Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 452
  • Views Views 277K
I can't get Carroll to score at all. Been playing him as a lone Target Man, and he misses chance after chance.

I can't get Carroll to score at all. Been playing him as a lone Target Man, and he misses chance after chance.

first season?

Well, I never played him. Sent on loan in my first season and sold in second.

Carroll scored 2 in 2 and 1 assist as lone Target Man so far. Doing alright. Waiting until further down the road to say anything positive though.

Edit: Make that 3 goals in 3.

Last edited:
Play him with another striker. I had no success until I had him partner Suarez. (Suarez on left, Carroll on right).
I got 19 goals in 60 appearances. Sold him to Arsenal for 12m and 50% of next sale after that. He's played three games since (in two and a half years)

I wish I could have tried to get the best of him at the start.
When I sold him to Werder Bremen he was top scorer and best striker in the league in his first season in Germany.

It's a shame really. Because he is doing badly IRL, nobody wants to try him in the game. If he's played right, he's actually doing amazingly well.

Yeah decided to start a new save. Still got my old save going though. Just needed a bit of a challenge, and can't get into any saves except with Liverpool or Roma :L

Well Carroll is just not performing in my game, and I cannot seem to change that. I've put Kuyt up front as a striker to replace Carroll, and he's gotten 4 goals in the past 3 games, 3 of which were on Manchester United (had back-to-back games against them in the League Cup and then a league match). I think I'm gonna stick with him for now.

sorry for intruding this page but i am playing football manager and its the only page that has some activity in it and im wondering who i can sign for qpr in the championship to get back to premiership i have just left celtic after 2 year winning leage and both cups and wanted to get qpr into the premiership and keep them there and wanted to know who to sign i have 10million

EPIC SEASON 2014/2015 :D

Won FA Cup, Premier League and UCL. TREBLE!

Beat Chelsea 2-0 in UCL final.

which tactic are you using??
is it urs own or downloaded??
if downloaded plss tell me which one?

i wud like to share 1 tip for every body
if u want a gud transfer budget in first season
offer dirk kuyt
initial-7.5 mil
6 months-5 mil
nd der will be offers from psg nd tottenham

i need some help with my lfc season i started off well smashed arsenal now im just going down hill need a decent formation to play at the moemnt i have a 4-4-1-1 also would be great if someone could help me get the best out of suarez i play him alone up top as a advanced foward any other suggestions?

see thats what i tryed him as a poacher then carrol as a target man but just isnt working im going to try the goals goalore v3

i wud like to share 1 tip for every body
if u want a gud transfer budget in first season
offer dirk kuyt
initial-7.5 mil
6 months-5 mil
nd der will be offers from psg nd tottenham

I actualy keep Kuyt (besides being a good option for the team, he's great for tutoring youngsters).
So I rather offer Skrtel instead. Nornally get 7.5M from Malaga for him.

Back