Football Manager 2014 - New Features / Changes you would like to see

Don't know if this has been said: but how about using the money you earn on learning new languages and getting more coaching badges. This would give more reason to you're wages.

The game without Andre "Cardhappy" Marinner. Guy really ****** me off lately :mad:

This discussion is great but the only way to guarantee to get your opinions/suggestions heard is to post here:
What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions..
I don't post on the thread over here any more because I prefer my views to be guaranteed to be heard and not hope some SI employee stumbles across this thread and read your suggestions as well as take note of them and add them to the potential changes list.

boardroom request bug fixed where you ask for better training facilities, then when they're 90% completed the board says "we've decided to upgrade the training facilities, it'll take a year from now"... no... you had nearly finished it, why restart? drives me insane.

change away kit each year.

better press conference questions+ make the answers and tone mean something.

view training if i want to help decide whos starting.

if my DOF is in charge of my contracts he should ask me if i want to keep a player if hes aging(my DOF on fm13 signed a 34 year old ibrahimovic on a 3 year deal for 160K a weekXD)

unhappy players try to force their way out more and dont hand in a transfer request on the day after transfer deadline

your scouts should be used for junior players aswell as already pros

some control in new stadium structure- make it look good or make it hold more?

contreversial players make negative comments on social media

job interview when applying for a job.

Last edited:
More variety in press conferences. more visual representation in the game i.e training ground and facilities, maybe your office etc. Visually better ME particularly the crowd. Sound is definitely an area which needs working on. How about some chants and audible shouts from the touchline. Better animations for the ME would be great. There is plenty that SI could do to improve an already superb game so let's hope it happens.

maybe let you start as a manager of under 18s / reserve squad and work your way up to being the clubs first team manager

Allow HTML Export of some sort, sort of like OOTP. Think it would be really nice addition.

More variety in press conferences. more visual representation in the game i.e training ground and facilities, maybe your office etc. Visually better ME particularly the crowd. Sound is definitely an area which needs working on. How about some chants and audible shouts from the touchline. Better animations for the ME would be great. There is plenty that SI could do to improve an already superb game so let's hope it happens.

Sorry, but I veto that! :p Seriously, all that is just draining resources, Because of the crowd and stadiums being more detailed the RAM (and graphic card too) requirements had a noticeable jump from FM11 to FM12. And such requirements would be greatly increased by something that's just tertiary to the game. It's an strategic game, anything graphic or sound is just lollipop. And it could easily be resources taken for other more relevant tasks like improving flexibility of tactics to introduce new kind of instructions to make tactics more like reality, as the increased processing power required by that would be used in non-relevant graphics sounds for this product.

Maybe the improving of sounds can be done with far less drainage of resources than graphics, though.

I know the game is 'football manager' but I would like there to be a game mode where you can start a football club as a chairman. You would have a starting amount of money (maybe different amounts for different difficulty levels) and you have to set a wage and transfer budget and hire a manager to do the rest. The game could cycle through pretty quickly and it would be a bit of fun with the challenge of taking your club through the divisions into the top flight, whilst not losing money. As FM's progress on this game could be developed to incorporate more decision and interface. Then if it proved successful SI could potentially release it as a seperate game in the future with a lot more detail.This is just one of the things I would personally enjoy.

Sorry, but I veto that! :p Seriously, all that is just draining resources, Because of the crowd and stadiums being more detailed the RAM (and graphic card too) requirements had a noticeable jump from FM11 to FM12. And such requirements would be greatly increased by something that's just tertiary to the game. It's an strategic game, anything graphic or sound is just lollipop. And it could easily be resources taken for other more relevant tasks like improving flexibility of tactics to introduce new kind of instructions to make tactics more like reality, as the increased processing power required by that would be used in non-relevant graphics sounds for this product.

Maybe the improving of sounds can be done with far less drainage of resources than graphics, though.

I understand your point.

I really hate getting sacked after declaring interest in another job...

To Start out as a U18 manager and work your way up would be fun

Absolutely! Starting as Sunday league footballer is fine, but it would be even better to manage U18s or U21s. After few successes the jump to senior football would be so exciting

Functional defense. Seriously, the ME for the defense (both player and computer) is an absolute joke. Bordering on unplayable.

A mobile app which would allow you to take a snapshot of your existing save so you could mange some of your day-to-day tasks on the go. You could upload / download the info you wanted from pc to mobile device.

- Team selection - so you can see your existing players / stats. Maybe same info on your next 3 opponents.
- scouting - perhaps you could upload part of the player database . For example if you were looking for a new striker upload all the ST which meet your criteria .

I guess there would be some limitations here but I would use it when I did not have access to my PC.

I am sure SI could make a few more ££ out of it.

Last edited:
Being able to start as a known manager is a big one for me. I want to be able to play as Wenger and finally bring the glory days back.

Don't know if this has been said: but how about using the money you earn on learning new languages and getting more coaching badges. This would give more reason to you're wages.

On a similar note, it would be good to be able to send new foreign signings on language courses to improve communication and team cohesion. Still getting in match comments from my ***. Man. saying so & so is having difficulty communicating.....especialy when so & so has been at the club for a year!