Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement

Dunc

Keyboard Warrior
Reaction score
Miles has just released the press release.

View it here: Football Manager 2013 Announcement "Press Conference" - YouTube

Summary

Classic mode
Challenge mode
Unlockables
3D and dramatic changes to match AI, new and better cameras
Restructure of staff and roles, Director of Football
Network games via steam plus leaderboards
Revamped loan system
A total 900 new and improved features​

Last edited:
Screw the other modes, normal way for me only.. the more in depth the better! FMC is for *******

Tax Regimes? And the speed i play the game just got slower (H)

an initial press conference imo is a bad place to announce features that make the game more accessible. The people paying attention to a press conference about a football simulator are not going to play FMC, we are the hard core players who want to play 10 hours a week+ :).

Disappointed that was the focus.

it was just the first mate :) I am sure there will be more in depth conferences for us "proper" FM players..

it is relative to the world though, everyone wants something done quickly, fast etc.. when it comes to games, I am the complete opposite, give me a game where I might have to spend 1 hour working out a puzzle or traping around dungeons to find something, or farming enemies for them to drop a certain weapon/armour etc :)

an initial press conference imo is a bad place to announce features that make the game more accessible. The people paying attention to a press conference about a football simulator are not going to play FMC, we are the hard core players who want to play 10 hours a week+ :).

I play about 60 hours per week now that i'm on holidays (except for the days i go out xD)

I saw the announcement on IGN the press conference was for the gaming media so that they can cover all the features and details SI and Sega want to sell the game to new players and casual gamers with.

don't care much for the so-called classic mode, which btw sounds everything but 'classic' to me... more of an 'arcade mode' maybe? I have a different idea of 'classic' FM...

Very excited about the 3d impliments and FMC will be good for games with mates, where you won't really care about the minor details you would in a long term save.

I was hoping they would add the Director of Football role. I'm sick of offering players contracts.

Watch me dominate all of your leaderboards. Pew pew!

Not true. Plenty of people on the SI forum are very happy about the new mode. And there was lots of info for hardcore gamers.

They just totally re did the match engine, the biggest change to that and the AI since 2009. I'd say that a pretty huge thing.

I just hope they've done all the player stats properly, noticed a few mistakes in 2012.

Very excited about the 3d impliments and FMC will be good for games with mates, where you won't really care about the minor details you would in a long term save.

I was hoping they would add the Director of Football role. I'm sick of offering players contracts.

Excited about all the changes to the match engine, cant wait to see more!

I just hope they've done all the player stats properly, noticed a few mistakes in 2012.

If you think data is wrong, use the data threads on the SI forum

buwhahahaaha!

I would not trust the Director (AI) offering out contracts to my players.. they ALWAYS over pay the bastards..

If you think data is wrong, use the data threads on the SI forum

I will if it's anything worth telling them about, the only thing I would do that for would be if Palace don't have a budget again, but I think we will. Can't wait for this game.

Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.

The main thing I'd like revamped is the media system, stories are too often repeated (though I suppose that's obvious with continued playing time).

Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.

View attachment 273695?

I will if it's anything worth telling them about, the only thing I would do that for would be if Palace don't have a budget again, but I think we will. Can't wait for this game.

Attributes are always subjective, but if you think something is inherently wrong and can back it up, researchers do listen.

Cant wait for it either, already lost interest in FM12 after listening to the conference.