Football Manager 2014 Beta - First Impressions

A lot of bugs, Polish league is out of date if we look at staf at clubs, i have high end pc and graphics somtimes laging, new system of managing tactics (need time to adjust that sliders desepired) lacking few futures that was introducet (where i can set behavior of player do the zone of the field they acctualy are? att/mid/def). I feal that this beta release is truly ALPHA one, so like each year we will have wait till christmas for 2-3 patches that will make this game look like should be at release date.

What are those features you mention we lack about def/mid/att ? I don't understand what is wrong with it.

Think its brilliant, havent run into any errors yet.
Love the tactical overhaul, and the new match prep you get from scouts.

Also love, that you dont have to pay some sick overprice for a player.

A lot of bugs, Polish league is out of date if we look at staf at clubs, i have high end pc and graphics somtimes laging, new system of managing tactics (need time to adjust that sliders desepired) lacking few futures that was introducet (where i can set behavior of player do the zone of the field they acctualy are? att/mid/def). I feal that this beta release is truly ALPHA one, so like each year we will have wait till christmas for 2-3 patches that will make this game look like should be at release date.

So, by 'a lot of bugs' you have stated 3, 2 of which aren't bugs and one which is a data error (possibly?).

Ok.

Seriously, pre-ordering should be restricted to those who pass an intelligence test. That way, no numpties will receive the beta.

i suspect this has already been asked/answered but how on earth can you change marking style (man/zonal) also how can you set how often you want your players to time waste ? cant find it anywhere

i suspect this has already been asked/answered but how on earth can you change marking style (man/zonal) also how can you set how often you want your players to time waste ? cant find it anywhere

Man marking was removed (the system not specific man marking) as it was anachronistic, and didnt really exist in football. All marking is zonal unless you use specific man marking (which is what actually happens in real life)

Seems more realistic. There won't be boat loads of takers for Anderson & Buttner in real life, for anywhere close to the prices Man Utd want. I heard Celtic sniffed at Buttner on loan, and even said no.

It should be a challenge to sell squad players, makes the DoF role more important.

Home games are no longer the procession of 4-0, 5-0 wins from FM13. Lots more 2-1 & 1-0 wins instead. Seems more realistic.

The loan system also seems more realistic, but a pain at the same time. I prefer to send a lot of fringe players on season long loans in the summer. Having to send them 3 months at a time is tedious.

Loving it though.

Man marking was removed (the system not specific man marking) as it was anachronistic, and didnt really exist in football. All marking is zonal unless you use specific man marking (which is what actually happens in real life)

For me, this is by far the best about FM14 as it has not been working as intended( what ever that was). Now, we will face opponenst whose defensive setup is not heavily flawed :D

So, my first impression of the beta.

... Its missing in action..come on Sean ! ;D

I dont have the option to change fm into windowed mode, anyone know a fix?

There has supposedly just been an update released to address that issue. Try restarting Steam, see if you get an update.

It was to do with smaller resolutions I believe.

I dont have the option to change fm into windowed mode, anyone know a fix?

An update was released earlier to play in windowed mode. May have to restart

only just opened fm and the option to put it in windowed mode is in faded grey and unclickable

yes, i havent done an update today. should i have?