Football Manager 2012 New Features You Would Like to See

Pre-Order FM2012

Pre-Order your copy of Football Manager 2012 today so it will be delivered to your door on the official store release date! New is release date will be October/November!! The Island Game Store will have stock before the release date ready to dispatch to you in time!!

The Island Game Store — Football Manager 2012 - Pre-Order for Delivery Before Christmas

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

Being able to play like Barca!
In FM 2011 it is impossible to play like Barca and have 60-70% possesion against big teams like Real,Manchester,Chelsea...
One of the main reasons is that immediately after Barcelona lose the ball they work hard to recover it,and in FM you just cant set the high pressing and other aspects that are important to recover a ball quickly.The passing looks very stiff and the current match engine just doesnt seem to be able to emulate Barcas possesion football and silky smooth fluid passing.

Basically, improved contracts, transfers, interaction, scouting and more realistic match experiences - like fights, diving and more teams being booed off if they have intolerant fans.

fm 2012 should include the option for online friendlies against other users, try out your team with a slightly more competitive edge as it is not always possible to play full seasons with other users but the option for mini tournaments and friendlies using your squad to gain match fitness would be a good idea

I don't like the "gain match fitness" idea

But it wouldn't be bad to have tournaments and such using either 1. Default teams and 2. Custom teams (with various qualifying levels)

I believe they should make difficulty levels for the game as it quickly becomes very easy and unchallenging. Something like "Getting to know the game", "Experienced Managers" and "World Class Managers" for the guys who want a true challenge.

I believe they should make difficulty levels for the game as it quickly becomes very easy and unchallenging. Something like "Getting to know the game", "Experienced Managers" and "World Class Managers" for the guys who want a true challenge.
think already exists mate something like past experience settings if i remember correctly

It's called Alt+Tab, kingmatt....

I think the game needs to have "wide play" in the tactics section revamped. At least add an option "Stick to middle". My tactic would be perfect if my 6'8" would stay central instead of drifting to the wings.

Sorry if this has already been said but ive got 3 ideas.

1. I hate when your offering a contract to someone and they have no demands so you have to fill in everything yourself. You put what you think is right in then they reject the contract offer straight away because your way off limits? What do you want then??

2. Rather then watching from the top of the stadium, you should sit in the dugout and if you wanted to change tactics eg. youd have to walk to your technical area and then call out 'get forward' as an example.

3. More board interations, they might get angry and warn you as you play your last match rather then just reports of you getting sacked by the media.

I keep forgetting to suggest this...

...Animated Ad boards for top stadiums

Sorry if this has already been said but ive got 3 ideas.

1. I hate when your offering a contract to someone and they have no demands so you have to fill in everything yourself. You put what you think is right in then they reject the contract offer straight away because your way off limits? What do you want then??

2. Rather then watching from the top of the stadium, you should sit in the dugout and if you wanted to change tactics eg. youd have to walk to your technical area and then call out 'get forward' as an example.

3. More board interations, they might get angry and warn you as you play your last match rather then just reports of you getting sacked by the media.
think i read somewhere they will be doin 2 and three of your suggetions more camera angles and views and better interactions:)

Id like to see a 'chemistry factor' between players
so players develop an understanding as they play more games together

I really like the idea that you can put the 'stars' in a bigger perspective.

Like if you are planning on promotion to a higher league, that you can already check which players you can take with you and what kind of players you should looking for if you want to survive.

Maybe it could be taken further that you could actually choose a different league as well.. maybe like.. you are training a team in Germany, but would like to see how your players would match up in the premier league or in the champions league (if your national league isn't that interesting)

Sure you can just look at the players with the highest stars and select those but sometimes players would drop so much you had to start with a completely new team in the higher league, but didn't have the time/money because you noticed it so late.

What I also want to see is that the Dutch semi-professional league (topklasse) is in this year. It already existed last year but was not in FM2010 (while the league below the topklasse was in it) -- strange!

What I don't want to see is that you can buy stuff with your salary.. sure it's fun if you could buy a nice red/yellow/gold sports car with your in game earned money.. but then what? Next thing people want to 'use' the things they bought and this wonderful game turns into the sims or some sort of racing game ;p
It's a football MANAGER game not a football manager LIFE game ;p

Take out agents, they're frustrating.
Too many bookings in comparison to FM 10
Actually to me FM11 is WORSE than FM 10, so make it as epic
as 10.
Oh yeah and screw 3D graphics and sound, this game was always about gameplay and depth, you want graphics
go play Fifa 2011 on your Xbox

Things i'd like to see

Match engine improvements- Strikers not constantly missing sitters no matter their ratings to be fixed, more realistic passing as something seems off to me about the passing game in the match engine atm.
Transfers- Clubs are more interested in your players and it's easier to sell them for big money. AI clubs demands to be lower for players under 4 to 5 million in value. AI is better with transfers too
Player interaction- More team talk options and better interaction.

More info about the corporate facilities at your club and the option of asking for the board to improve them eg more boxes or luxury seats

I remember reading this thread a while ago so some of these may have been said by someone else, but here goes:

- Manager reputation traits - ie. you earn a reputation for being a particular kind of manager - always splash out on expensive players/never sell players/focus on youth etc. This could influence clubs hiring you or players moving to your club.

- Sorting out manager wages. I wouldn't mind implementing a way of this money being used but I definitely want it to be negotiable if it's kept in. Whenever I'm offered a contract I'm can't negotiate lower than the board's initial offer - if my club doesn't have much money I don't want to be paid £40,000 a week.

- Board interviews. Having an interview with the board of a club when you apply for a job - questions about why you want the job, the kind of football you want to play, your aspirations. I guess fairly similar to your introductory press conference but as a job interview. You could have something similar with a new chairman if the club is taken over too.

- Press conferences. More questions. Or at least don't always ask the same question in the exact same way.

- More of a manager profile. It would be nice if you could have more about your playing history - ie. which specific clubs you played for and the success you had, rather than just your experience and favourite club.

I think the negotiations could be improved so that when a player wants for eg. £25,000 but you can only offer £22,000 but they wont accept that. You should be able to explain to the agent thats all youre able to offer rather than walking away and that agent holds a grudge against you for the rest of the game.

Take out agents, they're frustrating.
Too many bookings in comparison to FM 10
Actually to me FM11 is WORSE than FM 10, so make it as epic
as 10.
Oh yeah and screw 3D graphics and sound, this game was always about gameplay and depth, you want graphics
go play Fifa 2011 on your Xbox

Have the option to switch on/off agents. (Only at start of game)

Dunno if it's already been said because I don't want to search through 86 pages of posts to find out but I really want to see more realism just generally in other matches in my league.
I'm fed up of seeing teams going down with less than 10 points on the board and the top teams winning the league, dropping less than 10 points all season and conceding only 10 goals, it's just not realistic, if memory serves correct only Chelsea have conceded less than 20 goals in a season in recent times. I just want to see less of a gulf throughout the Premier League (as the only league i've played a lot in so know well enough to comment).

Back