Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

Dunno if its just my computer, but i have noticed some loading times are longer than before ?

Such as pressing Private chat or loading a league ?

May just be my 4 * pc though ?

Anyone else ?

Just noticed something else, absolutely brilliant - 'Unrealistic Transfers' changes A LOT more throughout the season, which is very, very realistic. I was sick in previous games of players not being attracted to clubs even when they'd won the CL for three season in a row, etc.

Backroom advice has especially long loading times. It's also reported and acknowledged as a bug and being worked on. May be the same or similar.

I simply love it :wub:

If the defensive Mids and defenders get slightly more agressive, then I am truly happy ( although my Shadow striker would not agree )

what was this ?

You used to be able to just buy players over 48 months, effectively quadrupling your transfer budget, but it now makes clear when you try that '? Xm will be deducted from your transfer budget for the next 3 seasons'

Yeah, Preferences/Interface and change rendering.

Anyone else been a national manager ?

Joe hart has just had a shocker, so after the match I wanted to lay into him !

Turns out, "I didn't think there was anything we needed to discuss right now"

And I cant speak to him? Im positive last year + in real life, you will speak to someone after they have a shocker ?

Can't believe my players are crossing the ball and my other players are actually getting on the end of them to head and volley them in. Amazing!

So far so good, if all the changes/updates and improvements work as well as I hope then it will be great and another winter will be over in the blink of an eye. Just trying MLS for first time and the transfer system and draft will take a bit of time to understand.

The skin you start with is so bright it burns my eyes, is FM Dark going to be in the full release?

I'm liking the match engine so far, well now i found a formation that works for me.. :)

Some great wing play, having the usual woodwork issue though and player fitness is dropped rapidly but nothing i didnt expect after last season.

Face pics next the scorer during the match looks great as well..

Really annoying that nothing has been done about players reacting negatively to team talks. Playing as Roma, i barely managed a draw against a french third division team. I went for the "that's why we play friendlies, some work to be done"-comment. Now I have three players saying they don't want to play under a manager who treats his players like that. These guys are really hypersensitive to criticism.

EDIT: oh, and by the way. Anyone else have really pixelated text on this game? I have the 2013 Macbook Pro with Retina. The screen is amazing, but for some reason the text in the game looks really bad.

Last edited:
We have a whole room full of play testers over here at SI towers! :) So no need to worry about that, but the general user input is invaluable, as there is obviously a far higher amount of people on the beta now than there are playtesters at SI.
Yeah, I know, i was just messing with ya ;)
Oh btw, I was just wondering will the fm14 editor be out on the 31st with the full game?Or later/earlier.

Last edited: