@cnaylor89
Christ that's a really defensive midfield! who have you got on the wings/upfront? Just wondering if your team finds scoring goals to be a problem.

yea, scoring goals isn't really a major problem but we don't get loads, but got best defensive record in prem, conceded 8 in 16 games.

on the left i rotate between downing, adam and badelj. on the right i rotate between gerrard romario johnson and kuyt.

i play with a lone striker, suarez usually, with saviola and anelka (got both on frees) but gonna try playing two up front if i buy a good striker in january.

Finished my 1st season 2nd in the league, semi final in the league cup and won the FA cup. Won Charity Shield beating Man U on penalties which is always nice!!

Got to do the GB Olympic team and finished runners up to Brazil losing 4-1 in the final

In 2nd season have Gerrard out for 1st 4 months injured and still not got the best out of Suarez even though he finished top scorer for me last season. Signed Cavani and already banging goals in using him as a complete forward

Signed Butland and Cattermole as backup GK and CM for very little each and both done ok when needed.

Can't get rid of Cole even offering to sell for nothing, will try again in Jan, along with Skirtl.

When I started my second season (the one I'm currently playing) I rejected the following offers during the july transfer window:

Coates - 24M from City.
Lucas - 25M from City.
Agger - 25M from City.
(City seems to be chasing my whole team, btw. They also made offers for Robinson and Bakenga, a young norwegian striker I bought in the start of first season)
Enrique - 28M from Real Madrid.

Do you think it was bad rejecting these deals? I was actually expecting offers to reach at least 30M as they're all key players to me.

same happened to me i would have sold enrique tho 28m. I rejected a 30m bid from city and madrid for lucas. City put in a 20m bid for kelly which i rejected

Finished my 1st season 2nd in the league, semi final in the league cup and won the FA cup. Won Charity Shield beating Man U on penalties which is always nice!!

Got to do the GB Olympic team and finished runners up to Brazil losing 4-1 in the final

In 2nd season have Gerrard out for 1st 4 months injured and still not got the best out of Suarez even though he finished top scorer for me last season. Signed Cavani and already banging goals in using him as a complete forward

Signed Butland and Cattermole as backup GK and CM for very little each and both done ok when needed.

Can't get rid of Cole even offering to sell for nothing, will try again in Jan, along with Skirtl.

yea, can't get rid of cole either, tempted to just release him, he wont go for the mutual termination so would cost me about £7m

I've had two expansions, one was only 500 seats or something stupid, the other was a decent increase, so I'm up to 52000 odd capacity. Really would like a new one though.

Edit: This is at the beginning of the 2014 season.

just finished 1st season finished 4th but only got into euro as man city won champions leagye and they finished 6th so they got champions league spot disapointing :( but positive news is i won fa cup but lost community shield against chelsea. suarez got 29 goals i think.

My team second season. right to left
reina
Johnson Coates Agger Enrique
- - - Ganso Lucas
Gaitan --------------- Downing
-----Cavani Suarez
Subs: Romero Balotelli(free transfer after fall out) Carragher Gerrard Carroll Wilson Labyad

Got Ganso after convincing board to spend 21M on him in January 2012 which i was suprised bu underpeforming massively, splashed 4.8m on labyad and he's been impressive when playing
When season finished the board gave me 39M to spend I gaitan for 10M and cavani for 28.5M and sold suso for 5m after a serious injury has decreased his stats quite badly and then bought sergio romero for 5m as back up for reina

Back