Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

set training coaches for your youths squad like you do with first team players

bring in better tv interviews on yourself and players you buy, and be able to create your own manager just like LMA manager did,

if a legend player retires at your club have a testimonial match for him

being able to download your teams music when coming on pitch example LOCAL HERO for Newcastle, like on Fifa.

set training coaches for your youths squad like you do with first team players

you can mate :)

go to training (where you see your clubs name and senior squad, click the drop down menu and select U/18's and there you go :))

more depth to squad discipline. social media/new player screwups

1.)I had an idea regarding 'Experience'.

Say you were managing Liverpool, and last day of the season, had Tottenham away, whoever won clinched 4th, imagine Gerrard's experience in situations could somehow help influence his performance. Where as a younger player like Sterling would gain experience from it, but would be slightly perplexed by the sheer weight of the game, meaning you would have to find a balance of youth and experience like managers truly face when trying to find squad balance.

Also, say you won the title with Tottenham for the first time ever, people always mention it's harder to re-claim it then win it in the first place, so something like this would add to the head ache of being a manager. You have group of 21-25 year old first time League winners, but would they have the savvy to win it a second time? Surely needing experience and a level head would be attributes needed for the second season to hold the title? Something younger players wouldnt have but could learn with each success, giving the board and fans more understanding when you sign a 33 year old CM with 3 titles under his belt when you have 2-3 younger players who play well together in the positions, but that added Steele would be appreciated more.

2.)Also, another thing I'd love to incorporate would be players learning each others game, and bending to fit a style that suits them both, so Van Persie and Rooney at United gradually blending to becoming a better striker partnership. (The same with a GK and his Defenders, or two CB's, or 2 CM's or a Left back and Left winger and so on)

But then of course, certain players just wouldnt blend no matter what, such as being two similar or complete opposites (One's short and technical with 10-15 assists a season in him and the other is a bad finisher who acts better as a Target Man)

1.)I had an idea regarding 'Experience'.

Say you were managing Liverpool, and last day of the season, had Tottenham away, whoever won clinched 4th, imagine Gerrard's experience in situations could somehow help influence his performance. Where as a younger player like Sterling would gain experience from it, but would be slightly perplexed by the sheer weight of the game, meaning you would have to find a balance of youth and experience like managers truly face when trying to find squad balance.

Also, say you won the title with Tottenham for the first time ever, people always mention it's harder to re-claim it then win it in the first place, so something like this would add to the head ache of being a manager. You have group of 21-25 year old first time League winners, but would they have the savvy to win it a second time? Surely needing experience and a level head would be attributes needed for the second season to hold the title? Something younger players wouldnt have but could learn with each success, giving the board and fans more understanding when you sign a 33 year old CM with 3 titles under his belt when you have 2-3 younger players who play well together in the positions, but that added Steele would be appreciated more.

2.)Also, another thing I'd love to incorporate would be players learning each others game, and bending to fit a style that suits them both, so Van Persie and Rooney at United gradually blending to becoming a better striker partnership. (The same with a GK and his Defenders, or two CB's, or 2 CM's or a Left back and Left winger and so on)

But then of course, certain players just wouldnt blend no matter what, such as being two similar or complete opposites (One's short and technical with 10-15 assists a season in him and the other is a bad finisher who acts better as a Target Man)

1) I get what you are saying, but experience does count in the game and having players like Pirlo/Lamps/Gerrard around (especially tutoring youngsters) does help

2) when players are "favored personnel" they tend to play better together.

that has to do with player's stats (gk's communication and command of area)

Samba things Valdes orchestrates the defence well because Valdes' comm and command stats are 18 and 18 respectively

having the players speak the same language helps with this, team harmony helps with this..

these things are already in the game but are not nice little cosmetic gimmics that you can see at face value :)

I'm not sure if this has been said already, but I would really enjoy managing a reserve or youth team. You see it happen at the likes of Barcelona where they work their way up the pecking order, from youth manager, to reserves and eventually the first team.

The likes of Brendan Rodgers at Chelsea is a perfect example for this, with whom he was a youth manager, eventually going in to first team management.

Make it happen! :D

Something else I wouldn't mind seeing is generated career history as an option for users in the game. Just something that could add to managing certain clubs - like Guardiola would never manage Real and they wouldn't try to appoint him. Just a thought.

we used to be able to manage the reserve teams and U/18's

I think SI realised that maybe only 5% of its users probably did and though they would better improve the game elsewhere..

if you had to start a poll to see who would manage their reserve teams now in Fm13 you would be lucky to get 10% :)

i would like to see job interviews being introduced. When you apply for a job, you get an interview (if a possible candidate of course) and if you answer the questions the way the club want them answered they offer you the job.

when you advertise a job you should be able to see a list of potential applicants and their attributes rather than having to click each one individually and compare manually, that and the ability to set a hometown for your manager

I would like there to be more interaction with your feeder clubs / clubs you've send players to on loan, being able to interact with the manager asking them to give a player game time etc.

I want are attributes to show like every other managers, Attacking 18 - Defending 5 - Man Management 17.

The biggest annoyance that has to stop: players thinking that if they dont start matches they are not playing!!! I have since time immemorial been faced with players who play a lot of minutes (but maybe dont get so many starts) complaining that they are not playing.

This is very unrealistic and it should stop. Yes players must react to not starting games but for god's sake SI factor in playng time as well!!!!!

1. Be able to search for players by their role (the highlighted attributes) when on the transfer section. So for example searching for a Deep-Lying Playmaker it would search for the attributes necessary for this role.

2. Be able to design new kits and pick sponsors too. I understand this isn't really a Managers job but it would be a fun addition.

3. More realism added to the regens. I am sick of seeing tons of regens with 14 jumping and 6 heading as it just isn't realistic. Other common unrealistic traits are defenders being amazing at all set-pieces.

4. Too many good players become available on the transfer list in this season's version. It really does take a bit of the challenge away when you have a vast list of players ready to leave there clubs and you can pick and choose who you want knowing your bid will be accepted. On the flipside, some asking prices are downright ridiculous (£100million plus for some players etc).

5. Clubs don't tend to put new youth regens up for loan. This would happen in real life as usual (the likes of Wilshere, Welbeck, Sturridge etc all went on loan when they were young even though they were seen as having amazing potential).

6. Dynamic PA would be brilliant, although probably difficult to implement. So basically a player could start with PA of 150 but with correct tutoring and exposure to the right types of experiences and a good injury record, this could increase to 170 or so, nothing drastic. This happens in real life for example Carragher was never thought to have the potential to be one of Europe's best defenders, yet he was for a number of years.

7. Attribute loss during injury is too drastic at the current time. 3-4 months out for a player can basically ruin their stats to the point of them being useless to you. I understand reduction in stats for longer injuries but even then players can sometimes return to nearly the same level as before. This could maybe be influenced according to Determination or other mental attributes. So higher determined players will return to a similar level after injury etc.

That's all I can think of at the moment :)

Last edited:
i have a few things that would be good in my opinion.
- weaknesses and strengths in the opposition team report.
- spend your wages on stuff as people have mentioned.
havent seen these two before.
- be able to write in your own team talk and some stuff i feel needs to be put across i have no such option?
- also be able to target a player for eg. say rafeal of man utd was on a yellow card feed everything down your left flank in order to either him stand off or to dive in and a second yellow. i know there is the option to feed through the left flank but i want to target him more. another eg of a player that is small and poor heading from your crosses you can knock it over to him constatnly so a option of hit left back with crosses or something?

•more interaction with the fans
•more interaction with opposition managers/players. It says the manager is one of their favoured people but nothing to show? Could be things like a manager backing you/slating you if you're not providing the results etc. small things but something I'd like to see

Current squad location....

This may not affect gameplay much but it would be a nice add on. It could say where you and your squad are at at the moment. It could say "On Route to London, England" if you are flying/driving to play a club there.

I think that FM doesn't take into account traveling much. You could be playing one day in China and the next day in Mexico and it doesn't take into account traveling fatigue or distance it takes to travel, plus resting time in the hotel.

There should also be more player related issues, players coming to you to talk to you about issues they have in their life and you try to calm them down, or issues they have with other staff/players. Depending on how you talk to them and solve the issues, it can increase or decrease their morale, as well as their opinion of you and the club.

Also, there should be more interaction between the manager and the board/chairman.

Also there should be a music box where you have club's songs by default (You'll Never Walk Alone, Juve Storia di un Grande Amore, etc). You can also add song's you like to listen to.

Last edited: