Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement

When i herd FM Classic i imagined two different things. Either FM but scaled down so it would be like CM 01/02 speed. Or we would get classic databases say the real 96/97 season. Nevermind! Hope the network gaming is better this time

A lot of the features mentioned in that press conference seemed to be aimed to non experienced players of the games and some of the new modes sound very "dumbed down" so I'm hoping that this is just to create some new interest and they have still spent alot of time working on the normal mode.

Loving the idea of a tax regime and things like that. Director of Football is a realistic feature but could be a ***** if your owner hires one who starts buying players! (has happened in real life)

Saw this picture on facebook an it looks like they are offerng for you to pay money to buy cheats like being unsackable on no transfer windows or a £1 or being able to unlock through gameplayView attachment 273742

There could be a pre-order discount which seems to be on a lot of games recently. For example, the latest WoW expansion Mists of Pandaria, you get a pre-order price of £23.99 at Argos, £29.99 Blizzard and so on. May get the same thing for FM. Then again....maybe not. Have to wait and see
There was pre-orded discount last year, but it was symbolic. It's still going to be 30-40 euros. I got the game ( steam code) from some site for 25 dollars in December, which is pretty awesome deal. But there's a slight chance I'll get beta version this year, so pretty excited about that. Still, market version is going to be better, so I'll get it as soon as I can.

Really looking forward to FMC! Sounds really nice and I have always wondered why there was no challenge mode in previous versions.

Saw this picture on facebook an it looks like they are offerng for you to pay money to buy cheats like being unsackable on no transfer windows or a £1 or being able to unlock through gameplayView attachment 273742
I don't like this. This makes FM so much easier. FM should be ruthless, hardcore, anyone who use this is a sissy.

They are only for the FMC (Classic) Mode.

I've been playing this type of game since the release of the famous Elifoot 98. And then I've naturally migrated to the Championship Manager 99/00.

Those were games that entertain a lot and at the same time were really fast and easy.

I mean, why not do quicker version to the FM. I really think that was a great deal. And I'm happy to see that the thoughts of the creators are the same as mine. I'm now 26 years old and I don't have much time to play, it is good to know that I'll have a second option.

FMC

Hi guys, new here somewhat - only really use this place for the downloads.

I can't access the video because YouTube is blocked at work, but wondering what FMC is, and what people keep going on about? I have played the last 5 FM's, but don't understand the reference to FMC? Also, people were saying the unlockables were only on Classic Mode - what is this? Is it the mode I've been playing for 5 years, or is it dumbed down?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi guys, new here somewhat - only really use this place for the downloads.

I can't access the video because YouTube is blocked at work, but wondering what FMC is, and what people keep going on about? I have played the last 5 FM's, but don't understand the reference to FMC? Also, people were saying the unlockables were only on Classic Mode - what is this? Is it the mode I've been playing for 5 years, or is it dumbed down?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ehr... You know that we're talking about FM2013 right, you're probably still playing FM 2012 or lower ;)

I'm excited but FMC sounds rubbish and those unlockables sound like they make it too easy. I'm using normal and I'll see how DoFs go since I don't want anything to do with them. My staff only get any say in the running of the club in the backroom advice window and I'm keeping it that way.

There are screenshots! They are really nice and not that dark and abstract anymore. It seems to me that they took the good things from FIFA Managers (hides for angry hords of people) like the lay-out, pictograms and weekly training schedules, but still have the depths we love the game for.

Don't think FMC sounds that terrible to be honest. If you don't have time to play properly because of work or whatever, or are just a casual player sounds ideal to me. Won't be using it myself as I don't have a life but think it's a good thing

Don't think FMC sounds that terrible to be honest. If you don't have time to play properly because of work or whatever, or are just a casual player sounds ideal to me. Won't be using it myself as I don't have a life but think it's a good thing
I know, FMC would just bore me but if it attracts casual gamers then it's fine because then their is more money to be reinvested into the game. If they put a lot more effort into FMC than they have done creating it then it is a bad thing.

I know, FMC would just bore me but if it attracts casual gamers then it's fine because then their is more money to be reinvested into the game. If they put a lot more effort into FMC than they have done creating it then it is a bad thing.

Doubtful to be honest. They'll want to carefully balance it between both types of players without disappointing/narking the players who play it properly. And no doubt further down the line there'll be patches to improve it aswell

Unlockables, by the screenie I've seen, means cheats to buy. Even if it's not just cheats but also options, not happy with it.

:'(

Not annoyed because as far as I'm concerned I just won't care to buy any of them. However, the direction it points to is bad. But then, I think SI has made some great decissions in some matters as to trust that's not going to get to make FM13 my last FM. (A)

Unlockables, by the screenie I've seen, means cheats to buy. Even if it's not just cheats but also options, not happy with it.

Not annoyed because as far as I'm concerned I just won't care to buy any of them. However, the direction it points to is bad. But then, I think SI has made some great decissions in some matters as to trust that's not going to get to make FM13 my last FM. (A)

Microtransactions are for FMC mode only

The only problem I have with [del]unlocks[/del] cheats like that is that it's real money only. At least give people some way to get them without having to spend real money - no matter how absurd and time consuming.

edit - Nevermind.

I can't wait for more information on the normal mode,
i wont play FMC but i think it is a good idea, for the franchise itself, and even for noobs of FM that can learn the basics, and then step up to the full blown tactical side of the game