Football Manager 2013 Demo - Download Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 players missing from Bath City squad. is this likely to change in the full game?

Post in the SI forums bugs.

Now a question of my own: how can I download the demo, having the beta with Steam?. Clicking download demo does nothing and I assume it's because I've got the beta.

Post in the SI forums bugs.

Now a question of my own: how can I download the demo, having the beta with Steam?. Clicking download demo does nothing and I assume it's because I've got the beta.

Yeah it is because you have the beta mate.

Okay so I just downloaded the demo and started an Everton save. Now, maybe it's because I liked the FM12 lay-out so much and I've grown so used to it, but my first impression is that I don't like the new lay-out (at all). :s Everything seems to be somehow hidden or smaller. And the placement of certain buttons is not ideal I think. E.g. the options on the team overview/tactics screen: the buttons are small and in the top right corner and they're hard to click.
I reckon it's got something to do with me playing with a touchpad instead of an actual mouse, but I play FM12 in the same way and I'm never bothered by it there. In this short period of FM13 playtime however I've been annoyed on several occasions by the difficulty level of simply trying to go to your team tactics or set pieces screen for example. So navigation seems a bit of a downside at the moment. Perhaps I'll get used it, I can't really remember if I felt the same way when I first played FM12 but I don't think so. I'm not too sure about the scout reports either. They were okay the way they were in FM12, but there are a few nice little features on the FM13 reports (like the interest bar and the role-dependent evaluations). Not a fan of the in-your-face huge star ratings though. I don't know, the general look and feel of the game seem a bit off to me :(

Has anyone else playing the demo or beta felt this way? And was it only a matter of getting used to it for you? Or are you hoping for a better custom skin or something?

just downloaded now for the first time :) looks quite nice so far, like the easy flow of screens and interaction!

I decided to go for Fellaini :) this is the deal I offered for him :)

£5m plus Anderson! pretty good if you ask me!

this is pretty appalling to be honest! just got smashed 5:1 at Sporting..

seems as though the bugs have not been sorted out

the crossing bug has bein i think i very rarely conced to a cross anymore but the keepers are complete **** and players just stand looking at the ball all the time its so stupid

Mine must be broke, England won the world cup with Crouch as top goalscorer!!

Mine must be broke, England won the world cup with Crouch as top goalscorer!!

uruaguy or however u spell them won it in mine, after the 2nd season also alex ferguson arsene wenger and martin o neill retired lol

There`s a big problem with the players movement, marking & positioning in the field, we need a patch quick, sometimes is unplayable, and they have to do something about the passing and the Keepers. ****, never seen a FM Demo so ****** up.....

1) everyone lets the ball bounce! pathetic
2) no players can defend properly! its pathetic! I always have to "outscore" the opponents!
3) closing down and marking is appalling
4) tackling is really bad..
5) players are too fast! Nani runs through half the team!
6) goalkeepers are lame then pull off INCREDIBLE saves! their positioning is pathetic!
7) crossing is not fixed either...
8) at least I am getting a few results together.. some people have moaned about not being able to string results together.. (I just seem to outscore them which is fine for now.. using my new Might and Magic™ 2013)
9) it seems a bit unrealistic this year.. unless they are going for the smaller teams potentially beating the bigger teams programming etc.. Everton & Newcastle (1st & 2nd) are also a bit crazy even without Fellaini!
10) do not like the new training addition!

Match engine is appalling and the ball phyics (as mentioned earlier) are poor as ****! really not going to be getting the full release this Friday until all of this has been sorted out!

this is by far the buggiest version of Fm to date and SI are just getting lazier and more complacent as most of us/you are prepared to buy the game on BETA and spend the money on something that is not even playable! I have said it for years now that we need to make a stand against SI concerning the **** they release for us and have to wait for like 4 months before we can actually play the game properly after the 3rd official patch...

So I am going to make a stand this year, no more procrastinating!

1) everyone lets the ball bounce! pathetic
2) no players can defend properly! its pathetic! I always have to "outscore" the opponents!
3) closing down and marking is appalling
4) tackling is really bad..
5) players are too fast! Nani runs through half the team!
6) goalkeepers are lame then pull off INCREDIBLE saves! their positioning is pathetic!
7) crossing is not fixed either...
8) at least I am getting a few results together.. some people have moaned about not being able to string results together.. (I just seem to outscore them which is fine for now.. using my new Might and Magic™ 2013)
9) it seems a bit unrealistic this year.. unless they are going for the smaller teams potentially beating the bigger teams programming etc.. Everton & Newcastle (1st & 2nd) are also a bit crazy even without Fellaini!
10) do not like the new training addition!

Match engine is appalling and the ball phyics (as mentioned earlier) are poor as ****! really not going to be getting the full release this Friday until all of this has been sorted out!

this is by far the buggiest version of Fm to date and SI are just getting lazier and more complacent as most of us/you are prepared to buy the game on BETA and spend the money on something that is not even playable! I have said it for years now that we need to make a stand against SI concerning the **** they release for us and have to wait for like 4 months before we can actually play the game properly after the 3rd official patch...

So I am going to make a stand this year, no more procrastinating!

this is exactly how 100% of people that love fm should be, this version is seriously pathetic and honestly anyone that says its just beta/demo is just an SI fanboy, some of these bugs should of bein fixed months ago not 2 weeks before release, totally unacceptable from any company let alone SI

I was really looking forward to the Demo this morning after a good weekend! I was thinking that a few people may have just been over exaggerating regarding the game (BETA) over the past week or so..

But I am sorely dissappointed today.. I am not even playing it at the moment, when I was sort of playing with United, I was not even looking for the new additions etc cause to be honest its just a bullshit cover up for a **** game!

So ****** off with SI! I was sticking up for them the whole of last week saying its just the BETA etc etc.. and now the demo is no different and quite clearly, the full release is not going to much different..

I know it is just the demo and BETA etc that are available at the moment but this close to full release its quite frankly pathetic and I will not be supporting them this year until its sorted out.. and that will be the end of February next year when the official 3rd patch is released!

Status
Not open for further replies.