Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

That's reported and acknowledge mate, I don't believe it was taken out intentionally. It's a particular pain when trying to find your team on a large cup draw.

That's reported and acknowledge mate, I don't believe it was taken out intentionally. It's a particular pain when trying to find your team on a large cup draw.

Ahh good to hear. It is rather frustrating lol

Major bug, few games into the season and I want to make tactical changes at half time. I do the changes, confirm, but it won't let me press play on the game, so I have to cancel them, and it lets me kick off for second half. I let play continue, try again, same problem. Even with quick substitution it won't let me continue in the game.

I did have my first crash earlier during my league cup semi final 2nd leg match against Blackburn, no reason for it but it is the only 1 so far and hopefully my last.

I'm getting crash reports upon exiting the game. No biggie, but it was the same with FM13.

I started the game as unemployed and got a job mid way through the season. At the press conference before my first match I got the same questions I would have got if I had been the manager...

I'm getting crash reports upon exiting the game. No biggie, but it was the same with FM13.

None yet for me on exiting of the game. From my own experience, fm 2013 was notorious for it upon every game exit.

I'm really enjoying 14, it's strange how I gauge how good an FM is based on how well I do, doing **** game is flawed, doing well game is excellent and I'm a tactical god.
If I was being honest Id say it was a bit too easy, but I'll take that over being too hard! :)
was a bit of a shock to see no sliders as I have never used the shouts on any FM and preferred the classic TC, but I can say i've been converted, I can see a lot of time being saved not endlessly deliberating with myself over 1 click here, 2 clicks there.

really enjoying fm14 sitting 8th in league one with crewe could be even higher if my key players dint keep getting injurys,

ive noticed there seems to be more injuries on fm14 than fm13 especially serious ones ive got/had 4/5 players out for 4-5 months nd one 6-8 months, and its really took its toll on the teams performance as there all my key players

Is it just me, or is it impossible to be able to keep players going through a run of games? I can't even keep up any reliable form because my **** star players are constantly needing rest. I'm stuck having to put in youth players because of this ****. If anyone has some suggestions, please, tell me.
And the defensive errors...it's near impossible for me to even keep a cleansheet.
Aside from those complaints, I love the game. The UI is clean and the 3d Match Engine looks great. The Transfer Deadline Day is also great.

Is it just me, or is it impossible to be able to keep players going through a run of games? I can't even keep up any reliable form because my **** star players are constantly needing rest. I'm stuck having to put in youth players because of this ****. If anyone has some suggestions, please, tell me.
And the defensive errors...it's near impossible for me to even keep a cleansheet.
Aside from those complaints, I love the game. The UI is clean and the 3d Match Engine looks great. The Transfer Deadline Day is also great.

If passing to SI Community Forum you will be able to know that there are still a lot of bugs and errors to deal with: instructions, discipline, press conferences, 3d match.

Loving it so far. I do miss the side notifications in the tactic screens though and have no clue why this was removed. For example in a 3 man defense it used to say: DCL,DC,DCR now it's back to DC,DC,DC.

I know it's very minor thing but I miss it none the less :)

After never really getting into FM13 for some reason I haveto say im really enjoying fm14 so far. Love the tactics overhaul which is a real breath of fresh air. Can now get my team playing exactly how I want them to with minimal fuss by giving the team specific instructions. Much more realistic and simpler. Thumbs up so far.

really enjoying fm14 sitting 8th in league one with crewe could be even higher if my key players dint keep getting injurys,

ive noticed there seems to be more injuries on fm14 than fm13 especially serious ones ive got/had 4/5 players out for 4-5 months nd one 6-8 months, and its really took its toll on the teams performance as there all my key players

I've also taken control of Crewe, I'm doing ok in 13th and unbeaten in my last 5 in the league, beat Tranmere on penalties in the John paint but got knocked out by Preston on pens next round. Did you manage to keep hold of Max Clayton? He wasn't interested in signing a new deal with me and Spurs and L'pool came in for him so he was sold whilst I could cash in.

Not found any major bugs yet, couple of niggles here and there but all in all very impressed.

I'm really annoyed at how certain roles are unable to performe individual tasks like cutting inside can't be done by wingers?

I'm really annoyed at how certain roles are unable to performe individual tasks like cutting inside can't be done by wingers?

I think you'll find some individual tasks are built into the player roles, for example cut inside is built into the inside forward role.

really enjoyin it started with portsmouth hope to get them to premiership.

altho i have to rely on loan signings so far lol

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

I think you'll find some individual tasks are built into the player roles, for example cut inside is built into the inside forward role.

Some of the instructions were greyed out (assuming it's them) but when hovering over that task it says it's not compatible so it's not the clearest of instructions. At least not to me.

thanks for clearing it up but was there any need to be condesending?

Just seen on twitter there's been an update for the Beta.

If you don't know how to get the update, simply save and quit the game, quit Steam. Then reopen steam and the update will download and you'll be able to continue your previously saved game.