Football Manager 2012 : Liverpool Thread

Hey all,
I've been playing FM 2010 for the last couple years and I just got FM 2012 last night and holy **** it's awesome! I'm still in the pre-season for my Liverpool save but I can already tell this is going to be a lot of fun.

I'm looking forward to checking out this thread some more because there is a lot of good stuff here.

Cheers!

Third season with Liverpool. Not doing to bad. January now, Hazard is injured for 6 months so I had to make a emergency AML purchase.

GK: Reina

RB: Corchia
CB: Papadopoulos
CB: Coates
LB: J. Robinson

CM: Gerrard
CM: Lucas/Inler

AMR: Sterling/Lavezzi
AML: Vargas

ST: Cavani
ST: Tevez

Subs: ter Stegen, Skrtel, Carragher, Inler/Lucas, Henderson, Kadlec, Niang.

Great team I built if I have to say so myself :L

Last edited:
Just Started My Season: WHAT TO DO!?

Just started my first season with Lpool =]

decided to try and sell maxi, brad jones, then possibly aurellio, kuyt or skrtel???

also whats the best pre season training for them ??

cheers

YNWA

Carroll's 23 goals in 16 games (TM - Support! hold up ball, run with ball, run from deep, through balls sometimes long shots, cross ball never, short passing, make him TM ball to mixed! set floating crossing and ask all of your players to cross the ball to him, normal movement and no roaming! no creative freedom either!)

any chance of the screen shot of his tactics page. how do you play the rest if the team, 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1

Carroll's 23 goals in 16 games (TM - Support! hold up ball, run with ball, run from deep, through balls sometimes long shots, cross ball never, short passing, make him TM ball to mixed! set floating crossing and ask all of your players to cross the ball to him, normal movement and no roaming! no creative freedom either!)

any chance of the screen shot of his tactics page. how do you play the rest if the team, 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1

These are my last two results (followed on from my previous post)

Liverpool 5-0 Aston Villa- Kuyt, Coates, Downing, Bellamy, Carroll.
QPR 0-3 Liverpool- Agger, Carroll, De-Bruyne.

I made a slight change to my team last night, seeing as Saurez generally hates me and is always poor anyway i decided to play a lone striker. 4-1-1-3-1.

RB: Johnson
CB: Agger
LB: Enrique

CDM: Lucas (Deep-lying Playmaker, Defend)

CM: Adam (Not sure, il check tonight)

AMR: Downing (Winger, Attack)
AMC: Shelvey (Treq, Attack) (Gerrard is injured, credit to Shelvey though hes doing brilliantly)
AML: Bellamy (Winger Attack)- Absolutely brilliant for me.

ST: Kuyt (Target man, Attack)- 4 in 5 for Kuyt, Carroll scoring in his last two games (2 in 5).

Pleased for Carroll as he seems to be finding his feet. Kuyt is a beast though and seems to find the net quite easily. Even though its very early im losing patience with Saurez and im probably going to get rid of him. Kevin De Bruyne is a perfect signing from Genk, 625k for those stats is unbelievable, scored on his debut for me.

I have just finished the 1st season having won the league. Signed Hazard and trying to sign Cavani.
Kuyt has been immense for me in the first season after big injurues to both Carroll (6 months out) and Suarez (7 months out). Coates is now a first team regular. Sold Skrtel, Shelvey, Maxi and Doni.

I need good trainings and tactics for my LFC save, please!

Just started a game with LFC. I got Doumbia for around £15M and am going to test the following line-up:

Reina: GK
Johnson: WBR, support
Enrique: FB, attack
Agger: BPD, stopper
Carra: CD, covering
Lucas: DMC, defend
Gerrard: CM, support
Downing: AML, adv. playmaker, attack
Kuyt: AMR, winger, attack
Suarez: SC, Trequarista, attack
Doumbia: SC, Poacher, attack

Tactic settings: Fluid, control

So far the upsides are:
Doumbia/Suarez
Creating chances

Downsides are:
Ball Possessions
Defensive line getting overrun (might be because of a high closing down on my WB/FB?)
Andy Carroll

I am looking to add a decent backup for Johnson and Lucas, otherwise the squad seems fine for the first season.
My first thoughts are Vrsaljko and Mahamadou Diarra. Any ideas? I paid for Doumbia through 48 months but am not sure the board will back me once again for another big signing...

Still working on fine-tuning the tactics... I will post results and Prnt Scrns later.

So, an update on my game...
Still trying to run the same tactics and making it work. I have optimized Reinas individual setup, as I was getting tired of him kicking the ball at the opposing midfield, just for them to have a counterattack. I have asked him to distribute to my defenders and it has helped a lot. Now I am the one getting something out of my goalkicks :)
Another thing I have been dealing with, is my possession game. I am still having problems dominating the game when playing away. Can't figure out what to do. Any ideas?

Third season with Liverpool. Not doing to bad. January now...

How are you doing in defence? In my game I am often getting overrun when a defender pushes up... Deep/Push up defensive line? Closing down?
Offensively I am doing fine - Suarez and Doumbia are firing :)

How are you doing in defence? In my game I am often getting overrun when a defender pushes up... Deep/Push up defensive line? Closing down?
Offensively I am doing fine - Suarez and Doumbia are firing :)

Not to bad. I barely keep any clean sheets, but doesn't matter to me, as long as I score more goals than the opposition team. Getting Papadopoulos and Corchia in my squad certainly helped the defence though.

Third season with Liverpool. Not doing to bad. January now, Hazard is injured for 6 months so I had to make a emergency AML purchase.

RB: Corchia
CB: Papadopoulos
LB: J. Robinson

CM: Gerrard
CM: Lucas/Inler

AMR: Sterling/Lavezzi
AML: Vargas

ST: Cavani
ST: Tevez

Subs: ter Stegen, Skrtel, Carragher, Inler/Lucas, Henderson, Kadlec, Niang.

Great team I built if I have to say so myself :L

How you getting on with Sterling, I really can't get him to improve much :/

How you getting on with Sterling, I really can't get him to improve much :/

Sterling is keeping Lavezzi out of the team. His stats aren't the best as of yet, but his performance is great.

Hes 18 on mine now and not improved at all. Played him in cup games etc and tried to loan him out but no one wants him.. Hes gone from 4 star potential to 3 star in the scout reports as well..

Jack Robinson on the other hand is a machine!

Hes 18 on mine now and not improved at all. Played him in cup games etc and tried to loan him out but no one wants him.. Hes gone from 4 star potential to 3 star in the scout reports as well..

Jack Robinson on the other hand is a machine!

Lol, the complete opposite on mine. I gave him a lot of league games in the third season (Where I am now), and he went from a 3 star PA to a 4½ star PA. Not to shabby if I say so myself.

There I agree with you. Robinson bosses the fullback area!

If people want to be surprised they should try Jordan Henderson (retrain him) at AMR in their first season with Liverpool. Play him as a Winger-Support along with Downing at AML as a Winger-Attack and just watch the goals and assists fly in.

I'm second season now, after winning a league and cup double in my first season. Just thumped Werder Bremen 8-0 on the road in the CL.

2nd season signings:
Papadopolous
Cavani
Neymar
Wilshere

And promoted Raheem Sterling who is holding his own already at 17years old

Can anybody recommend an Advanced Playmaker as a replacement for Gerrard?

Gotze
Ramsey
Wilshere

?:)

Was hoping for some cheaper suggestions, as I usually only get a £35m budget, and still need another player or two.

But I'll see how much Wenger would want for them... And Dortmund in that case.

Cheers :)

Was hoping for some cheaper suggestions, as I usually only get a £35m budget, and still need another player or two.

But I'll see how much Wenger would want for them... And Dortmund in that case.

Cheers :)

Another would be Marvin Martin or Ikay Gudinon (sp) from dortmund he's got great stats and only cost me £13.5 M