Football Manager 2013 Official Announcement

Just wondering what kind of things the leaderboards are going to rank us on?

Probably the same stuff that is in the hall of fame in the game. Or maybe it'll be even more in depth and take note of promotions and such. Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but did they mention anything about dynamic rivalries yet?

Probably the same stuff that is in the hall of fame in the game. Or maybe it'll be even more in depth and take note of promotions and such. Maybe I'm having a brain fart, but did they mention anything about dynamic rivalries yet?

i've not seen anything mentioned but one of the screenshots of afc wimbledon had mk dons under the rivals and it had historic in brackets so that virtually confirms that there are different types of rivalries and might hint towards towards dynamic rivalries but i don't remember hearing/ seeing anything official about rivalries.

All of what I've seen from the screenshots look okay but in my opinion the interface looks a little messy . I just hope they actually improved the ME and not just added 800 + new features to the game although I like the DoF in the game part already.

Really looking forward to FMC! Sounds really nice and I have always wondered why there was no challenge mode in previous versions.

The FMC really sounds like fun. Playing in a network game with multiple friends was always hard because you'd lose track of what you were doing if you only meet and play 1 or 2 times a week. It would always take ages before you got to finally start playing matches. With the Classic mode it'll be faster (I hope as fast as CM01-02).

I also read somewhere that you could play with your team from a save games against a friend's team who's playing a different save game. If this happens this year's installment is going to be so much fun :)

There was pre-orded discount last year, but it was symbolic. It's still going to be 30-40 euros. I got the game ( steam code) from some site for 25 dollars in December, which is pretty awesome deal. But there's a slight chance I'll get beta version this year, so pretty excited about that. Still, market version is going to be better, so I'll get it as soon as I can.

Just checked the price on Steam. £29.99 for pre-order, £39.99 rrp....ouch.

Yeah Football Manager 2012 was £29.99 as well, although there will be plenty of promotions on various sites to get some early sales.

Yeah Football Manager 2012 was £29.99 as well, although there will be plenty of promotions on various sites to get some early sales.

that is true. though with my edlerly status I forget these things :$ lol

Ordering anyway regardless of price-it'll be so worth it

Last edited:
Yes, but i'll check this page first
Code:
http://cdkeysdiscount.com/
since they were selling it for 25e ( not dollars, my bad :D).

Looks like you can hire a head of youth development, very welcome addition because added depth to the regen system of the game is a must.

Screw the other modes, normal way for me only.. the more in depth the better! FMC is for *******

Have played FM/CM since 01. If anything FMC is the ONLY thing tempting me to buy the new one. Don't get me wrong. I :wub: spending several hours setting up training schedules, hiring staff, attending press conferences, deciding what tone team talk my 16 year old sub might respond to best and answering the usual post-match press conference question of "well that was a good result?" after beating Barca 7-1 away from home...

Nothing would please me more than having several spare hours a week to finish a season on new FMs. Unfortunately I (and many) don't. I get maybe 4-6 hours a week to play. I want to see seasons progress asap and so FMC could be the way forward. Though if it offers little more than say, CM01/02 or FM08 but with an updated database then I'll give my £29.99 to Oxfam or some *****

Having played FM13, I can guarantee you won't be disappointed. The game is superb and a marked improvement on FM12.

Have you played all modes, namely FMC? How's it?

Yep. Awesome if you don't want to spend hours setting everything up.

Well I can assume Mike. won't be using it then going by what people say about his setting up time lol

Well I can assume Mike. won't be using it then going by what people say about his setting up time lol

If anything, with some of the as yet unannounced new features, he will be taking a fair bit longer.

Best to play him on FMC if you're doing a net game :p

If anything, with some of the as yet unannounced new features, he will be taking a fair bit longer.

Best to play him on FMC if you're doing a net game :p

I do admit I'm just as guilty. Even during pre-season I can easily spend a whole day setting everything-literally. From booting up in the morning until night time, then don't get round to playing a game until next day. Tactics, positioning, instructions, going through all the squads, then organising the scouting. I have tried to tone down though-but failed miserably lol

I do admit I'm just as guilty. Even during pre-season I can easily spend a whole day setting everything-literally. From booting up in the morning until night time, then don't get round to playing a game until next day. Tactics, positioning, instructions, going through all the squads, then organising the scouting. I have tried to tone down though-but failed miserably lol
The beauty of FMC now it seems. I'm a long-term FM/CM'er like urself but I've long grown tired of the new versions endless additions that just make seasons longer and longer. I'd dare say the likes of FM2016 will only be playable by the unemployed or exceptionally rich!

I'd like to know how come Dunc has played FM13. Like several people here I spend ages setting up everything so everything is almost perfect for me in the backroom and makes my season a lot easier.