Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 452
  • Views Views 277K
[video=youtube;iMUZXPZ1Q38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMUZXPZ1Q38&feature=plcp&context=C39bf665U DOEgsToPDskKnERpKPu-MoM2t1pFi44SS[/video]

One of Gaitans Goals

I have Gaitan too, got him for 12m at the end of the second season. Is quality. Him, Guilano (8m) and Kagawa (free) are my three AM.
I sold Skrtel to Porto for 16m, then got Otamendi for 13m one day later. Best trade ever.
Sold Johnson for 12m, and replaced him with Walker for only 7m, too.
I've been pretty lucky with transfers, really.

The board told me I can choose a feeder club, I've picked Red Bulls to increase merchandising/revenues.

My finances are in such good shape by the way. I'm saving up for a £50m purchase.

no not yet only in 2013 but he's improving stats i'm not bothered about such as tackling or stuff like that he's not improving in the attacking stats, got him on loan at accrington as no one else wanted him

He's at a decent premier league player level for me (start of 2015 season), and improving steadily. I need to get him out on loan to a championship side.

View attachment 212112 My squad, beginning of 3rd season. 1 Prem League, 2 FA Cups, 1 league cup. K'od in the semis of 2011/12 UCL. Just bought Neymar, hopefully he makes the difference in Europe for me!!!!

Gaitan looks ok but scout reports say he is selfish and not willing to get stuck into tackles! Is he really worth the risk!?!

I've been trying to sign the beast Cavani, but when I get to offer him a contract his agent rejects my offer, as I'm not able to offer him the required fee in loyalty bonus. What the heck do I do?

Last edited:
I've been trying to sign the beast Cavani, but when I get to offer him a contract his agent rejects my offer, as I'm not able to offer him the required fee in loyalty bonus. What the heck do I do?

Give him a higher loyalty fee. Worked for mee.

Give him a higher loyalty fee. Worked for mee.

Well, I am NOT able to give him as much as he requires, and it ends up with a dissatisfied agent who will not compromise, and then the negotiation collapses. I'm going nuts. Did you sign him in 1st season?

Well, I am NOT able to give him as much as he requires, and it ends up with a dissatisfied agent who will not compromise, and then the negotiation collapses. I'm going nuts. Did you sign him in 1st season?

That explains it. I got him in the 2nd season. Budget and stuff is much higher. Piece of cake to sign him.

I've had some nightmare draws. CL Group in the 2015 season:
Real Madrid
Liverpool
PSG
Dortmund

On top of that, the league cup I've drawn Man C away.

Over a 21 day period, I have Man U (a), Real Madrid (a), Arsenal (h), Real Madrid (h), Chelsea (a), Man City (a), Man City (PL)

Hey,
So i justs started, got FM for xmas, chose Liverpool.
But I have a few problems:
1. I only have around 5.2 million to spend, and I'd ideally like to buy Tevez or Cavani (25 and 11.5 mil) - is this unreasonably hopeful? Is there any way I could get a larger budget to spend from the board?
2. I'm trying to sell Carroll, and he's valued at 35m, but most clubs won't accept because his wages at present are too high. Is there any way I could decrease them in order to attract more clubs (and then sell him for 20 mil)?
Thanks a lot

Hey,
So i justs started, got FM for xmas, chose Liverpool.
But I have a few problems:
1. I only have around 5.2 million to spend, and I'd ideally like to buy Tevez or Cavani (25 and 11.5 mil) - is this unreasonably hopeful? Is there any way I could get a larger budget to spend from the board?
2. I'm trying to sell Carroll, and he's valued at 35m, but most clubs won't accept because his wages at present are too high. Is there any way I could decrease them in order to attract more clubs (and then sell him for 20 mil)?
Thanks a lot

You'll hardly get any offer to sell Carroll, better try to send him on loan. Put him in transfer list for around 10M, if you're lucky, Villarreal will make an offer to get him on loan with an initial bid of 2M and paying 60% of his wages.

About Tevez or Cavani, I think you have to wait until january window, maybe your tranfer budget will be increased and you can try.

Back