Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

Dunc, you can tell to everyone in SI that you have developed a great game! I know that some bugs need to be fixed, but in general and the concepts introduced make the experience very enjoyable.

Btw, playing since 1992/1993 and if i was amazed with the realistic improvements in 13, 14 is well above.

Keep the good work

Dunc, you can tell to everyone in SI that you have developed a great game! I know that some bugs need to be fixed, but in general and the concepts introduced make the experience very enjoyable.

Btw, playing since 1992/1993 and if i was amazed with the realistic improvements in 13, 14 is well above.

Keep the good work

Cheers :) Always nice to see comments like this. Seems the game has gone down really well this year, so far anyway. Glad you are enjoying it and I hope you continue to for as long as possible. :D

Cheers :) Always nice to see comments like this. Seems the game has gone down really well this year, so far anyway. Glad you are enjoying it and I hope you continue to for as long as possible. :D

Have to concur. Already tweeted Miles saying just how good a job has been done on this.

This weekend I'd normally be doing a Warcraft session. Safe to say those plans went down the crapper-raid has been scrapped lol.

As an FMC'er I don't see what you can add to FMC15 to make me need to buy it (custom leagues maybe). Other than that, having more than 3 nations and being able to remove lower divisions is all that was missing for me from FMC13 where I done over 120 seasons on one save alone

As an FMC'er I don't see what you can add to FMC15 to make me need to buy it (custom leagues maybe). Other than that, having more than 3 nations and being able to remove lower divisions is all that was missing for me from FMC13 where I done over 120 seasons on one save alone

With the game, a masseur will be offer, so you backs don't get hurt for spending so much time playing :D
For normal gamers with will be a stripper to help you pass the time between loads :D

It's under the 'Training' area of the 'Club' (not first team) staff responsibilities. :) Should say "First Team Match Preperation" and then one for your reserves too.

Nice one, thanks.

I mainly work on FMC atm, and I love it too. The increase in DB size and the increased amount of league was something I personally really like too, I don't normally run with lots of leagues loaded but I do like a large DB.

Couple of things I'd like:
When viewing the tactics screen, I customise the view with Condition, Last 5 Games, Star Ratings etc. However, when I try to adjust the size of them it snaps them back to a width where some of them are cut off. Hope this will be fixed in the main game.
Also, when viewing a player screen, the top right 'positions' part has their best roles but no star ratings for them, where 2013 did. Also hope this can be fixed =)

I'm finding it difficult to have instructions that fit around my Aberdeen side and always find myself going behind...

Hi mates. I've a weird problem. My FM14 is working quite slowly(specially during the match). FM13 worked very smoothly with the same settings as I have now in FM14. I am surprised because a lot of the reviews that FM14 runs smoother than its predecessor. Do you have an idea what could be wrong? This is nothing out of the computer, because I fired just FM13 and still run faster than 14

Even more realism!

I'm at Arsenal, Wenger just took over Man City. His first move is to make a bid for Wilshere and enquire about Ramsey. Marvellous!

So.. I hate the tactics system. Really miss the sliders!.. Realism or not, it's a game God **** it! :(

Also, for some mental reason my game feels the need to display everything in dollars despite it being set to pounds.. Oh well.

Im really loving the game atm, for the first time ever im actually doin well with a tactic ive created myself! Also the football is quite attractive aswell. Cant find any faults with it except some minor glitches. Great work si!

Anybody else finding this version easier than fm 2013? I didn't really struggle on last years version but this version certainly seems easier, either that or I am getting my tactics spot on. :)

I think this game is broken.. Just signed Leandro Damiao for ?4m with Wigan... LOL :)

Absolutely love the game, it's made leaps and bounds in my eyes! Only one hiccup for me is the fact that your assistant managers in-game advice goes extremely fast, i have little time to read it never mind apply it.

Played it for a few hours last night. Loving the changes.

The screen layout is far easier and all the info is in your inbox without having to jump to another page.

The new tactic layout is far better too. Really liking it atm.

Started with M'boro and signed Michael Keane on loan (beast) Nadjim Abdou and Lee Wallace, sitting in the play-offs half way through so enjoying it. Also sold Rhys Williams for ?6m!

Absolutely love the game, it's made leaps and bounds in my eyes! Only one hiccup for me is the fact that your assistant managers in-game advice goes extremely fast, i have little time to read it never mind apply it.

I think by default they only display for 3 seconds. You can change it by clicking on the icon at the top right corner (looks like a speech bubble) and then choose 'Match Feed Settings'. You can then choose various settings for the feed on there.