Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

yea i have tried that, and MANY different systems, and he just derps....for lack of a better term, i think the best raitio i got out of him was 3 in 8 and it was in a bad spell, so it didnt really help, i've started again and i am having much more success without him

yea i have tried that, and MANY different systems, and he just derps....for lack of a better term, i think the best raitio i got out of him was 3 in 8 and it was in a bad spell, so it didnt really help, i've started again and i am having much more success without him

Well... Sold him to Bordeaux in the end for £4m as he couldn't keep up with the likes of Kadlec, Niang, Tevez and Cavani :p

I played kuyt as an inside forward on the right and started banging in the goals so i gradually moved him into the middle and put suarez on the right and i seemed to be scoring more goals in games, i think its just pot luck with injuries etc other strikers step up when others arnt and they stay consistant, i have just bought cavani and used most of my transfer funds up now bought him for £29mill bargain i hope! Got 6 mill left any one no any wonderkids i may not have picked up?

I played kuyt as an inside forward on the right and started banging in the goals so i gradually moved him into the middle and put suarez on the right and i seemed to be scoring more goals in games, i think its just pot luck with injuries etc other strikers step up when others arnt and they stay consistant, i have just bought cavani and used most of my transfer funds up now bought him for £29mill bargain i hope! Got 6 mill left any one no any wonderkids i may not have picked up?

Cavani is a steal at that price ! 40 goals in 49 apps says it all.

Mbaye Niang is a good shout. Not sure how much he'd cost you. Cost me around £6m. Defo worth it though, gonna be a beast !

I managed to sell aqulani luckly i think at the end of the season ac milan offered me £5 mill i snapped it up as i believed i wouldnt get much more, joe cole left for aston villa after i put him up for sale and not needed, they payed me £4.8 mill over 48 months which should help the finances others such as doni adam and carroll i think you should sell later on. Carroll iv heard turns into a beast after 3 seasons and adam will probably gain interest from clubs near january this happened to me last year!

Funny you should say that i just signed niang for 2.1 mill! It says as weakness is he is selfish but i love that in a striker haha cheers for the advice!

If anyone wants a DREAM partnership up front for Liverpool in the first season - pair Suarez with Seydou Doumbia from CSKA.

They're absolutely tearing it up for me so far, early on in the season.

Set Suarez to Trequartista (Attack) and Doumbia to Poacher (Attack) and watch the magic unfold.

View attachment 201960

Since my last post, the very next game actually, Doumbia got to work. Check it out.

View attachment 201964

Seriously can't recommend him enough right now. Suarez had about 3 or 4 assists too.

Last edited:
Since my last post, the very next game actually, Doumbia got to work. Check it out.

View attachment 201964

Seriously can't recommend him enough right now. Suarez had about 3 or 4 assists too.

**** me, and I thought my Tevez - Cavani partnership was class. Defo need to try this at some point !

**** me, and I thought my Tevez - Cavani partnership was class. Defo need to try this at some point !

Tevez-Cavani sounds boss. You're a few seasons in right? What's your team looking like now?

Tevez-Cavani sounds boss. You're a few seasons in right? What's your team looking like now?

Yeah, I'm in November 2013.

View attachment 201967

Did some major re-modelling. Suarez hated me, so him I had to sell for £18m. Brought in Tevez for £7.5m. So not to bad. Made some major profit. About to buy a new RB and sell Johnson now. Robinson & Sterling are keeping Jose Angel and Lavezzi out of the team basically. Both godlike!

Yeah, I'm in November 2013.

View attachment 201967

Did some major re-modelling. Suarez hated me, so him I had to sell for £18m. Brought in Tevez for £7.5m. So not to bad. Made some major profit. About to buy a new RB and sell Johnson now. Robinson & Sterling are keeping Jose Angel and Lavezzi out of the team basically. Both godlike!

Wow that's impressive!

Did you get anybody to tutor Jack Robinson and Sterling? Send them on loan anywhere?

Wow that's impressive!

Did you get anybody to tutor Jack Robinson and Sterling? Send them on loan anywhere?

I had Aurelio tutor Robinson and Kuyt and Cavani tutor Sterling. I loaned out Sterling to Huddersfield in the first season. But never Robinson. Robinson was in my first team from day one, and so was Sterling. Sterling now has a 4½* PA. Never going after scout reports, just thought it was pretty impressive.

View attachment 201988View attachment 201989View attachment 201990View attachment 201991

Screenies of Robinson and Sterling if you're interested in seeing them :)

If anyone wants a DREAM partnership up front for Liverpool in the first season - pair Suarez with Seydou Doumbia from CSKA.

They're absolutely tearing it up for me so far, early on in the season.

Set Suarez to Trequartista (Attack) and Doumbia to Poacher (Attack) and watch the magic unfold.

View attachment 201960
THIS

Yeah I loaned out sterling to start with but now in.my second.season he is the perfect impact sub! Plus steve clarke keeps.tellin.me.he is progressing very well. robinson is pretty much my second choice left back and with enrique constantly injured he plays a fair bit! Oh yh cavani has to.be the best forward on the game incredible goals! 8 goals in 6 games so far!

Yeah I loaned out sterling to start with but now in.my second.season he is the perfect impact sub! Plus steve clarke keeps.tellin.me.he is progressing very well. robinson is pretty much my second choice left back and with enrique constantly injured he plays a fair bit! Oh yh cavani has to.be the best forward on the game incredible goals! 8 goals in 6 games so far!

Enough said. Beast !

View attachment 202027

Has anyone come across a good right winger i swear there is none about for under £20million.